Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Fantano talks to Ghost (brand new)

How do the interviews you posted refute what Ghost said here? In those other interviews he was 1) promo'ing the album and 2) briefly talking about how the beats sound like older wu stuff.

In this interview he admits that the album wasn't originally a wu-tang project (which anyone who was here during the genesis of it already knows) and intimates that he's irritated by the whole fucking thing.

I think the way he talked about doing the verses as a favour and for less than he normally would, is pretty disingenuous, but that's just conjecture on my part. It wouldn't be the first time wu members have decided that a monetary arrangement they agreed to was unfair, after the fact.

It was interesting near the end when he was talking about the Wu-Nas tour. He stopped himself revealing a detail. Wonder if there will be a twist to the show.

Also good idea from Ghost that GZA and Nas should collab. Seems like they would compliment each other on that thoughtful, lyrical stuff.

As far as Ringz album, hes probably just sick of getting asked about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    There’s no way ANY of Ghost’s solo albums are better than Shaolin. I haven’t heard the album and Ghost is my favorite Wu member, but I’m 100% convinced this is the case
    How can you be 100% convinced of anything when you haven't heard it? I doubt even Ringz would claim this, and he could claim anything about the album.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    How do the interviews you posted refute what Ghost said here? In those other interviews he was 1) promo'ing the album and 2) briefly talking about how the beats sound like older wu stuff.

In this interview he admits that the album wasn't originally a wu-tang project (which anyone who was here during the genesis of it already knows) and intimates that he's irritated by the whole fucking thing.

I think the way he talked about doing the verses as a favour and for less than he normally would, is pretty disingenuous, but that's just conjecture on my part. It wouldn't be the first time wu members have decided that a monetary arrangement they agreed to was unfair, after the fact.

It refutes Ghost saying he didn't know about the album, the creditation it got and the quality of the music. In one interview it sounded like 36 Chambers, in the other one it's decent and real nice, but in two other ones it's trash.

In one interview he's asked about it as a Wu-Tang Clan album and he confirms it, and I'm his boy and the concept is brilliant... and in another I'm some shiesty dude and it's not a Wu-Tang album and this and that.

Two complete opposite opinions on the same exact album. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    How can you be 100% convinced of anything when you haven't heard it? I doubt even Ringz would claim this, and he could claim anything about the album.
    Maybe not 100% but from everything I’ve read and knowing Cilva’s ear for beats, I wouldn’t be surprised if this album turns out better than most Wu albums. I’d bet money it’s only inferior to 36 Chambers, Cuban Linx, Liquid Swords, and maybe Wu-Tang Forever. It has to be better than Tical, Return to the 36, Ironman, Clientele, Cuban Linx 2.

I know a lot of people are bitter about the way things turned out with the album, even I think Cilva went too far and became obsessed with legacy, but this album is probably dope as hell. We all saw the beat sessions video he made way back when and every beat was better than anything I've heard from the Wu in over 20 years

I base my opinion on the instrumental albums Cilvaringz officially released over the years. I like them, some beats have a cinematic quality to them

I cannot say anything about OUATIS as an album in terms of musical quality but if rappers brought their A game and Cilvaringz came up with beats like the ones on his instrumental releases, OUATIS would be an album I'd enjoy listening to. Really that's the only assessment I can make with limited input.
    Retired.

The best beat I’ve heard from Cilva is that Allahu Akbar beat from one of his instrumental albums. How the hell did THAT not get included on the Shaolin album? MCs would kill for a beat like that. And that Barabbas track with Killah Priest sounds promising but the verse is cut short

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    Maybe not 100% but from everything I’ve read and knowing Cilva’s ear for beats, I wouldn’t be surprised if this album turns out better than most Wu albums. I’d bet money it’s only inferior to 36 Chambers, Cuban Linx, Liquid Swords, and maybe Wu-Tang Forever. It has to be better than Tical, Return to the 36, Ironman, Clientele, Cuban Linx 2.
    Better than Ironman? lol never gonna happen
    N.I.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Well I appreciate the comparison but no, I would never put my work against anything made up until '97-'98 including Heavy Mental, Silent Weapons & Clientele. That whole streak is untouchable.

OUATIS is however very good if I may say so myself. Nothing like any of the work you've heard of me I'd say.

Peace CT

That would deserve a handshake if this was face to face^. Peace

if this album isn't better than Heavy Mental, The Pillage, or Killarmy shit at the bare minimum, we've got a problem

PRODIGAL SUN

I think cilva is enough of a wu head to bring something to the table despite me bustin his balls on here.

as for fantano interview. Dude is a novice. “Howd ya work with kendrick and the millionith time i asked about doom” vs ya talking to the guy who basically is right there with nas and jay as the next best mc all times. You ask about kenny n doom. Not cuban linx. Not odb. Not supreme. Nice bro.

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    I think cilva is enough of a wu head to bring something to the table despite me bustin his balls on here.

as for fantano interview. Dude is a novice. “Howd ya work with kendrick and the millionith time i asked about doom” vs ya talking to the guy who basically is right there with nas and jay as the next best mc all times. You ask about kenny n doom. Not cuban linx. Not odb. Not supreme. Nice bro.

He did ask about SC2 though
    N.I.