Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rank a discography

The ABBOTT

Can someone do a Radiohead ranking. Maybe @noel? I have only really listened to Kid A. Since it drew influence from Warp artists (BoC, Aphex Twin, Autechere).

Sure, man. I don't listen to them like I used to, but my personal rankings would look something like this...

1. In Rainbows (no question, for me)
    2. Ok Computer
    3. Hail To The Thief
    4. The Bends (haven't heard this in soooooo long, but I know it's one of the most consistent)
    5. Kid A/Amnesiac
    7. The King of Limbs (this one has some really good stuff on it, but also some blatant filler tracks)
    8. Pablo Honey

It's too hard for me to rank their last album, A Moon Shaped Pool, among the others. It came out after I'd lost a fair bit of interest in them, and I've never really been able to get into it, despite quite a few listens.

Also, I listened to Ok Computer for the first thyme in forever, recently, n for me it actually hasn't aged that well. But it is a great album. Definitely one of their very best.

I was into them at a thyme where albums as a whole weren't that massively important to me, and tbh for me In Rainbows is their only super consistent, outstanding as a whole album. Even at the peak of my interest Ok had 3 tracks I thought were skippable.

They r undoubtedly one of the most outstanding bands ever tho, and most certainly of the last several decades. They r immensely talented and creative song writers and musicians. I'll always have an enormous amount of respect for them, musically.

Some of their individual tracks are absolutely out of this world. Absolute peak of songwriting mastery. How To Disappear Completely and Weird Fishes r probably my 2 favourite songs ever penned, by anybody.

I checked out the The Smile album too. Gave it a few listens. It's pretty decent, but again it just got a bit old hat for me.

Pablo Honey & The Bends remind me of my days as a youngin
    Retired.

1. OK Computer
    2. Kid A
    3. A Moon Shaped Pool
    4. In Rainbows
    5. Amnesiac
    6. The Bends
    7. Hail To The Thief
    8. Pablo Honey
    9. The King of Limbs

Also I'd put 'A Light For Attracting Attention' at 3 if you want to count that. As far as I'm concerned they can give up on Radiohead and just do The Smile from now on.

I'm looking for a Van Halen ranking.

thanks
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post
    I'm looking for a Van Halen ranking.

thanks
    Does anyone like Haggar VH over Davis lee Roth?

I prefer Diamond Dave. Sammy's cool too but DLR has more personality to his voice. I prefer the songs of the DLR era anyway, regardless of the singer

I only found out this week Sammy Hagar was a member of Montrose years before Van Halen
    Retired.