1. Abraxas
    2. Santana
    3. Santana (III)
    4. Caravanserai
    5. Amigos
    6. Borboletta
    7. Marathon
    8. Festivál

I am only missing Welcome and Inner Secrets from their peak period, Welcome would slot in around 5 or 6 and Inner Secrets probably at the bottom. Also missing a few live albums but I’m not keen on them.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I feel like they got played out fast. The first 2 albums are great, and a handful of other tracks, but they had nowhere to go musically after their initial burst. That goes for their solo stuff too. Its all the same sub Stones, sub Beatles Manc gibberish. Its the equivalent of an AI art version of 70s rock.

But yeah those big singalong hits. If they ever were smart enough to bury the hatchet and tour, I'd buy a ticket.
    Yeah they're just straight up rock and roll. But they did it better than probably anyone since the 70's. I fucking love their last 2 albums. DBTT is somethymes my favourite of their albums, and DOYS could've been my fave if it didn't have such a mediocre last few tracks. The first 8 tracks r fucking stellar. Waiting For The Rapture is probably my favourite song they ever did.

Like I said, I really like all their albums.

Liam's solo albums r a bit up and down. I don't think any of them r particularly consistent. Noel's first 2 r great tho.

Also fucking love the first Beady Eye album. And the second one was pretty cool too.

Also, as for 'smart enough to bury the hatchet n tour', I don't really think it's about being smart. Those dudes don't need any money. Nor do they need to prove anything or build on their legacy. As Noel says, there's no reason for him to do it. He's happy with what they achieved n sees no reason to continue the Oasis story.

Noel is probably the most quotable celebrity ever, lololololol. Fucken funny cunt. I'll go and find his quote about Liam's songs that I saw yesterday.

I'm aware I'm being a bit of a charles jones right now, hahahahahahaha.

"Songbird’ blew my head off when I first heard it because it was that f*ucking simple and that direct,” Noel later admitted. “But when Liam plays you a song he wants you to instantly fucking drop dead on the spot and then, when you come around, stab yourself in the heart and be in awe of the f*cking sonic ability of the man.”

Yeah I know they have enough money and don't like each other. Their whole beef is lame as fuck though.

I obviously disagree on their legacy or whatever. They can't ruin it because they already have a bunch of mediocre albums out there. They come off like 2 stubborn kids that won't play with each other. Its not like 'musical differences' is an excuse, because they still basically haven't moved on from the Oasis sound.

Steely Dan

1. Aja
    2. Gaucho
    3. Pretzel Logic
    4. The Royal Scam
    5. Countdown To Ecstasy
    6. Can't Buy A Thrill
    7. Two Against Nature
    8. Katy Lied
    9. Everything Must Go

Its not like any of them are bad albums but that final album was pretty forgettable in spite of the perfectly produced and arranged pieces. That being said, the 2 solo records that Fagen released after that are fantastic and basically indistinguishable from SD albums.

The ABBOTT

Steely Dan for me.

1. Aja
    2. Gaucho
    3. Countdown to Ecstasy
    4. Katy Lied
    5. Royal Scam
    6. Can't Buy a Thrill
    7. Two against Nature
    8. Pretzel Logic
    9. Everything must go

I'm surprised you got Pretzel Logic so high and Katy Lied so low. Pretzel Logic has some forgettable tracks for me, unlike every album above it.

What two Fagen solo are you referring to? The two released after Gaucho or the two released after Everything must go?

Katy Lied has some very amusing songs, but Pretzel sticks in my head more, maybe Pretzel is a bit darker in tone.

The 2 after Everything Must Go. His first solo The Nightfly is great too.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Katy Lied has some very amusing songs, but Pretzel sticks in my head more, maybe Pretzel is a bit darker in tone.

The 2 after Everything Must Go. His first solo The Nightfly is great too.
    Pretzel logic contains East St. Louis Toodle oo and through with Buzz. Two tracks that are very un steely dan like.

Walter Becker also has a solo that is actually not too bad. It really doesn't sound much like any other SD release.

The ABBOTT

^ I have heard this one. 2nd arrangement is another great unreleased track.

Dire Straits

1. Love Over Gold
    2. Dire Straits
    3. Communique
    4. Making Movies
    5. On Every Street
    6. Brothers In Arms

That's not concrete at all. 1, 5, and 6 r pretty well concrete. 2, 3, 4 could def swap around a bit.

The ABBOTT

^ Good list. I might put number 3 higher, otherwise spot on.

Yeah 2 and 3 were the hardest to place. Was originally gonna put Dire Straits and Communique equal second, and probably should have.

The ABBOTT

I would switch 5 and 6 also. I forgot their is a couple absolutely skippable tracks on every street for me. Their entire discography is solid though.

I don't really listen to those last 2 albums. Just every now and then to remember what was on them. They're both pretty decent, but just not something I find myself wanting to come back to.