Thread: Fifty Cent signed to Shady/Aftermath/Interscope twenty years ago today

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Default Fifty Cent signed to Shady/Aftermath/Interscope twenty years ago today

The beginning of one of the most powerful unions in hip hop. It was unfortunately the ending of one of the most powerful unions in hip hop as Royce felt some kind of way about Eminem signing Fifty Cent over him after he asked to sign to Shady Records multiple times, but Eminem declined because he was too busy filming Eight Mile.

50 had a great run

He put a lot of artists on too, even after he wasn't that relevant anymore, by endorsing them
    Retired.

Yeah, put on a lot of producers also, the majority of those G Unit albums were produced by unknowns

”Still craps and lies” Andy Warhov's Avatar

50 Cent underrated. His albums was hard, I think you see his hits getting sampled soon. He got bangers

Veteran Member

Signing to Shady/Aftermath was the beginning of his rise to success but also the beginning of his decline as an emcee IMO. I'm definitely partial to mixtape 50 and I understand the change in direction career-wise, but I didn't enjoy much of his music post-signing

I feel the same way about Cam'ron. He was fierce on Confessions Of Fire and Sports, Drugs And Entertainment, but dumbed down his whole style once he signed to Roc A Fella. This Cam'ron was a monster spitter.. https://youtu.be/uoj8mbkh5xQ