Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Method man talks on tical album shouldve been 5 mics.

PRODIGAL SUN

Tical is still a legendary album despite not being 5 mics. Its a solid 4.5 / 4 at worst.

tical 2 was dope but i only use the wu/hav production. I dont like meth over sermon like that

i just swap songs with the rza n math stuff from blackout as imo they seem to have been origibally for tival 2000 as they fit right in production wise. Run 4 cover. Cereal killer, Fire in the hole on tical 2, mived the erick stuff to blackout

that was a hell of a run imo nonetheless

Budden talks about Meth's interview with Math Hoffa

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.72035/t...s-wu-tang-clan

eh sounds plausible

all of this is way in the past anyway
    Retired.

tical is 5 stars in my opinion and meth is the GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS View Post
    i got tical when it dropped back in the day and that album got 4.5 mics in the source and it shoulda been 5 mics in my humble opinion there isnt a bad song on tical
    agree. Ppl knock it a lot but I don't see where it 'lacks'.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    5 Mics is a bit much but The Source gave it 4 which I think was pretty accurate. It's still a Wu-Classic without a doubt. Like someone mentioned earlier Tical 2000 could've been considered better than Tical if it didn't have about 12-14 skits on it. I don't know whose idea was that. He was just missing that "Hit" from Tical 2000. The album went Platinum just off Mef's name alone lol but it didn't have a "All I Need" or "Bring the Pain" caliber type track.
    really? Cause I remember judgement day being in HEAVY rotation on TRL and Direct Effect back in the day. Didn't have Rap City cause I lived in a hell hole but I'm sure it was played even more on there. Judgement Day imo is method man's best song, though not my favorite song of his. Everything that makes method man great is in full display on that song. The next closest is Bring Da Pain then METHOD MAN.

T2000 and Blackout are what made Method Man an A-list rapper through the early 2000s and that's where most ppl beyond hip hop came to encounter him. He was on MTV every 2 seconds for a good 4 years lol

Banned

I agree with Hollow Dartz there are way too many skits on T2000 which makes it a hard listen for me and a reason why I rarely listen to it.

This thread makes me need to go back and listen to Tical, T2000 and Blackout because I feel like I under appreciated Meth’s solo work back in the day his albums are probably my least played of those guys who dropped stuff from like 94 to 98
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    agree. Ppl knock it a lot but I don't see where it 'lacks'.
    Some people blame the rushed mixdown due to the flood. I think that the Razor Sharp Mix and a better beat for the Method Man remix would have been better off