Thread: What is your take on King Crimson?

Default What is your take on King Crimson?

over the last five years or so I have been getting more into hard rock, arena rock and prog rock thanks to a friend and his vast collection

he's a big Crim head

today I finally copped a Crim compilation. I was always under the impression, as far as prog goes, these guys are amongst the least accessible apart from the slower songs, judging from what I heard on YT

as I'm listening to this

https://www.discogs.com/release/3658...mson-1969-2003

I'm thinking ... they're a bit special aren't they? lol

I hear even Robert Fripp of King Crimson himself calls the 'Lizard' album 'unaccessible' and 'a mistake'

you be the judge :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpZs...Itwu0kvN2AAn8n

so, how do you feel about the Crim?
    Retired.

Banned

In The Court of The Crimson King is one of the greatest albums of all time but I haven't listened to anything past that
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

I was listening to them for a while, when I first got really into Floyd and was looking for similar bands before I realised Floyd are just absolutely in a league of their own.

The one Hound mentioned was the one I listened to a fair bit, but I've probably heard them all. They're pretty good from what I recall. Will definitely be making a note to have a full King Crimson day next work day after this cunt rain fucks off.

Their other albums have their moments for sure. They require more than a few listens to get into though. The Posideon album has a similar vibe to the debut.