Thread: Bands that traded up in singers

Default Bands that traded up in singers

I just bought the whole Faith No More catalog. Chuck Mosley has got that great punk energy. Mike Patton is a melodic singer with personality IRL and in his voice. both great. but if I had to pick I'd go with Patton

I was also thinking of Iron Maiden. I can't say anything meaningful about their first two singers since they didn't record with them. but then came Paul Di'Anno. and just like Mosley he had that kind of punk vibe. but when Samson's Bruce Dickinson stepped in it made the band sound more epic. Di'Anno was good, Dickinson was great

any other bands that traded up in singers? also obviously feel free to disagree with the above lol. I'm all for making good conversation
    Retired.

maiden and sabbath

Banned

Hal can you remove Satan's moderator status of the sound shack for thinking Sabbath traded up with singers by getting rid of Ozzy? Ta.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

no i just meant those were two bands that changed singers and it wasnt bad. obviously ozzy > dio

wasnt sure what "traded up" meant

incidentally Tony Martin released a solo album earlier this year, his first in seventeen years

https://www.ghostcultmag.com/album-r...-star-records/

I might check it out in a bit (link above contains a vid btw)

I was never a Tony Martin fan in the Sab context but admittedly the guy can sing. he just doesn't seem to have much personality. I just did some background reading and to my surprise I found out he is also a multi instrumentalist. he played most instruments on his previous solo effort 'Scream'

the way this thread is turning out I feel like I need to dive back into the Sab catalog and compare some albums from the various stages of their career. thanks

I wonder if Ozzy, who has this unique singing voice (if with limited range) that stand out a lot, could have saved his vocals by having intensive vocal training early on in his career. obviously drugs and booze didn't help but it seems to have affected him more than some other metal and hard rock singers who partied it up. I would dread to hear Ozzy's vocals in studio these days before they have been processed

RIP Dio
    Retired.