Thread: Throwback RZA Got Beatdown and Jacked For His Chain at Club 662. 2pac Got It Back For Him

Default Throwback RZA Got Beatdown and Jacked For His Chain at Club 662. 2pac Got It Back For Him

this a famous story? never knew about this

below is the old Method Man interview that is referenced in the first vid

Retired.

Eastern village

Yeah the rumor has been around for a very long time. But the rumor I heard has been it was deck and not rza. Or some hang arounds who got into it at 662. Im not sure how correct reggies story is though. Rza is not known getting drunk and get into fights. I belive that the people who jumped him really didnt know who it was they jumped. But who knows. Reggie was there I was not. Glad it got solved without voilence though.

which one was it ?

or decks

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

I heard Deck, first time hearing this was RZA.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

If it was RZA, would this not be known way more? The leader of the Wu got jacked?

If it was, it was not the 7 sun. That one was introduced around the WAR & BOAP period. There is not images of him wearing that pre '98. The Deck chain, isn't that from 'round '98/'99 promo? So could not be that. Same goes for the cross RZA is wearing as bobby. Or the angel with RZA in yellow with his '97 pointy ass rings.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    If it was RZA, would this not be known way more?
    It is.

And no one was immune, either. One time, RZA told me he was going to Vegas with Reef for a couple days. Now, I warned RZA, told him to wear his vest and be on point and careful, or he was gonna get popped.

He was like, “Nah, I got this.” Now, RZA may look kinda nerdy, but don’t let that fool you—Bobby Digital ain’t no fuckin’ punk. Regardless, two days later, he shows back up with a busted lip.

So I asked him, “What the fuck happened?”

He says Reef and him were at a party. Sure enough, when Reef got into an argument with a guy who had a bunch of dudes with him who were part of Tupac’s entourage, RZA ended up getting hit from behind, then got popped in the mouth and got his chain snatched.

When Tupac found out RZA had been the victim of the altercation, he ended up getting the chain back for him. He knew the guys who had rolled up on RZA, and in a matter of minutes Tupac got it back. He even arranged for RZA to see the dude who took the chain for a one-on-one if RZA felt like getting some getback. Nowadays that might be a big deal, but back then that was how the generals of movements could move.

When RZA came back, I just looked at him and asked, “Didn’t I tell you to watch yourself with that dude?”

This sort of shit happened all the time with Reef. Just another day in his life. Eventually he got busted for slinging drugs, but he did his time, got back out, and is turning his life around today.

Excerpted from RAW: My Journey into the Wu-Tang by Lamont “U-God” Hawkins. Published by Picador, March 6th 2018. Copyright © 2018 by Lamont “U- God” Hawkins. All rights reserved.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

^^^Yeah U-God talked about this in another interview when he was doing promo for the last album he dropped. Pac got the chain back and all was well again.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah_MAC View Post
    It is.

Shit, how did I forgot about that in the book.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Would not have ended well for that guy if Tupac did not get that chain back from him. Guess he did not realize that Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nuttin' Ta Fuck Wit is not just a song, but a very real warning.. It is almost always entourage people that get rappers into some shit Better off just rolling dolo, but having protection.