Thread: Cappadonna & Stu Bangas - 'Bang It Out' [LYRIC VID]

Default Cappadonna & Stu Bangas - 'Bang It Out' [LYRIC VID]

Retired.

Third Chamber Grail Bars drops 9.2.22 on Brutal Music / Fat Beats. The Full Length LP from Cappadonna x Stu Bangas
    Features from
    ILL BILL
    Official Sick Jacken
    Celph Titled
    Planet Asia GCM

All Beats by Stu Bangas
    Cuts by Tone Spliff

Peace CT

This should be dope. Although disappointed that it looks like only 8 actual songs and that Cappa didn’t recruit any Wu Fam. But I’ll still take it. Peace

Cool album cover.

That 'Bang It Out' track is niiice. Really, Cap needs top shelf producers (maybe more so than a lot of other rappers, including the other generals). Stu really came through. I love the beat and the scratched in vocal samples (Tone Spliff?)

Lyrically Cappa is solid here. Not 'Winter Warz' or 'Pillage' level but just really up to par. What I will say though, if you listen closely (at least it was like that for me), I'm not 100% sure he's rapping to this particular beat or if Stu crafted the beat and its pace after Cappa laid down the rhyme in the booth. I need some more listens here

Maybe good beats motivate Cappa? If
    he hears them first, obviously, before going in to spit

Cappa has been on a lotta crap (= cheap) beats over the years and the lyrics over those beats were sometimes pretty lazy or cliché. The Pete Rock mixtape (why wasn't that an album?) and the new Stu Bangas project are happy exceptions : Cappa over good beats.
    Retired.

A few other tracks are up on youtube. The beats sound good, but Capp is low effort on the mic. Hes better on the track with Planet Asia.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Beat is a 2005-2008 generic underground beat. Sounds like the Remedy album. Lazy rhyming from Cappadonna. I know you're 50 but damn, try to bring the A game. Make it a good look for the older rappers.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

One new Cappa album every two weeks ? We are blessed.
    A wise man knows his limitations.

泣きたくなるの

PRODIGAL SUN

this album didnt dissappoint me

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Beat is a 2005-2008 generic underground beat
    You say that like it's a bad thing. Those 2000s underground rap beats were fire. But then again...not everybody was Stoupe the Enemy of Mankind

Peace CT

A few bangers on here. Best tracks are the ones with the guest spots. A few duds on here as well which is disappointing since not many actual songs if take away intro and whatnot. Peace

Celph Titled schooled Cappa on that one track and now I just wanna hear the Celph and Stu album

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post

A few other tracks are up on youtube. The beats sound good, but Capp is low effort on the mic. Hes better on the track with Planet Asia.
    loving this one