Thread: MTV Unplugged : what performances did you enjoy?

Default MTV Unplugged : what performances did you enjoy?

I only just found out LL, ATCQ and De La did an Unplugged. Still have to see if I can listen to it online.

A lot of the very early ones (above , Great White etc) I was never even aware of

What MTV Unplugged performances have you enjoyed over the years? Or do you think the whole concept is corny?

I'm listening to Alice In Chains' Unplugged album ATM. Jerry Cantrell had food poisoning from bad hot dogs lol and Layne Staley was practically bleeding heroin at this point in his life. Still a good performance lol.

I like the Unpluggeds best when they sound different from the original songs, which is not the case with Alice In Chains tbh.

Retired.

Banned

I've only ever seen two with the obvious being the Nirvana one, Come As You Are was great

This Mexican woman I was fucking over there put me on to a Mexican band called Los Tigres Del Norte and this song América and specifically noted I had to watch this version on youtube which was the MTV Unplugged version, banger of a song that talks about America being a continent not a backwards banana republic, although this version goes in the opposite direction in the spirit of Unplugged and adds a whole bunch of instruments that aren't in the original lol still great

Not MTV but one of my favourites was Damian Marley doing AOL Sessions

Found out in my travels that Midnight Oil did an MTV Unplugged album, never a big fan of them and their "pay the rent" bullshit but Beds Are Burning is a banger

Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

The ABBOTT

This one is memorable.

The ABBOTT

I haven't seen or heard a lot, but I love the Eric Clapton and R.E.M. ones. I think the Bob Dylan one was pretty good too. The Oasis one, where Liam pulled out at the last second n left Noel to do all the vocals while he heckled him from the side of the stage, is not so good, lololololololol.