I was going to post this in Wu chamber because only about 3 people will read this here lol but as the title says...

I listen to music in the following ways:

- Headphones at work
- In the car
- Headphones on the computer
- On the turntable

When I listen to music at work it's just background noise really and I drift in and out of listening because I have another ear piece in for my job and have to hear different things, when I'm in the car obviously I'm driving so it's not a priority to listen and when I'm on the computer I'm doing other shit. I used to have to catch a train to work and would listen to music on the way and that was probably the most invested I got in to albums besides records because I could tune everything out but I find with headphones that I can drift off in to day dreams so I still tuned out at times.

I find that I enjoy and rank albums better when I listen to them on vinyl than from the other methods and that's probably because most of the time I am sitting on the lounge listening on a decent sound systems with a decent turntable playing it loud and usually with a drink in hand. There's definitely albums I've listened to from the above 3 situations where I wasn't feeling it that I had a complete turnaround because I listened to the record. Nothing has really changed except for the set and setting but it has a big influence on how I appreciate an album or artist.

I know that noel listens to music all day at work, Hal is buying a million cds a day, Sha and Bateman have vinyl records, no idea how bdolo, check two, satan, tsa and others listen to music so I'm interested to know if the way you listen to music impacts how much you rate the artist/album.