Thread: Never Forget The Original: Notorious B1

IronSheik

Default Never Forget The Original: Notorious B1

this is back in the news again...typical puffy move jacking everything... B1 was putting together a law suit but dropped it after big got killed.

He went from Biggie Smalls to Big E. Smalls due to a lawsuit by Calvin Lockhart in 1992 then became Notorious BIG in 1993, the year Notorious B1 from Mississippi dropped his first and last single. B.I.G needed a name and a hit single and Puffy found both in Mississippi. Notice on the song in question, Biggie says “From the Mississippi down to the east coast”. Also notice B1 named his song Big Daddy…..Biggie named his alter ego Big Poppa.

Pete Rock says he was the one that brought “Juicy” to the Bad Boy camp. Maybe that’s why he was so upset when Diddy called Bobby Brown the “chocolate boy wonder” at the BET Awards

https://www.datpiff.com/2Grams-The-N...pe.417390.html
    B1:
    “In 1993 i was signed to a small record label called Dragon Records in Gulfport Mississippi. I had a song that i wrote to Mtume called Juicy Fruit. I wrote the song to the actual record and it was called Big Daddy. Big Daddy was the lead single off the Mississippi Dough Boyz Album that was released in september 1993. It was released on the same day as Snoop Dog’s first album Doggystyle. The dough boyz album was made by two Gulfport rappers Tilidie and myself The Notorious Bigg One. (Notorious B1). Yeah I had the name and song first. I know it might be hard to believe but it is 100% the truth. We was on the radio first and in in the stores first. We sent packages to all the major Labels shopping for distribution. Just image my surprise when people started calling me saying they’ve just seen my video. We was trying to get the truth out back then but after B.i.g’s death i decided to leave it alone out of respect. I’m not fat anymore and a lot has changed but before i leave this b#### I want everybody to know the truth. I was the original Notorious Bigg One. #2Grams”

damn never knew this. props
    Retired.