Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roc Marciano & The Alchemist - The Elephant Man's Bones [2022 LP]

Album drops next week but you can buy it now for an arm and a leg on Roc’s website, includes two bonus tracks. Some dude posted the whole album on YouTube. Too lazy to post link

Someone else posted it too but it’ll probably get removed. Heard the album. The verses are on point as always but it all comes down to the beats. Some beats are just bland. Still good overall. I can’t see Roc making a “serious” song. He’s not leaving the mafioso/drug/pimp universe. I imagine he just watches Scarface and Scorsese mob flicks on repeat

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    Someone else posted it too but it’ll probably get removed. Heard the album. The verses are on point as always but it all comes down to the beats. Some beats are just bland. Still good overall. I can’t see Roc making a “serious” song. He’s not leaving the mafioso/drug/pimp universe. I imagine he just watches Scarface and Scorsese mob flicks on repeat
    I haven’t heard this yet but I was hoping it wasn’t going to be Roc borderline having a conversation over slow beats with no drums.

Album of the year, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by puerto rock View Post
    Album of the year, hands down.
    Maybe…but the bar is low these days

Roc still the best mc in the game today

Roc Marc does what we've come to expect on the rap end, maybe not his best but he maintains the standard. Alan's production is sweet. I feel like its a similar vibe to the Danger Mouse albums beats - very melodic, lots of layers and details that take a few listens to fully absorb. Its not instant hooky beats, so some might say bland, but you have to let an album like this sink in. Its nice.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Yeah it's not a BAD album at all. I just was expecting more. No Bangers at all on the album. Just seems like a slow mellow beat album. Nothing wrong with that but I was expecting a few hard hitting beats on here.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

nada ignorante

Last edited by hotnikks; 08-26-2022 at 06:47 PM.

I used to love beats by The Alchemist, but nowdays all his beats are so freaking boring, he can still make those beats I'd he wants but why doesn't he makes some bangers like back in the day???

nada ignorante

The beats he did for mobb deep were hard asf

Peace CT

Yeah I agree with last 2 statements. His stuff definitely doesn’t hit like it used to. Mobb definitely brought out the best in him. Peace

i understand why alc stopped making bangers, because where did he have to go? he'd made 100s of near-perfect beats and from his point of view, what's the point in just repeating the formula?

i've been the biggest roc marci fan (if anyone digs up the thread here it's full of me rhapsodising about him), but this album just bores me. it's just some sleepy, comfortable stuff from both of these guys.

and for what it's worth, i never want to hear action bronson ever again - i don't hate him, i'm just done with his shit.

I miss the beats he used to make to Sean Price and Prodigy ( yeah, both those rappers are deceased) also to Raekwon, Action Bronson and some other hard core rappers, yeah he doesn't has to prove anything anymore but most the rappers he works nowdays are boring and his beats are boring, pretentious and doesn't has too much replay value, a true snoozefest tbh.

I heard The Elephant Man's Bones album today and for my surprise it's quite nice, at least most of the beats have rhythm...

Nowdays it would be sick if he did a full album with Ghostface Killah.
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 08-26-2022 at 04:41 PM.

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

This was good. ‘Bubble Bath’ sounds like it could have been on Bulletproof Wallets. Then I got to thinking…fuck SC2, Ghost and Alchemist should do a Bulletproof Wallets 2