Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roc Marciano & The Alchemist - The Elephant Man's Bones [2022 LP]

Peace CT

I always forget Alchemist has a couple beats on that album. I think Ghost played an Alchemist track on the Versus. I actually never watched that but thought it came up on this forum. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    and for what it's worth, i never want to hear action bronson ever again - i don't hate him, i'm just done with his shit.
    He was great from 2010-2015, then after the Ghost beef something happened, he lost his zest. But he was definitely THE rapper for a while, I remember. His verses were so unique and funny, and they gave him good beats. Ironically, he got worse the healthier/skinnier he got lol. Now he's buffed up, but can't rap as well

I like a few random songs and features from AB, like he had a few fun songs on his last LP. I just can't take too much of him, hes too one dimensional as an emcee.

Meyhem Lauren has surpassed Action Bronson as an MC, and that’s something I didn’t see coming. Or maybe Meyhem just has a better ear for beats

Last edited by Apocalypse; 09-04-2022 at 02:26 AM.

”Still craps and lies” Andy Warhov's Avatar

Cool album. Mount Marci probably better tho i respect Alc production. Roc marc just too chill. Permanent chill mode for the brother

Mount Marci is just SPECIAL. I knew it would be hard for Roc to top that one. His production is just top notch.

But this album here is its own work of art. I’m digging the mellow vibe on it. Roc’s lyrics are just beautifully dark. He’s definitely the best emcee in the game today. I don’t think there’s a weak track on this album.

Time will tell if this is classic.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Funk Master Flex just played Quantum Leap, awesome to hear Roc Marciano and Alchemist during mainstream hours..

Peace CT

Ok after letting this album sink in I have to just come to the realization that Alchemist beats are what they are these days. Nothing mind blowing anymore and sometimes pretty average. So decent album but nothing close to AOTY. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    Alchemist beats are what they are these days. Nothing mind blowing anymore and sometimes pretty average.
    co-sign.

Horns of Abraxas on repeat. Cant get enough of this one.

Surprised by this album's lukewarm reception. Maybe not so much, because it's very subdued and subtle. But this album to me is outstanding. Reminds me of Madvilliany, which is similarly subtle and subdued but also similarly engaging and memorable. This album keeps me wanting to come back. I think every track on it is pretty great, really. As a whole I'm calling it exceptional at this point. Hopefully that opinion won't fade over thyme.

How do people feel about this album now it's been out for a while?

I still listen to some tracks from this album once in a while, it has good replay level and its one of the best Alchemist projects in a long time.

Roc Marciano is one of the dopest MC's in the game right now and he delivers on this album.

This album has a few bangers.

Great album. I think Alchemist's other recent records with Armand Hammer, Boldy James etc are just as good though.

Alc puts together these ill psychedelic soundscapes and doesn't work with bums. Even the most recent project with Larry June is dope, and hes not an exceptional rapper but they match each others energy perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Great album. I think Alchemist's other recent records with Armand Hammer, Boldy James etc are just as good though.

Alc puts together these ill psychedelic soundscapes and doesn't work with bums. Even the most recent project with Larry June is dope, and hes not an exceptional rapper but they match each others energy perfectly.
    Yeah, Larry June & Alchemist album is also pretty nice, really laid back feel good summer music.

At first I didnt like modern day laidback Alchemist beats, but now I kinda get it and I like it, but I still miss those bangers he gave us in some years ago, like Ferry Boat Killaz ( Raekwon ), Keep Your Heels ( Prodigy ) and Bring It On ( Fat Joe ) for exemple.
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 04-21-2023 at 06:33 PM.