Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruthless Bastards - Can't Feed My Daughter Wu​-​Wear and Leathers

Default Ruthless Bastards - Can't Feed My Daughter Wu​-​Wear and Leathers

Peace wu nation . Up for your consideration.

https://tycobb-blends.bandcamp.com/music

Giving the thread 5 stars for extra exposure.
    Retired.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

I need to cop some Wu Wear on eBay. I need that button up shirt with the bee swarm on it again. Need some wallabees again also.

Thanks for this man.

Quick question... are these blends you put together, or is this a compilation of original Ruthless Bastards joints?

These were one Wu-fam group that I never really checked out.

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Pattch82 View Post
    Thanks for this man.

Quick question... are these blends you put together, or is this a compilation of original Ruthless Bastards joints?

These were one Wu-fam group that I never really checked out.

Peace!
    No doubt @Pattch82 its my pleasure sharing these.

some are blends i made but this one of Ruthless Bastards is just a compilation i put together of some of the older wutang era tracks and couple tracks from 2015 .

this is unrelated to the thread (sorry) but I was just wondering whether you are familiar with this track based on your other username, or whether it is just based on the Georgia Peach himself

Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    this is unrelated to the thread (sorry) but I was just wondering whether you are familiar with this track based on your other username, or whether it is just based on the Georgia Peach himself

peace Hal. i am very familiar with the track and Soundgarden fan since early 90's . this track is one i dig too. I played alot of baseball growing up and thruout high school. Wasnt until i got heavily into pre world war II baseball cards that i got familiar with Ty Cobb. Back in 1994 a movie came out of him but that movie potrayed him wrongly. He is considered the greatest baseball player of all time and that is probably why i chose the name and for no other reason.

here is a cool short read on Ty Cobb
    https://thegruelingtruth.com/basebal...-the-greatest/

from Genius lyrics site.
    The last single off Down on the Upside, released shortly before the band first broke up, “Ty Cobb” is an fast-paced and heavy song featuring mandolins and copious swearing. Originally titled “Hot Rod Death Toll”, the title was changed to reference Ty Cobb, a baseball player whose career was overshadowed by his surly temperament and aggressive playing style.

Chris Cornell on the title:
    ''It’s not really about Ty Cobb. The original title was ‘Hot Rod Death Toll,’ but the lyrics reminded Ben of Ty Cobb, which is a cool name."

my original post was about how the title was counterproductive and dumb but I'm going to assume I'm missing some type of point and move on

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    my original post was about how the title was counterproductive and dumb but I'm going to assume I'm missing some type of point and move on

careful TSA not always good to assume. Yea you should move on from this. There is no point im tyring to make here. I guess if you kind of know some of the history with Ruthless you might have caught on. But the title to this project comes from a lyric by Blizzard from the song
    " Misery , Pain , and Hunger "

"I write my hunger over beats and bars, these niggas wanna see me starve
    Gotta get this cheddar, can't feed my daughter Wu-Wear and leathers
    The Drama Begins and I'm bringing it to whoever"

i dont know the exact details but i remember hearing timbo king ( you can check this on my compilation i made of Royal Fam ) that an A&R who was working for wutang records lost a bunch of DATS and one of them being the Ruthless Bastards album that may have been meant to come out on wutang records. if you remember they had a track on "The Swarm" compilation and also the beat they used on that compilation was eventually given or taken by GFK for the song Ghost Deini . i dont know but i have a feeling Ruthless Bastards had a falling out with wutang records and maybe Divine wanted to pay them with WuWear Leather instead of actual money. Food for Thought. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by rzatrax View Post
    careful TSA not always good to assume. Yea you should move on from this. There is no point im tyring to make here. I guess if you kind of know some of the history with Ruthless you might have caught on. But the title to this project comes from a lyric by Blizzard from the song

i dont know the exact details but i remember hearing timbo king ( you can check this on my compilation i made of Royal Fam ) that an A&R who was working for wutang records lost a bunch of DATS and one of them being the Ruthless Bastards album that may have been meant to come out on wutang records. if you remember they had a track on "The Swarm" compilation and also the beat they used on that compilation was eventually given or taken by GFK for the song Ghost Deini . i dont know but i have a feeling Ruthless Bastards had a falling out with wutang records and maybe Divine wanted to pay them with WuWear Leather instead of actual money. Food for Thought. Peace
    How the fuck to people keep losing this shit? There is a lot out there. Like those Tekitha recordings, and the shelved 12 O Clock album. Now this. Don't forget there is also that shelved U-God project, but that is way more recent.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by rzatrax View Post

Where can I find that Royal Fam compilation that you mentioned?

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Pattch82 View Post
    Where can I find that Royal Fam compilation that you mentioned?

Peace!
    @Pattch82

http://wutangloyalty.blogspot.com/20...yesterday.html

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Yeah I was told they had an album fully produced by the blaksmiths that's not coming out any time soon. They did have a falling out with Wu-Tang, they took a jab at them on one of their radio freestyles it's over the "fast lane" beat by Bilal. 9th Prince even wiped them off "Generation Next" credits lol but if you listen to the song you know who's rapping.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Retired.

Yes, that's quite accurate from what I remember.

Blacksmiths album is permanently shelved. I think something happened to the extent that they lost all credibility in SI. Could be related to the RB album, but not sure

I think that radio freestyle diss must have been from around '08, and I think I remember reading in an interview (I think on Wu Monastery) that it was directed against Method Man. I've personally never heard it though. There have been some other shots here and there, some more, some less subliminal.

Anyway, that's all a long time ago and people moved on. I've met Apocalipps and Iron Mic a couple of years back in SI and hung out with them for a day. They've been working with Meth and Hanz On on the Meth Lab projects. So it's all good.

Shout out to the Ruthless Bastards anyway. Hardest group from SI, in my opinion! They've released a ton of stuff, group and solo, over the years, though mostly mixtapes. Always been in heavy rotation for me. They've also had an interesting trajectory over time as well. Apocalipps and Iron Mic have been doing a lot of community work, for years. Good for them! And occasionally they are still releasing some bangers.

Peace.