Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Killarmy "Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars" 25th Anniversary

Default Killarmy "Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars" 25th Anniversary

Released on August 5, 1997 (Wu-Tang/Priority Records).

Album:

Videos:

Last edited by Vintage Wu; 08-06-2022 at 09:27 AM.

Peace CT

I am sure the outside world doesn’t think so, but this album is a classic. So we will call it Wu classic. Best affiliate album in my book. Peace

Banned

Dope as fuck record, definite wu classic. Has the "we are at war with an enemy we can't see" sample been found yet?
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    Dope as fuck record, definite wu classic. Has the "we are at war with an enemy we can't see" sample been found yet?
    We need to know. I'll ask 4th on IG, hopefully he answer.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

The Federal Bureau Of Investigation found a c.d. of Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars inside of the serial snipers' vehicle. They believe that the lyrics inspired their actions. http://www.blackelectorate.com/articles.asp?ID=732

Ayeah, that DC Sniper story.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Veteran Member

Wu classic for sure

”Still craps and lies” Andy Warhov's Avatar

Wu had too many affiliates. Records like this got passed on because it sounded like an offbrand wutang in the 90s. Nowadays with the autotune mumbler bums it looks like a classic

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Warhov View Post
    Wu had too many affiliates. Records like this got passed on because it sounded like an offbrand wutang in the 90s. Nowadays with the autotune mumbler bums it looks like a classic
    That's RZA fault for giving the OK to a lot of them dudes. It definitely should've been a cutoff point. With that said the beats on this album are 5 stars. WU-CLASSIC for sure. If they were rapping like they did on Dirty Weaponry over these beats.....one can only imagine.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Banned

In hindsight there shouldn’t have been any wu affiliates, so much for “stand on ya own” and “get your own style” “I don’t want nobody sounding like me” when they gave the OK to nothing but Wu Tang biters. There’s maybe half a dozen “affiliates” that weren’t garbage.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Dope album. Production is immaculate and while Killarmy are not incredible rappers (except for Sin, who should have been a superstar), they make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    In hindsight there shouldn’t have been any wu affiliates, so much for “stand on ya own” and “get your own style” “I don’t want nobody sounding like me” when they gave the OK to nothing but Wu Tang biters. There’s maybe half a dozen “affiliates” that weren’t garbage.
    Its clear Divine, power , and im sure rza to some degree were all making money up front on everything , publishing , wu wear, comics, etc. so probably signing groups to deals and labels that probably put instant money in to their wallets, who the fuck cares if it come out now or fuckit we gonna use this song or that song for a soundtrack boom more money up front oh wait we gonna use one for a compilation bong bong more money. its clear why alot of announced projects never saw light of day or a track that was meant for somones album instead come out on a soundtrack or on an unrelated project. Okay killarmy you go on a tour bam more money up front . all pawns while Divine be chilling on his yacht now eating good getting quality hair cuts ( for what he has left up there ) . its very clear now . i dont even know if guys like inspectah deck, ugod , cappadonna are sitting nice on wutang money or on their own hustle money. you would think it should be wutang money. idk wtf do i know im just a fool who bought all that shit up for lil while. those days are done .
    Last edited by rzatrax; 08-09-2022 at 06:06 PM.

Default Congratulations!!!

Congratulations to everyone involved with this album; congratulations to the writers, the producers, the sound engineers, the assistants, the executives, the street teams, the manufactures, the distributers, and anyone else that was a part of the team that helped manifest this classic H.I.P. H.O.P. album. #WuLegacy

THE QUIET SOLDIER

I remember picking this up on CD in the Towers Records store in London the week it came out.

Back in those days to buy anything freshly released in America cost almost double or more the usual cost of a UK released album.

It wasnt due out in the UK for God only knows when, so I paid the extra cash to first get me into London and then to purchase the CD.

Got home that evening and it was on rotation for the rest of the weekend and beyond.

Such a great rough sounding album in the grimy beats meaning on the word. Great tracks, was exactly what I was hoping to hear.

I have always gone by the 36 Chambers of Wu-Tang idea, maybe I made this up on my head, that there are 36 different styles of Wu-Tang music and artists, and this particular Chamber was a Chamber I wanted to visit over and over again.

A true Wu Classic and a very underated album. Not many Groups who come out of nowhere with no well known central rapper can make such a ground breaking Classic album, but this Group did.

Killarmy still my fave Wu-Tang group outside of the Generals, and Killah Sin and Dom Pachino still two of my fave Wu rappers in my perstonal top 5 outside of the Generals.

I can remember playing this and thinking wow after an hour, then Masta Killah appears on a track at the end and you are like HOLY SHIT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrism70 View Post
    I remember picking this up on CD in the Towers Records store in London the week it came out.

Back in those days to buy anything freshly released in America cost almost double or more the usual cost of a UK released album.

It wasnt due out in the UK for God only knows when, so I paid the extra cash to first get me into London and then to purchase the CD.

Got home that evening and it was on rotation for the rest of the weekend and beyond.

Such a great rough sounding album in the grimy beats meaning on the word. Great tracks, was exactly what I was hoping to hear.

I have always gone by the 36 Chambers of Wu-Tang idea, maybe I made this up on my head, that there are 36 different styles of Wu-Tang music and artists, and this particular Chamber was a Chamber I wanted to visit over and over again.

A true Wu Classic and a very underated album. Not many Groups who come out of nowhere with no well known central rapper can make such a ground breaking Classic album, but this Group did.

Killarmy still my fave Wu-Tang group outside of the Generals, and Killah Sin and Dom Pachino still two of my fave Wu rappers in my perstonal top 5 outside of the Generals.

I can remember playing this and thinking wow after an hour, then Masta Killah appears on a track at the end and you are like HOLY SHIT!!!
    Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Takes me back and to get MK on there at the end was dope !