Thread: JOKER 2: Folie à Deux

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default JOKER 2: Folie à Deux

lady gaga is actually doing something i can relate to

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Joker 2 is a musical, thats an interesting concept.
    Hell no. Not good
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

this is her chance to save herself

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    this is her chance to save herself
    From what?

From what?
    a bad reputation

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    Hell no. Not good
    I'm hope I am completely wrong, but they are overthinking this sequel. A musical sounds terrible.

excited. first movie was incredible

Yeah so cool it's gonna be a musical. I am not into musicals at all but with this type of dark movie you know it's gonna be something else. Lady Gaga has acting skills so this could turn out well.

I never expected there to be a sequel tbh.

The first movie was superb.
    Retired.

we will see

Personally I think anything they can do mix up these comic book movies is all to the better. In general I'm sick of the formulaic trash they pump out.

Personally I think anything they can do mix up these comic book movies is all to the better. In general I'm sick of the formulaic trash they pump out.
    I dont like the marvel movies...i dont really like live action comic book movies but Joker was something else. The tim burton batman movies were pretty good. i think the animations are much better and capture the essence of the comics

How is Phoenix going to bring the intense physicality of his Joker portrayal, a major selling point in the first movie, to a musical? Not easy, I fear some of that will get lost transitioning from drama to musical

Marvel movies and comic book movies in general : the final act largely scale destructions are a snoozefest and phoned in. I'd much rather have an intense one on one confrontation that is heavy on character instead of 'destroy the whole scenery'. some spiderman movies (first trilogy, numbers 1 & 2) and some DC movies like Batman (Burton, esp. the first one, and Nolan) have avoided this trap.

that Batman VS Superman movie was probably the absolute worst in 'destroy the whole scenery'. absolutely useless finale that totally went against character as well. The first Wonderwoman movie, which had a terrific opening part on the island, was totally ruined by the final act onslaught too

all of that final act CGI destruction is gonna look dated as fuck too in terms of realistic FX in 10 to 15 years
    Retired.