Thread: New Airplanes

I'm a big fan of the history of Concorde but IDK much about planes in general (nor cars for that matter)

I remember the 2000 crash of that Concorde chartered by a German company

The only planes that have sparked my imagination are the Concorde and the U2

strange considering I read a lot of Buck Danny as a little wun
    Retired.

I don't know a lot about planes, but its weird to think most of the ones we've used all our lives will get bushed in the next 10 years.

”Still craps and lies” Andy Warhov's Avatar

Who gives a fuck. I take a valium and fall out for a few hrs. If the plane goes down fuck itt im not conscious

Retired.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    60 Minutes did a special on this. Interesting stuff, I should say. In the USA, for this to happen, regulations will be super heavy. It'll be big business but expensive in terms of maintenance, licensing, etc. I can see for a small number of companies doing this.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

It could easily take off (ignore the pun) in big cities. The infrastructure in the average city is ancient and theres too many cars. They'd be 10X as fast as a car.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    60 Minutes did a special on this. Interesting stuff, I should say. In the USA, for this to happen, regulations will be super heavy. It'll be big business but expensive in terms of maintenance, licensing, etc. I can see for a small number of companies doing this.
    It's not going to happen until our government can figure out how they can turn a profit on it. There will be some sort of "infrastructure " that needs to be created.

Electric planes aye. So a couple of engineering videos about this, and how difficult it is with the current energy to weight ratio for batteries. Kerosene per kilo has way more energy in there than the best batteries. A hybrid plane could work for short distances. But that's it with the current tech as far as I know. The US and EU should really invest in better high speed train connections, instead of the airlines we have now.

This is also an insane story.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997