Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Respectfully, Ironman >>> Supreme Clientele

Ghost changed his style for Supreme, which is revolutionary (Sean Price admitted to stealing his style after hearing the album), but the beats on Ironman are better, so I go with that album. Plus All That I Got Is You is better than any song on Supreme and also Raekwon's verses are incredible (better than Ghost)

The ABBOTT

Supreme Clientele benefited being released after some solid but not classic WU solos. Tical 2000, Golden Arms, Beneath the Surface, Immobilarity, Uncontrolled Substance.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    Ghost changed his style for Supreme, which is revolutionary (Sean Price admitted to stealing his style after hearing the album), but the beats on Ironman are better, so I go with that album. Plus All That I Got Is You is better than any song on Supreme and also Raekwon's verses are incredible (better than Ghost)
    I might be biased. But, I always thought GFK bit his "new style" from Kool Keith. With the abstract lyrics approach to Supreme Clientele.

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    I might be biased. But, I always thought GFK bit his "new style" from Kool Keith. With the abstract lyrics approach to Supreme Clientele.
    I'm behind on Kool Keith. I just remember Sean Price saying "I didn't know you could rhyme like that, just put words together that don't make any sense, but it sounds fly." I mean...that's what MF Doom did too. But Ghost has these crazy non-sequiturs like in Nutmeg and he made it work. That whole song shouldn't work but it does...

"Scientific, my hand kissed it
    Robotic let's think optimistic
    You probably missed it, watch me dolly dick it
    Scotty Wotty copped it to me, big microphone hippie"

like...wtf? but it sounds fly

Veteran Member

I'm not mad at either take. This is debated a lot on Twitter actually.

They are both classics, and I think comparing them is like comparing Meth's first 2 albums (on a lower scale though).

I think I would go with Ironman personally....but would not debate with someone about SC being better.

Both classics ! Ironman production is untouchable with good features and strong lyrics . SC beats mad nice too & strongly influenced by Lord Superb

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Iron Man def the best... SC def the best follow up record ever... Ghost did a Godfather with that shit.

Peace CT

I could live with the GF analogy. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    Sean Price, MF Doom, Action Bronson, Kanye are a few I can name that came straight from Supreme style wise. Price, Kanye and I think Doom have all admitted it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Iron Man def the best... SC def the best follow up record ever... Ghost did a Godfather with that shit.
    You really think that Supreme Clientele is better than Liquid Swords?
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.