Thread: Pitch movie ideas

Default Pitch movie ideas

The Rock in a reboot of Waterworld

when all is said and done this was a solid if overlong movie but the history behind it makes it so Hollywood wouldn't be too eager to give this movie another go. but if the rights still belong to a studio (?) or could be obtained at a reasonable price, I think there's at least a reboot and maybe a sequel to that in it

The Rock would be a big draw and it's the type of movie and part he could pull off. they could insert a little bit of humour to the proceedings (I don't recall any of that in the original movie) and maybe make it more palatable that way

as a serious action movie / dystopia flick it would also still work but in that case I don't think The Rock is the best fit. in fact you might be better off with Vin Diesel who has done SF in the past, but I don't think he still draws the crowd he used to apart from F&F movies
    Retired.

Anton LaVey biopic

not sure what actor would be appropriate

For a serious Waterworld, we can probably do better than Vin Diesel. What about Tom Hardy, Zendaya or Jonah Hill..

I would like to see a live action Zelda film, something like Majora's Mask would be great. Spielberg or Peter Jackson could handle it.

Yeah Tom Hardy >> Vin Diesel

it's pretty strange there's never been a Zelda film

this is not a movie idea, but an idea I've had for a crime show and maybe it's already been implemented IDK. if so I'd love to see how they pulled this off

I'm talking about having a crime plot where the killer is revealed in the final episode to be someone who was a non talking extra in a lot of scenes shown throughout the show, mostly scenes where there's a lot of people on screen. then when they reveal the killer in the finale they show a lot of those scenes again and with voice over it makes perfect sense he was the killer in terms of time, means and even motivation

honestly I think this could be pulled off just fine, all you need is a good plot writing team but the problem is probably at what rate are you gonna pay that specific actor or actress for any of these scenarios :

say 9 eps of being a non talking extra and one episode at the end where maybe the extra does the voice over or speaks on camera

or maybe even more problematic : 10 eps of just being an extra and that's it

possibly there are actor union laws too that get in the way for this type of stuff

I would love to see a show like that ... but it would only be enjoyable if you wouldn't know it was gonna be like that going in (or if say 5 extras fit the part)

as a crime tv buff I would really like to see this done one day
    Retired.

That would work. I've tried writing screenplays before but it can be painstaking work. With something like that, you'd have to write it backwards then sort of cover your tracks.

Another idea I've had for years is a film based on 'Behold A Pale Horse'. I'm not interested in if any of its true or not, but it would make a good JFK style thriller.