Thread: Ran into Esoteric in Salem

Veteran Member

Default Ran into Esoteric in Salem

I've actually never run into any rappers etc before so I'm actually pretty excited lol...my wife and I are staying at a hotel in Salem, MA and we ran into Esoteric. He's actually staying on the same floor as us. I first saw him getting on the elevator and was pretty bent so I think I was staring pretty hard to see if it was definitely him. I think he thought I was mean mugging because he gave me a weird look. Then I told him I was a fan and kept it moving...he was with his kids and I didn't want to be a pita (although I was fan-girl'ing a bit inside)

That's awesome, I'd have been a little freaked too. Tbh though there are quite a few underground rappers I'm a fan of I wouldn't be able to recognize by face close up.

This is a cool story to share with friends over drinks, nice!

Since you mentioned the elevator, I've shared this story here before, but in Sound Shack, my best friend turbed out to stay at the same hotel as King Crimson after the concert and ran into guitarist Robert Fripp in the elevator. Fripp is extremely self conscious around people he doesn't know and he muttered 'Thank you' while looking at the floor when my friend congratuled him on the performance. Sorry to repeat readers for posting the story again.

On another note, cool that you're staying in Salem. I'm a big HP Lovecraft fan and Salem is one of the places I'd love to visit (along with Providence). A colleague of mine who lived in the US for a year showed me pics of Salem a while back, looks nice!
    Retired.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    That's awesome, I'd have been a little freaked too. Tbh though there are quite a few underground rappers I'm a fan of I wouldn't be able to recognize by face close up.

This is a cool story to share with friends over drinks, nice!

Since you mentioned the elevator, I've shared this story here before, but in Sound Shack, my best friend turbed out to stay at the same hotel as King Crimson after the concert and ran into guitarist Robert Fripp in the elevator. Fripp is extremely self conscious around people he doesn't know and he muttered 'Thank you' while looking at the floor when my friend congratuled him on the performance. Sorry to repeat readers for posting the story again.

On another note, cool that you're staying in Salem. I'm a big HP Lovecraft fan and Salem is one of the places I'd love to visit (along with Providence). A colleague of mine who lived in the US for a year showed me pics of Salem a while back, looks nice!
    Very cool - it's funny to hear that people with a large following can be shy or socially awkward...I would think being able to entertain in front of large crowds would pretty much guarantee the opposite but I guess not.

And I had to look up H.P. Lovecraft but I get the reference now.

We're having a great time here. We did some history type stuff and are eating/drinking our way through the city. We'd definitely come back

{>____<}

Good to know that your celebrity experience was pleasant. I wanted to meet Flesh-N-Bone when he was in Detroit. He was walking on a major street but was yelling and acting hard. I gave that a pass.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Default they killed my people for no reason

just a friendly reminder

im prepared to take everything on from every perspective and every perspective beyond that

tried to be slick but 666

caught up in all kinds of sorcery on every level

but beyond all the witchery just imagine being the Devil for a day

You must be a really big fan if you got that excited about it. He's got some good lyrics, but I can't get past his voice

Veteran Member

Yeah I get what you mean. I've been following him for a really long time (Speaking Real Words/original Army of the Pharaohs work)