01.01.2021
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44

Thread: J-Love exclusives pre-Wu Tang Forever

  1. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    Based on the versions I have, the best is from Uncut and Raw Vol 3
    Thank you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee3 View Post
    If someone has any songs to share thats unreleased or rare olease dm me. I lost alot in a disk crash in 2006 and havent found alot of things online since then. The most exclusive i have is the wuki pack.
    I'll make a compilation with what I can gather, it'll take a little while though so let me know if there's any specific track you're after
    Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    Idk if i missed it but method man - ice cream man. Pretty sure jlove sourced that from wutangworld which i sent in
    Appreciate the info, I just mentioned the whole compilation "Demo Cuts" which it's on, since those tracks are untagged. Some may be available in higher quality or longer though so that info is very appreciated! Like "Take It Back To Brooklyn", I just found a longer version with GZA while the one on Demo Cuts cuts off after ODB's verse
    Quote Originally Posted by Whips-n-Chains View Post
    Anyone have the Tical alternate/remix?

    I’ll dig around for some stuff too

    260 “alternate” version (no “skit” at the end leading into Assassination Day):

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VhrfTlJGe5M
    Cool never heard that, thanks! Do you know where it came from? I got you in a second with the Tical alt mix

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whips-n-Chains View Post
    Anyone have the Tical alternate/remix?
    Props to FreeEmAll for making me find it and to ragnar for leaking it

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Something hard to find for Wu Wednesday!

    Back in 2017, a strange compilation EP from Ol Dirty Bastard, titled "Drop It Over Here" was released on streaming platform (it's still online!). Clearly not an official release, the EP has songs from Ol Dirty's first album, plus a Deadly Venoms track with an ODB feature. All of these were previously released and easily accessible (well except the Deadly Venoms track, but that's not what this post is about).

    For a few days only, the first track of this EP was not Hippa to da Hoppa (as it is now), but the title-giving track Drop It Over Here. If you're old (like me) and into Wu-Tang (like me), the phrase may sound familiar from Method Man's Tical title track. And indeed it's Method Man's track, but an unreleased alternative mix: missing the intro, sounding a lot crisper, the sample during the verses is much more audible, the drums sound a lot better and the outro is not cut. Hope some of you enjoy this!

    https://onlyfiles.io/f/464d5f0165e34224ae1cada4223ae43a

  3. #18
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bmore
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,711
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whips-n-Chains View Post
    Anyone have the Tical alternate/remix?

    I’ll dig around for some stuff too

    260 “alternate” version (no “skit” at the end leading into Assassination Day):

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VhrfTlJGe5M
    I'm pretty sure "Box in Hand" did not run in to the next track's intro bc it was the end of side A on the Ironman cassette. I never knew about 260 though

  4. #19
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bmore
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,711
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainghost View Post
    Props to FreeEmAll for making me find it and to ragnar for leaking it
    Thank you!

  5. #20
    PRODIGAL SUN
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    764
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    I been looking for that 260 version for years with the extra sample in it.



    was on some rae and ghost comp , the same one with the og wisdom body with raes verse


    also i never found the good take it back to brooklyn if you have one that dont skip this is going to be a mighty venture. I been putting together rare shit again after years. Ill see what i have laying around.

    also remember since we looking pre forever, mathamatics release of that rae and deck song, i forget what its called but it sounded like it woulda been great on forever.
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 09-29-2022 at 05:35 PM.

  6. #21
    Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,838
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I have the official instrumental of All I Need with a lady talking on the intro... or isn't this new?

  7. #22
    PRODIGAL SUN
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    764
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    The song i was referring to above is rap burglars

    also

    theres this



    which came from an interview with rzas og anr i forget her name

    and make sure you get the og ooh we love you rakeem. Which i didnt know existed until the show. Its fire

  8. #23
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bmore
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,711
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    I been looking for that 260 version for years with the extra sample in it.



    was on some rae and ghost comp , the same one with the og wisdom body with raes verse


    also i never found the good take it back to brooklyn if you have one that dont skip this is going to be a mighty venture. I been putting together rare shit again after years. Ill see what i have laying around.

    also remember since we looking pre forever, mathamatics release of that rae and deck song, i forget what its called but it sounded like it woulda been great on forever.
    I just checked and I actually have 260 (but it's shit quality...looks like it was on mixtape from DatPiff). I can upload it if needed. I thought I had the wisdom body of version but I'm not finding it ATM.

    I also have several take it back to Brooklyn files... I'll listen to them and see if any are decent (I have a proper rip of the Wu Forever promo tape hosted my Mr Cee so that version is probably decent)

  9. #24
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bmore
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,711
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    I have the official instrumental of All I Need with a lady talking on the intro... or isn't this new?
    This was on a hiphopsite.com exclusive CDR of the Tical instrumental LP ( probably on the vinyl too, but I don't have that to verify)


    https://www.discogs.com/release/1205...-Instrumentals

  10. #25

    Default

    Any other 94,95,96 cuts in particular?

    I can think of the GZA labels “demo version” and Can it be “fresh” mix but both of those are pretty known.

    Anything else with new verses like the Iron Maiden demo with a different ghost verse?

    I need that heaven & hell Demo is asking best quality as possible…one of my all time fav songs

  11. #26
    VogeltjesDansBende lid Jet Set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    tomorrow comes today
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,154
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whips-n-Chains View Post
    Any other 94,95,96 cuts in particular?

    I can think of the GZA labels “demo version” and Can it be “fresh” mix but both of those are pretty known.

    Anything else with new verses like the Iron Maiden demo with a different ghost verse?

    I need that heaven & hell Demo is asking best quality as possible…one of my all time fav songs
    That's Iron Maiden with an extra verse right. Can't believe they put out a 25th anniversary edition without including either that or the original Box In Hand. Instead you get that weak ass remix.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::


    Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

  12. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    That's Iron Maiden with an extra verse right. Can't believe they put out a 25th anniversary edition without including either that or the original Box In Hand. Instead you get that weak ass remix.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_mLsgWnYL0E&t=142s

    Yea it’s a different ghost verse

  13. #28
    Eastern village
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    323
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Link to method man tical alt mix. Diffrent intro some sound effects missing

    https://onlyfiles.io/f/464d5f0165e34224ae1cada4223ae43a

    Its misslabeled as a ol dirty bastard song though. Stumbled on to some releases I havent seen anywhere. Might post a link to one later on.
    Last edited by jaydee3; 10-09-2022 at 12:49 AM.

  14. #29

    Default

    I need some help y'all, can someone tell the difference between the "Can It Be All So Simple" + "Heaven & Hell" demos from the album versions?

    https://mega.nz/file/3d8hHLBa#iExPSj...y3IBLPYVdmdbYU

    https://mega.nz/file/rdcHTSKJ#A8ro9p...ex_I1C8R3O49M8

    A little update, successfully 100% untagged 5 more demos! Will post 'em all here eventually but I'll finish some more first

  15. #30
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bmore
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,711
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    I'll give these a listen later and see if I can tell what's different

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •