Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: J-Love exclusives pre-Wu Tang Forever

Veteran Member

Can it Be - end of Rae's verse on the album version, someone is saying no no don't do that shit or something with gunshots in the background and the demo is missing this. And after Ghost's verse, when the beat changes and changes back to the hook, the album better version plays the entire sample starting with "can it be..." And the demo starts with "all so simple". I used to think Ghost's verse was a different recording but I think it's just the pitch of the crappy quality.

Heaven & Hell - at least one difference is when Rae is taking at the beginning, Blue Raspberry is singing and she's not on the album version. I didn't listen to the rest of the track after that though bc the buzzing was getting on my nerves and I don't recall anything else that was different (that stuff usually sticks out in my mind/nostalgia type shit)

Ghost was an angry motherfucker on that H&H version
    Props for uploading it

Eastern village

I posted the untagged tical I would say test mix since its missing some elements of the released song. You can check it on my earlier post.

Quote Originally Posted by Whips-n-Chains View Post
    I can think of the GZA labels “demo version” and Can it be “fresh” mix but both of those are pretty known.
    What is the Can It Be fresh mix you're talking about? The remix that later ended up on Cuban Linx, the single version with a different mix, or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    I been looking for that 260 version for years with the extra sample in it.

was on some rae and ghost comp , the same one with the og wisdom body with raes verse

also i never found the good take it back to brooklyn if you have one that dont skip this is going to be a mighty venture. I been putting together rare shit again after years. Ill see what i have laying around.
    What's the extra sample in the 260 OG you mentioned? I thought it was pretty much only missing the skits but I must've missed it! And are you talking about a compilation that ended up on a cd or online? Because the highest bitrate of this I can find is about 60kbps lol.. Would be very nice to find the source for this one!

Not counting the one on the "Demo Cuts" comp I got 4 different "Take It Back To Brooklyn" rips so I believe I'm gonna be able to untag that one for sure!! The quality varies though, J-Love is ripping the same tapes over n over which unfortunately is hearable on some tracks.

Btw, who knew Lost In The Masquerade has a 2nd Meth verse??? A dope one too! I've found some real goodies for this project y'all, it's gonna be a very nice compilation!!

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by brainghost View Post
    What is the Can It Be fresh mix you're talking about? The remix that later ended up on Cuban Linx, the single version with a different mix, or something else?

What's the extra sample in the 260 OG you mentioned? I thought it was pretty much only missing the skits but I must've missed it! And are you talking about a compilation that ended up on a cd or online? Because the highest bitrate of this I can find is about 60kbps lol.. Would be very nice to find the source for this one!

Not counting the one on the "Demo Cuts" comp I got 4 different "Take It Back To Brooklyn" rips so I believe I'm gonna be able to untag that one for sure!! The quality varies though, J-Love is ripping the same tapes over n over which unfortunately is hearable on some tracks.

Btw, who knew Lost In The Masquerade has a 2nd Meth verse??? A dope one too! I've found some real goodies for this project y'all, it's gonna be a very nice compilation!!
    theres a vocal sample in the 260 posted above. I thibk its all green sayin yeeeeeeaaa. Its in the immediate beginning of the song

https://youtu.be/VhrfTlJGe5M

theres a vocal sample in the 260 posted above. I thibk its all green sayin yeeeeeeaaa. Its in the immediate beginning of the song

https://youtu.be/VhrfTlJGe5M
    If I'm not mistaking what you mean that vocal sample is in the album version too, and runs through the whole song! But they cut off a few seconds from the intro for the album version though, and the outro

Idk if i missed it but method man - ice cream man. Pretty sure jlove sourced that from wutangworld which i sent in
    That's really cool, where did you get that song in the first place bro? I wasn't planning on including it but if I can find a better quality version than what's on "Demo Cuts" than I will for sure, I'm curious about the sources for all the tracks on that project. I only know that Take It Back To Brooklyn came from a J Love mixtape and have the tagged parts cut out!

PRODIGAL SUN

That's really cool, where did you get that song in the first place bro? I wasn't planning on including it but if I can find a better quality version than what's on "Demo Cuts" than I will for sure, I'm curious about the sources for all the tracks on that project. I only know that Take It Back To Brooklyn came from a J Love mixtape and have the tagged parts cut out!
    I used to be down with all the people who made this site when it was 5 elements, bfists, jordi and the dutch crew. I used to bother them on irc to give up the goods and we became cool. Between them, thedsc crew, wutangworld crew, wulyricz, etc i used to be plugged in with all of them and wed trade rare shit. They traded me cilvaringz killa b ching for the 2 warcloud albums cuz my boy crks411 (youll see his name on old rare wu videos in the beginning when videorips were much rarer and not on youtube. Tho some of them on youtube still have their tags on them) was from LA and actually did the intermissions on smugglin booz in the graveyard. I actually found ice cream man on my boy wuswordman aka matt scaletta (where u at bro?) ftp. Shout out to wuswordsman, crks411, royal monk. They were my og connects.

way before all these songs were released, these people hoarded them and traded for rare shit. Me being from staten island gave me a leg up in getting wu releases early and rarer stuff like solo projects from pr terrorist n shit before they were online. This was 2000-2003/4 era.

PRODIGAL SUN

If I'm not mistaking what you mean that vocal sample is in the album version too, and runs through the whole song! But they cut off a few seconds from the intro for the album version though, and the outro
    I think ya rigjt bro. Now that i listen both back to back, it seems the album version is just mixef slightly diff that the vocal doesnt stick out as much. Seems pretty identical now that i study it.

I used to be down with all the people who made this site when it was 5 elements, bfists, jordi and the dutch crew. I used to bother them on irc to give up the goods and we became cool. Between them, thedsc crew, wutangworld crew, wulyricz, etc i used to be plugged in with all of them and wed trade rare shit. They traded me cilvaringz killa b ching for the 2 warcloud albums cuz my boy crks411 (youll see his name on old rare wu videos in the beginning when videorips were much rarer and not on youtube. Tho some of them on youtube still have their tags on them) was from LA and actually did the intermissions on smugglin booz in the graveyard. I actually found ice cream man on my boy wuswordman aka matt scaletta (where u at bro?) ftp. Shout out to wuswordsman, crks411, royal monk. They were my og connects.

way before all these songs were released, these people hoarded them and traded for rare shit. Me being from staten island gave me a leg up in getting wu releases early and rarer stuff like solo projects from pr terrorist n shit before they were online. This was 2000-2003/4 era.
    You took me on a time travel with your story man, thank you! That was before I was on the internet though, I wasn't online digging for music until around '06. Crazy how fast things have changed since then! Trying to find the sources of unreleased tracks often leads to a whole different era of the internet and the world

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Ghost was an angry motherfucker on that H&H version
    Props for uploading it
    Props 4 pointing out that Ghost' verse was a different take, it's obvious now that listen to the 2 versions a few seconds at a time. Also, some lines that were Rae's are Ghost's on the demo and vice versa!

Here's my untagged edit, I also corrected the speed/pitch & did what I could to reduce the buzz.

https://mega.nz/file/PUkDnJpK#BG9y8_...cwRQ0YuduzZxgQ
    Last edited by brainghost; 11-02-2022 at 04:23 PM.

Veteran Member

Props 4 pointing out that Ghost' verse was a different take, it's obvious now that listen to the 2 versions a few seconds at a time. Also, some lines that were Rae's are Ghost's on the demo and vice versa!

Here's my untagged edit, I also corrected the speed/pitch & did what I could to reduce the buzz.

You're doing God's work bro, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    You're doing God's work bro, thank you!
    Thanks for the love, more coming soon bro!

PRODIGAL SUN

I know this isnt from jlove buy if ya still looking for rare shit

this sounds like it was recorded either in 98-00, for odb second album.

Can anyone re-up the link?