Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alternate version of yall been warned? From the advance? Wu heads get in here

PRODIGAL SUN

Default Wu rare / alternate versions thread

I was on wikipedia reading about iron flag and it says this:

• True Master's "Y'all Been Warned" is a simple one-bar composition with a funky guitar riff over a steady rhythm and a deeply buried piano sample. The advance copy of Iron Flag featured a slightly different version of this song which featured a synthesizer line over the top of the guitar riff. It is not known why this was changed for the final release.

All i remember of this was they edited raes 9 bin ladens line? I used to have that version but i dont think I do anymore. Does anyone have this version of the song still because i do not remember the beat being different and i remember being there.

im putting together like official wu era tracklists so everyone can easily find the rare songs cut from albums and just putting it all tigether like “iron flag era” “the w” etc. so id like to get this squared away but if anyone can provide further clairifcation id appreciate

I actually just solved it myself. Seems the pinky ring single version has an extra bassline and the unedited rae. I guess the case is solved.

im still trying to find the original glocko pop without all the synth

edit: debunked. Single version lacks 3 samples. Us and european retail are rhe same. There is no extra synth. Its from the single being sped up and having a slightly diff sounding mix due to this. The single lacks the 3 extra samples of the retail versions and being slightly faster with rae unedited being the only difference between any versions
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 11-01-2022 at 11:15 AM.

PRODIGAL SUN

Iton flag mixtape by mr cee also has a full version of take it back to brooklyn atleast with the first 2 dirty verses

Banned

Yall Been Warned was the best song on the album along with Radioactive
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Ya'll Been Warned should have had a better video. Did the director even listen to the song? That is something you shoot at the docks out there on Staten Island late at night. Radioactive (Four Assassins) was originally for No Said Date; but Masta Killa told Rza he wanted to give it to the Iron Flag album.

^ R. Kelly directed the video. I don't know if that helps explain it. It could have been a lot worse.

Iron Flag was a decent album, a lot of great Wu songs on there as well as some mid.

Veteran Member

I don't have the advance Iron Flag and I cannot find it on Discogs (but there is a promo vinyl which might be it).

I checked the versions of Y'all Been Warned I have digitally and the only quick beat difference I can ID can be heard in the very beginning...some versions when Street says "that's what's up" you can hear another little sample (and it will be heard again every few bars). Some versions don't have this.

I don't know if this is what is being referenced?

Sounds like a nice idea with the era tracklist for sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    Iton flag mixtape by mr cee also has a full version of take it back to brooklyn atleast with the first 2 dirty verses
    Digging in the digital crates I've recently found out that there's actually (at least) 3 different versions of that song! Different versions as in actual different recordings that is, I hope and believe I can fully untag one or more version in HQ, I'm on the hunt for 2 more sources of the track before I give it my best shot

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by brainghost View Post

Digging in the digital crates I've recently found out that there's actually (at least) 3 different versions of that song! Different versions as in actual different recordings that is, I hope and believe I can fully untag one or more version in HQ, I'm on the hunt for 2 more sources of the track before I give it my best shot
    I thought Meth sounded slightly different in some of the versions I was listening to earlier but I assumed it was related to filr quality. Now I'ma have to go back and listen again lol

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    I thought Meth sounded slightly different in some of the versions I was listening to earlier but I assumed it was related to filr quality. Now I'ma have to go back and listen again lol
    Sorry if I was unclear, I was talking about Take It Back To Brooklyn bro! All versions with GZA & ODB only

Quote Originally Posted by brainghost View Post

can you tell us the 3 versions and their sources ? cd single, promo, etc. ? thanks.

PRODIGAL SUN

To clarify, the og yall been warned is on the pinky ring single. It has an extra synth bassline, and the unedited rae line

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    Yall Been Warned was the best song on the album along with Radioactive
    i despise radioactive and dashing. That and the other non wu producer tracks i take off.

and i add

saian extended remix with meth and ghost
    rocksteady from tony touch piecemaker II
    kiss of the black widow II from digital bullet (idk how he ended up on rza albums but not wu albums)
    warrior (killah beez) from the sting
    And kb ridin from the sting

so my version looks like

in the hood
    Rules
    warrior
    chrome wheels
    Soul power
    uzi
    saian remix
    rocksteady
    yall been warned
    babies
    iron flag / good thing we brought the glock
    black widow pt II
    kb ridin

thats my 5 mic version. One of these days and back in the game arent bad. Could be added. Sucks to lose gza verses but i find the other songs lacking which is why i added all these.

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Ya'll Been Warned should have had a better video. Did the director even listen to the song? That is something you shoot at the docks out there on Staten Island late at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    ^ R. Kelly directed the video. I don't know if that helps explain it. It could have been a lot worse.
    Well, the video for Yall Been Warned never officially dropped, so quality might be one of the reasons.

I'm pretty sure R Kelly was supposed to have directed a video that never released for "Back In The Game" which makes sense w/ his Ronald Isley connection, but I always figured that never dropped because that was when his sex tape scandal first surfaced. Also this is around the time Loud folded so probably why the videos looked so cheap & never released.

The director for Yall Been Warned is most likely the same director for Pinky Ring, as they're reusing the same sets with some redressing & costume changes. If you look at Meth's verses in both, he's rhyming on the same exact set in both & they just added a filter to it to wash out the multi-color lights in YBW.

^ I knew it was the same set, maybe I got my wires crossed since they were both held back.

I feel like I remember reading that though, probably on here.

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    ^ I knew it was the same set, maybe I got my wires crossed since they were both held back.

I feel like I remember reading that though, probably on here.
    Not faulting you for connecting those dots, but I was positive it was R Kelly directing Back In The Game & just confirmed:

Although the collective has yet to schedule dates in its hometown, the Wu-Tang Clan will be in New York prior to the tour to shoot a video for the second single from Iron Flag, "Back in the Game." According to their spokesperson, the track's guest vocalist, Ron Isley, will make a cameo in the clip. Isley's good friend R. Kelly will also be on hand — he's co-directing the video with Billie Woodruff.
    https://www.mtv.com/news/k88t55/wu-t...ck-on-the-road

PRODIGAL SUN

Yo buddah you know about the glocko pop demo? If anyone got it still i figure its you. One of my origibal downlods at this place or wtw or whatever.