Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Alternate version of yall been warned? From the advance? Wu heads get in here

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    Thanks man

This is what I'm hearing...

US and International versions are the same (with the extra sounds during the hook). I hear no other differences in the beat

Single version sounds the same as well, with the exception of the two hook differences (guitar and vocal sample). The pitch is off because the entire track is literally sped up (look at the track length, and the hook starts a second or two sooner than the results versions...I think this is making it seem like there are other beat differences). I'm not a hound or some shit but I'm pretty good at ID'ing beat differences...and I definitely don't hear any addl base or anything
    your actually right i have this odd duck version in my version of yall been warned that cuts before the outro idk where tbis version came from. Prolly someone edited it on soulseek or somethin

the only noticeable difference between them that i hear is single version is sped up slightly, none of the extra 3 samples or the kung fu skit, rae is unedited.

every other version is just the 3 extra samples and rae edited. And because of the speed up it sounds a few cents off from each other.

ok settled. This is a false wiki entry idk what it refers to cause 3 samples are missin between single and album versions

Veteran Member

I searched for an advance/promo release of iron flag online and came up empty. Maybe there is a different version out there aside from the Uzi single version. Regardless, if there is a slightly different version, I'd def like to hear it 😀

Shaolin Student

That Uzi single sounds like a demo compared to the album version. Anybody have any idea why that is?

Quote Originally Posted by rzatrax View Post
    can you tell us the 3 versions and their sources ? cd single, promo, etc. ? thanks.
    Take It Back To Brooklyn

Version 1 (recorded in '91 at Easy Mo Bee's house)
    Appeared on "Iron Flag Sampler", "In Memory Of... Volume III", "Demo Cuts" (sourced from "In Memory Of... Volume III", the tagged parts are cut out so it skips) and "You Call That Digging?" (sourced from "Demo Cuts", which is sourced from "In Memory Of... Volume III", the irony of the mixtape title lol)

Version 2
    Appeared on "That Mister Cee Shit 5", it was also played on Stretch & Bobbito September 29th 1994 and there's another radio rip (from unkown show) available as well

Version 3
    Appeared on "In Memory Of Vol. 3.2", "Return Of the Swarm 2", "Return Of the Swarm 9" and "Wordplay Master 1"
    Last edited by brainghost; 11-02-2022 at 05:00 PM.

Veteran Member

I just realized there was an In Memory 3.1 and 3.2..now I have to track these down lol

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah_MAC View Post
    Thanks!
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah_MAC View Post
    Not faulting you for connecting those dots, but I was positive it was R Kelly directing Back In The Game & just confirmed:

https://www.mtv.com/news/k88t55/wu-t...ck-on-the-road
    The singles for Back In The Day were shipped, but I wonder if that video actually got shot.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997