Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alternate version of yall been warned? From the advance? Wu heads get in here

”Still craps and lies” Andy Warhov's Avatar

This seems real nerdy. Can one of you post the different version on youtube so i can hear the difference?

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    Yo buddah you know about the glocko pop demo? If anyone got it still i figure its you. One of my origibal downlods at this place or wtw or whatever.
    I don't recall any demo version released of that. I remember a low quality Be A Man dropping mad early, a demo version of Cousins, the promo version of DB had an instrumental gap where a Meth verse was pulled from Do U and Thirsty, which ended up on the bonus disc, was originally on the album proper on the advance, but I missed any alternate Glockgo Pop off the top of my head.

Banned

To clarify, the og yall been warned is on the pinky ring single. It has an extra synth bassline, and the unedited rae line

i despise radioactive and dashing. That and the other non wu producer tracks i take off.

and i add

saian extended remix with meth and ghost
    rocksteady from tony touch piecemaker II
    kiss of the black widow II from digital bullet (idk how he ended up on rza albums but not wu albums)
    warrior (killah beez) from the sting
    And kb ridin from the sting

so my version looks like

in the hood
    Rules
    warrior
    chrome wheels
    Soul power
    uzi
    saian remix
    rocksteady
    yall been warned
    babies
    iron flag / good thing we brought the glock
    black widow pt II
    kb ridin

thats my 5 mic version. One of these days and back in the game arent bad. Could be added. Sucks to lose gza verses but i find the other songs lacking which is why i added all these.
    Chrome Wheels sucks lol why do you hate Radioactive that song goes hard.

Claaa7 had a really dope playlist called The Iron W combining the best of The W and the non-Bobby digital throwaways off Iron Flag and that went hard but I can’t find his playlist anymore.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    Chrome Wheels sucks lol why do you hate Radioactive that song goes hard.

Claaa7 had a really dope playlist called The Iron W combining the best of The W and the non-Bobby digital throwaways off Iron Flag and that went hard but I can’t find his playlist anymore.
    why is chrome wheels wack? Cause it had a dr dre esque beat? 12 rae and rza do their thing. its the most bass heavy beat in car too. Radioactive is boring as fuck. Beat dont even have melody its a buncha sounds thrown together. Same reason i hate pioneer the frontier from abt. Iron flag has a bobby digital heavy synth sound compared to prior albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah_MAC View Post
    I don't recall any demo version released of that. I remember a low quality Be A Man dropping mad early, a demo version of Cousins, the promo version of DB had an instrumental gap where a Meth verse was pulled from Do U and Thirsty, which ended up on the bonus disc, was originally on the album proper on the advance, but I missed any alternate Glockgo Pop off the top of my head.
    It def exists. I prolly got it on my pc from 2000s. Its the same version but no synth just the sample. I cant believe its dissapeared from the net. I had it sometime in 2000 and digi bullet dropped in 2001. And meth got cut from do u and is on the extra disk? Off my head i think im getting the sting and digi bullet double disks switched around. I dont remember an extra meth verse at all. Another mystery to solve lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Warhov View Post
    This seems real nerdy. Can one of you post the different version on youtube so i can hear the difference?
    so its nerdy to find full versions of songs before sample cuts?

Says the guy on wutangcorp. ill upload it tomight when i get home

Shaolin Student

I also remember a rough version of Glocko Pop from around 2000. I remember downloading it from Napster. But I think it went by a different name.

Shaolin Master

It def exists. I prolly got it on my pc from 2000s. Its the same version but no synth just the sample. I cant believe its dissapeared from the net. I had it sometime in 2000 and digi bullet dropped in 2001. And meth got cut from do u and is on the extra disk? Off my head i think im getting the sting and digi bullet double disks switched around. I dont remember an extra meth verse at all. Another mystery to solve lmao
    For Glockgo Pop, I'm not saying it doesn't, just that I can't place it offhand. The more you're all mentioning it though, the more familiar it's sounding.

On the Meth pulled off Do U, a version with Meth's verse never surfaced, but it was revealed during the album rollout that he was originally on that track and removed. The CD advance version that leaked had a long instrumental section where his verse would have been but that verseless instrumental part was edited out of the final release. It's why you hear still hear Meth adlibbing all in the beginning of the track and why the instrumental is 50 seconds longer b/c of the extra verse length (& the same length as the advance version)

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah_MAC View Post
    For Glockgo Pop, I'm not saying it doesn't, just that I can't place it offhand. The more you're all mentioning it though, the more familiar it's sounding.

On the Meth pulled off Do U, a version with Meth's verse never surfaced, but it was revealed during the album rollout that he was originally on that track and removed. The CD advance version that leaked had a long instrumental section where his verse would have been but that verseless instrumental part was edited out of the final release. It's why you hear still hear Meth adlibbing all in the beginning of the track and why the instrumental is 50 seconds longer b/c of the extra verse length (& the same length as the advance version)
    props bro. Your the goto wu guy on multiple forums for years. I alrwady know what i dont know, you know; basically…

anyway i appreciate the explanation. I wish i knew what verse he used there. Nowadays you can remove vocals from beats very easy, it would soind dope so if you have an idea which verse, thats be cool

as far as glocko pop, jus like ta12113 said, i know it def exists just where on the yellow brick road is it. And Ta, ya right, it was named something different but i thought it was simply “glock goes pop”. But of course those slight name changes, bring up mostly the album version

as wu fans i feel like we all fell off as other bands outside hiphop have their entire discography labeled snd dated. Theirs entire books based on some bands discography basee on 12” drops etc.

A lot of us from bsck then i think took it all forgranted that we had so many sites explaining every released track from wu monastery to wu/chamber lyrics which no longer exist. Now we all out there blind trying to put everything together. Even this site had list of every official drop. Now its going backwards on discogs snd looking through 1000 mixtapes.

Shaolin Student

About 5 years ago I tracked down darn near every single song, in cd wav quality if possible, or in vinyl or tape quality if needed, that either featured vocals from a core Wu-Tang member, or was produced by Rza, up to and including the year 2000. I separated the sections into Compilations, Remixes, Soundtracks, etc. It took me about a year, and a lot of research on Discogs, to complete. About 1000 songs in total (it also includes cd samplers, some mixtapes, etc. which is why it’s so large). Every once in a while something pops up that I add (such as Illusions Of Love).

I also scanned a ton of magazines articles, and combined them in a pdf. I think it’s about 400 pages. Contains all the classic covers, reviews, articles, advertisements, etc. Definitely brings back some memories. If anybody wants it reupped just let me know.

Shaolin Student

The file is 4.7gb, but worth it.

Banned

why is chrome wheels wack? Cause it had a dr dre esque beat? 12 rae and rza do their thing. its the most bass heavy beat in car too. Radioactive is boring as fuck. Beat dont even have melody its a buncha sounds thrown together. Same reason i hate pioneer the frontier from abt. Iron flag has a bobby digital heavy synth sound compared to prior albums.
    It's a shit song, beat is boring, hook and chorus are boring, it's a Bobby Digital throwaway that ended up on a rushed Clan album, 12 and Prodigal verses are cookie cutter boring, Rae doesn't even spit lol I don't know how you can last until the hook without being bored by the beat.

Soul Power is trash too, the album has synth heavy Bobby Digital feel to it because half the songs were Bobby Digital throwaways that got put on to the rushed Iron Flag album and all the wackest songs on the album sounded like Bobby Digital throwaways

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    It's a shit song, beat is boring, hook and chorus are boring, it's a Bobby Digital throwaway that ended up on a rushed Clan album, 12 and Prodigal verses are cookie cutter boring, Rae doesn't even spit lol I don't know how you can last until the hook without being bored by the beat.

Soul Power is trash too, the album has synth heavy Bobby Digital feel to it because half the songs were Bobby Digital throwaways that got put on to the rushed Iron Flag album and all the wackest songs on the album sounded like Bobby Digital throwaways
    soul power gave madlib an entire sound to bit. I used to hate it but since madlib made that sound so regular i grew to appreciate it, especially with ugods verse

Everything your saying chrome wheels is , radioactive and dashing are. Those are boring ass beats. Chrome wheels is NOT a boring beat, it just was a west coast song by an east coast group. Chrome basically tells you this is the car banger song so you obviously never played this in ya car with the bass up cuz its one of the best bangers. And if i had to choose between tge fake dre beat and the fake premier beat (rules) , if still take CW

i dont care if his digi style was on the album cuz digital bullet is better than iron flag in the first place. Songs coulda been traded back and forth with no discernible difference.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by ta12113 View Post
    About 5 years ago I tracked down darn near every single song, in cd wav quality if possible, or in vinyl or tape quality if needed, that either featured vocals from a core Wu-Tang member, or was produced by Rza, up to and including the year 2000. I separated the sections into Compilations, Remixes, Soundtracks, etc. It took me about a year, and a lot of research on Discogs, to complete. About 1000 songs in total (it also includes cd samplers, some mixtapes, etc. which is why it’s so large). Every once in a while something pops up that I add (such as Illusions Of Love).

I also scanned a ton of magazines articles, and combined them in a pdf. I think it’s about 400 pages. Contains all the classic covers, reviews, articles, advertisements, etc. Definitely brings back some memories. If anybody wants it reupped just let me know.
    oh damn ya magazines are all combined on here? I dled then a few years back and read em all. Youre a legend for that bro. For real. Took me back to when i was a pre teen. Ill see if i have anything you need and ill get at you.

Quote Originally Posted by ta12113 View Post
    The file is 4.7gb, but worth it.
    thanks for the upload. i remember when you shared the others and i got all those. that was awesome when you made those available. thanks for those . is there something on this new link that there wasnt on the others ? i would be interested in the audio files you have put together if those are something you willing to share.

Banned

soul power gave madlib an entire sound to bit. I used to hate it but since madlib made that sound so regular i grew to appreciate it, especially with ugods verse

Everything your saying chrome wheels is , radioactive and dashing are. Those are boring ass beats. Chrome wheels is NOT a boring beat, it just was a west coast song by an east coast group. Chrome basically tells you this is the car banger song so you obviously never played this in ya car with the bass up cuz its one of the best bangers. And if i had to choose between tge fake dre beat and the fake premier beat (rules) , if still take CW

i dont care if his digi style was on the album cuz digital bullet is better than iron flag in the first place. Songs coulda been traded back and forth with no discernible difference.
    At least Madlib did it good unlike Soul Power

yes rules is a trash song, next. Dashing is another wack song that’s a Bobby Digital throwaway. Of course Digital Bullet sounds better than half an album made up of songs that weren’t good enough to be on Digital Bullet

Only wack songs get the “you never played it in the car with the bass up” treatment and I never play Chrome Wheels in my car because it’s a wack song.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.