Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bugsy Da God : CLASH OF THE SUPERPOWERS (When Worlds Collide)

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

And for those who missed one of his last albums…

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rzatrax View Post
    He is a beast i agree but i disagree with the Holocaust comparison i think he more resembles Pop Da Brown Hornet of GP WU . check his solo lp . peace.
    Pop Da Brown Hornet is a fair comparison actually. But every now and then, Bugsy’s vicious monotone flow just gives me old school holo vibes. On older stuff more than this new album actually.

New album is great. Well produced. Solid features. One of the strongest Wu releases of the year. On paper it looks like a Shaka or M-Eighty project - except this actually delivers without any recycled material and none of the verses sounds like copy/paste.

More of this please.

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

Camouflage Disciple is fire too

PRODIGAL SUN

Wrath of god by 4th d is a incredible beat
    Magnificent with deck is VINTAGE true master

dangerous alliance, lyrical shotguns and paradigm shift are dark and fire like the old days

bronze aint slouching either but im excited for new true/4th of course. Poisoned flowers one if the best here

ima give this a real listen later. Wish this was a dom pachino album but bugsy is dope.

Quote Originally Posted by CL2coming View Post
    Pop Da Brown Hornet is a fair comparison actually. But every now and then, Bugsy’s vicious monotone flow just gives me old school holo vibes. On older stuff more than this new album actually.

New album is great. Well produced. Solid features. One of the strongest Wu releases of the year. On paper it looks like a Shaka or M-Eighty project - except this actually delivers without any recycled material and none of the verses sounds like copy/paste.

More of this please.
    On first listen, this was exactly what I noticed. The sound of the project is solid and united.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the story behind Bugsy actually? Did he just come up via Dom Pachino? Is he from SI?
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    Wrath of god by 4th d is a incredible beat.
    It sounds like it was pulled off a backup tape from the 90's or literally different samples from existing 4th beats were spliced together. That's how 4th Disciple this beat sounds lol

Peace CT

A little late on this but damn this is good. Track list lives up to the hype. All 3 producers came with it. Like I checked out that KP/ True Master album a few years ago and those True Master beats were pretty bad. This album sounds like 1998 True Master. Peace

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Generic Underground Rapper. Ya'll like anything now. Starving for that old wu sound got ya'll liking whatever. This is average.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Generic Underground Rapper. Ya'll like anything now. Starving for that old wu sound got ya'll liking whatever. This is average.
    What are some of your favorite releases from this year? Genuinely curious

Peace CT

Hollow doesn’t like anyone except Roc Marciano. We just have to live with this as a Forum Family. Peace

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    What are some of your favorite releases from this year? Genuinely curious
    Rome Streetz Kiss the Ring and Pusha T It's almost Dry are my two favorite albums this year. There are a couple of others I had in rotation such as Willie the Kid, Mayhem Lauren, Future, Westside Gunn, Roc Marciano Bodly James and a few others but those are probably my top 2 for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    Hollow doesn’t like anyone except Roc Marciano. We just have to live with this as a Forum Family. Peace
    Lol, not true. Even his project with alchemist was just ok. I was expecting more honestly. But this Bugsy album reaction is like the Remedy album reaction. Ya'll just want to hear anything "close" to Wu-elements or Wu rapping together again on songs so ya'll overrate it. This is an average project. Some good and some bad tracks. The remedy album had generic underground beats all over it but since he had the clan and other killa beez splattered over the project it was hailed as one of the best albums in awhile...stop lol
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Peace CT

Yeah that Alc album was disappointing. And is Rome Streetz the best in the game right now? He’s clearly a top 3 MC right now. Peace

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Rome Streetz Kiss the Ring and Pusha T It's almost Dry are my two favorite albums this year. There are a couple of others I had in rotation such as Willie the Kid, Mayhem Lauren, Future, Westside Gunn, Roc Marciano Bodly James and a few others but those are probably my top 2 for this year.
    I was with you until Future lol

You think you went into listening to the Bugsy album a bit close-minded/with your mind made up already? I'm usually a pretty tough critic, but aside from 3 skips (songs that I think are actually pretty lame actually), I feel like the album is full of tracks that could have been the best track taken off a Wu release....Rhyme Acrobatics for example sounds like it could have been a general album posse cut (historically these are usually my favorite tracks for one reason or another).

Bugsy is an ok emcee. Not the illest, but I'd say he's far from wack. Not sure why specifically you don't like it...but if you can't find a handful of dope beats on this project at least, you're tripping imo

bugsy never loses. shoutouts to my dude.