Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Official Rare Wu Track Request Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    Not really rare but is there a good quality version of Onyx - Evil Streets remix that has Method Man on it? I've only ever heard/downloaded vinyl rips of that song and it doesn't sound good enough to through on mixtapes
    Here's the demo version I was talking about: https://mega.nz/file/WMdTTTzT#IR1zAh...vS6WlHiR2NgUfM

Veteran Member

Dope thank you! It sounds like some of the verses were rerecorded too

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    I have a proper rip of the Achozen project... I'll upload it when I can

edit: https://file.io/mOwp7vxiWvsx
    Deleted it says

Quote Originally Posted by brainghost View Post
    Nice thread! Speaking of Boombotix, I've been searching all around for a recording of the ODB speaker playing the original version of "Obey Me" (since the speakers has no outs) with no luck. I even wrote to all sellers of the speaker on eBay asking if I could buy a recording. I should've bought it back when it was $20 but I was young and broke...

Iirc what's on the Wu speaker is only available snippet of Big Horn, and a full alternate version of some ABT track but I can't remember which!

Other stuff I'm looking for is a wav rip of the Rainy Dayz Remix from the cds and a wav rip of Dirty & Stinken 1993 Demo from Wu Fam Exclusive Cuts.

Might be able to help out some as well, speaking of the Evil Streets Remix I can upload the demo version later today (with a different Sonny Seza verse and some other differences)
    Ow shit that's right, there is only remixes on Youtube of that track, Obey Me.

Theoretically, an engineer should be able to open up the speaker, find the output, and mod it so it would could be recorded. Or mod it so you have access to the storage on the speaker, and directly rip the tracks off.

edit:

https://youtu.be/b3Z83tkf4pY

Looks like the music is just stored on a microSD card. That should be easy to get to. Unless it is formatted weird or stored in some weird format. In that case someone should just mod an 3,5 mm jack on it to use as output.
    Last edited by Jet Set; 11-07-2022 at 10:47 AM. Reason: added video
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Shaolin Student

Here's 2 versions of the "Rainy Dayz (Remix)". 1 is from the cd single (#4), 1 is from "Bring Da Ruckus: A Loud Story" (#2).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/a8mvl...%2529.wav/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/yzasl...%2529.wav/file

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    Deleted it says

https://www.mediafire.com/file/n359p...7-wtcf.7z/file

thanks

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    Ow shit that's right, there is only remixes on Youtube of that track, Obey Me.

Theoretically, an engineer should be able to open up the speaker, find the output, and mod it so it would could be recorded. Or mod it so you have access to the storage on the speaker, and directly rip the tracks off.

edit:

Looks like the music is just stored on a microSD card. That should be easy to get to. Unless it is formatted weird or stored in some weird format. In that case someone should just mod an 3,5 mm jack on it to use as output.
    im an electrical engineer. Youre right it could be done but not without some tinkering. I dont have one or id trybit myself. But ive fried xboxes and ps2s in the modding process so i wouldnt say im best with the soldering iron but ill look into it and see if possible.

i just hope its ACTUALLY on the machine. Cuz big horn b is just a snippet on that boombotix, i could see this one being screwed up too

atleast we got this remix for now. Does anyone have the boombotix?

Quote Originally Posted by ta12113 View Post
    Here's 2 versions of the "Rainy Dayz (Remix)". 1 is from the cd single (#4), 1 is from "Bring Da Ruckus: A Loud Story" (#2).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/a8mvl...%2529.wav/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/yzasl...%2529.wav/file
    Thank you very much my friend, very appreciated!!

im an electrical engineer. Youre right it could be done but not without some tinkering. I dont have one or id trybit myself. But ive fried xboxes and ps2s in the modding process so i wouldnt say im best with the soldering iron but ill look into it and see if possible.

i just hope its ACTUALLY on the machine. Cuz big horn b is just a snippet on that boombotix, i could see this one being screwed up too

atleast we got this remix for now. Does anyone have the boombotix?

I've asked for an audio recording many times on here ever since the speaker got released without luck so I doubt any active member has one tbh.. There are many sellers on eBay though but they're far from cheap these days!

I never really liked that remix, or maybe I've just been too bothered with not having the original version to enjoy it lol

Theoretically, there are a few possibilities for storing such content:
    1. Online accesible via App or in the App
    2. Hardwired storage in the board of the device
    3. external storage device connected to board of device.

The first option would make the playing of said content completely dependable on an internet connection. Don't think they would do that. The second option here, via the App would seem plausible, but would make it all a bit difficult to manager with updates maybe. Also, you would lock the content out maybe with updates. Bluetooth works best when it is simple. Cracking the app would be the option here both for online and offline storing.
    The second option seems kind of expensive for the device. If you want local storage on the board itself, that would mean you would have to get some kind of special board and put it on that. Boombotix do not seem like the kind of audio company that would run with that.
    After saying all that, the third option seems the most plausible. Also because of the video that takes apart the speaker. The board of the speaker is outfitted with a slot for an external storage device which can be salvaged. The question than remains, is it readable?

Crazy idea. But we could always crowdfund the buying of one of those speakers so someone could take it apart. . .

Were these things actually released outside of the US? Because on ebay I only see US sellers.
    Last edited by Jet Set; 11-09-2022 at 03:14 AM.

Theoretically, there are a few possibilities for storing such content:
    1. Online accesible via App or in the App
    2. Hardwired storage in the board of the device
    3. external storage device connected to board of device.

The first option would make the playing of said content completely dependable on an internet connection. Don't think they would do that. The second option here, via the App would seem plausible, but would make it all a bit difficult to manager with updates maybe. Also, you would lock the content out maybe with updates. Bluetooth works best when it is simple. Cracking the app would be the option here both for online and offline storing.
    The second option seems kind of expensive for the device. If you want local storage on the board itself, that would mean you would have to get some kind of special board and put it on that. Boombotix do not seem like the kind of audio company that would run with that.
    After saying all that, the third option seems the most plausible. Also because of the video that takes apart the speaker. The board of the speaker is outfitted with a slot for an external storage device which can be salvaged. The question than remains, is it readable?

Crazy idea. But we could always crowdfund the buying of one of those speakers so someone could take it apart. . .

Were these things actually released outside of the US? Because on ebay I only see US sellers.
    Interesting, I'm not too technical but I've wondering what kind of storage it has. And that's a good idea with the crowdfunding!

It was only released in the US, I wanted to grab one back then because iirc they were only like $20 but the shipping to Europe was too expensive for me at the time unfortunately..

Hopefully crowdfunding just 80-200 dollars would work, unlike OUATIS. hahaha

Besides that, there is a total of 4 speakers now:

1. A Better Tomorrow SP (2014)
      Limited run of 3,000 units
      Big Horn track is supposed to fade out after a minute according to reports. Boombotix was planning to fix this. (I guess it is easy to just ignore 3,000 customers.)
      1. Ruckus In B Minor 4:09
      2. Ron O Neal 4:27
      3. Mistaken Identity 5:53
      4. Keep Watch 4:17
      5. Never Let Go 4:51
      6. Mistaken Identity Instrumental 5:53
      7. Never Let Go Instrumental 4:47
      8. Big Horn (Exclusive Track) 4:09

2. A Better Tomorrow Special Play v.2 (2015)
      Limited run of 1,000 units.
      These are actually quite cool. Some of the tracks are different mixes than the normal release. I think some like 'Never let go' are live instrument studio demos or something(you can hear count-ins and drum sticks etc.), The order of the verses are different on Track one. Ill confirm later, its been a minute since I listed to it. But aside from all of that the speaker bumps pretty good for portable unit.
      1. Ruckus In B Minor 4:09
      2. Ron O Neal 4:27
      3. Mistaken Identity 5:53
      4. Keep Watch 4:17
      5. Never Let Go 4:51
      6. Mistaken Identity Instrumental 5:53
      7. Never Let Go Instrumental 4:47
      8. We Will Fight (Exclusive Track) 4:09

3. Achozen (2015)
      The Boombotix Boombot Pro containing the album. It contains 2GB of embedded memory (8 selected tracks in lossless quality) and can connect wirelessly to music storage devices via Bluetooth.
      1. Knowledge (Short Version)
      2. That's The Zone 3:55
      3. White Pony 4:20
      4. Secure 3:50
      5. Fabricated Lies 3:40
      6. Soul Trigga' 4:27
      7. Salute Sacrifice 4:46
      8. Toggle Switch 5:22

4. Ol Dirty' Bastard (2015)
      “Ol’ Dirty never made mainstream decisions,” said RZA, creator of Wu-Tang Clan and Head Abbot of Product and Content Development at Boombotix. “This project is not only a unique way to market new music and get people talking about their personal experiences with tunes, but it exemplifies the type of originality that he would have wanted from his own releases. I think he’d be proud to know his legacy lives on.”
      (LMAO RZA, how does his legacy live one when noone can hear about it?)
      The producer [RZA] has released a previously unheard ODB cut titled ‘Obey Me’ produced by RZA and Buddah Monk in 1994. The track was rediscovered five years ago while RZA was sifting through files.
      1. Obey Me
      2. Shash’U Remix
      3. High Klassified remix

here's what i'm looking for .. .wav format
    ODB SUSSUDIO
    SHYHEIM SHAOLIN STYLE REMIX
    SUNZ OF MAN BLOODY CHOICES
    KILLARMY COOKOUT LP
    INSPECTAH DECK SETTLEMENT
    INSPECTAH DECK NIGHTSHIFT
    ODB COOLIO THE PARK
    WTC THUG WORLD
    KILLARMY WHICH WAY YOU GOING
    PRODIGAL SUNN GRINDZ THE BLOCK
    GHOSTFACE CAPPADONNA ODD COUPLE
    GHOSTFACE WISE ORIGINAL
    GHOSTFACE FLOWERS ORIGINAL
    ODB ASON UNIQUE
    GRAVEDIGGAZ MOMMY WHATS A GRAVEDIGGA RZA REMIX
    GRAVEDIGGAZ FREAK THE SORCERESS
    NTYCE ROOT BEER FLOAT HUSH HUSH TIP
    WU SYNDICATE BUST A SLUG REMIX
    WU TANG SHAME ON A NUH
    SHABAZZ CRIME SAGA DEATH BE THE PENALTY

METHOD MAN RELEASE YO DELF CLEAN VERSION
    PRODIGAL SUNN PHYSICAL FEATURES
    CAPPADONNA U GOD PARK HILL PART 2
    SHYHEIM WIN
    BLACK KNIGHTS KILLA CAL LIFESTYLE
    RZA CHAMBER OF FEAR
    60 SECOND ASSASSIN I CANT BELIEVE
    NAISHA MMO STOP
    RZA KILLA BEES TILL YA DIE
    BIG BOI ROYAL FLUSH RAEKWON
    QUIDON SHYHEIM
    SHYHEIM DJ QUIK
    VICIOUS SHYHEIM
    GHOSTFACE CAMAY CD SINGLE VERSION
    SHYHEIM CO DEFENDANT CD SINGLE VERSION
    WU TANG SECOND COMING CD SINGLE VERSION
    DAVINA LA THE DARKMAN ODB SO GOOD
    GRAVEDIGGAZ REINCARNATION OF FREUD
    DJ TOMEKK GZA P SUNN ICH LIEB HIP HOP
    KRS TEKITHA SURVIVIN
    GEORGES CLINTON HEAVEN FEAT RZA TASH MAHOGANY
    LA CLIQUA WORLDWIDE SHYHEIM
    SHAQUILLE O NEAL TRIGGA FLY LIKE AN EAGLE
    SHYHEIM ONE FOR DA MONEY MAD DOLLARZ
    GZA LABELS RZA REMIX
    PARK HILL 91 PISE RAEKWON OL KAINRY
    METHOD MAN ONYX EVIL STREET RMX
    SWAY AND TECH RZA
    SHYHEIM IMMATURE LOVERS GROOVE RMX
    U GOD SUPA NIGGA WILDSTYLE SUPAFREAK FREESTYLE 1 AND 2
    VICIOUS LIFE OF A SHORTIE FEAT SHYHEIM
    lord jamar feat prodigal sunn and young wu tang

Hopefully crowdfunding just 80-200 dollars would work, unlike OUATIS. hahaha
    Lol yep this is actually possible, count me in! On eBay they go for a bit over that though, I did find it for $55 (for one speaker or all of them is unclear but great price regardless) in San Francisco but I'm not familiar with the site and it's listed as a bike lol. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bik...547860877.html

The seller left his number though so could be worth checking out! Anybody in San Fran on here?

We should make a new thread about crowdfunding it, I just have some thought first! First off I don't know about y'all but personally I'm mostly interested in funding the ODB tracks, what about you? Also we need to look at the best one to purchase but maybe the location of the new owner is relevant when making that decision

1. Who's gonna collect the money and make the purchase?
    2. How are we gonna crowdfund it, make a list of every contribution and then when the goal is reached send the money through PayPal as friends or is there a better option?
    3. Who's gonna try to "rip" the tracks from the speaker? An engineer, first making an audio recording of the speaker playing the tracks with a mic or phone before taking it apart if it gets damaged, then trying to get ahold of the files. Preferably the one who makes the purchase, if possible.

Do you believe your able to get ahold of the files from the speaker seeing the video Jet Set posted?

If so would you be down to try, and maybe make the purchase if we all together can crowdfund the money for you to do it?

Does RZA still do Wu wednesdays? Maybe we should petition him to release Big Horn.

It would be great if they dropped an album of unreleased stuff.