Thread: Can anyone recall "Take It Back To Brooklyn" being played on the radio?

Default Can anyone recall "Take It Back To Brooklyn" being played on the radio?

This song really is something special, I've recently realized that there's 3 versions of it - none which is available in HQ or without tags.. I'm currently trying gather and untag rare demos for a compilation so I'm trying to get every source of this song in the best quality possible, it's going great but I've found out that "Version 2" was played on the radio a few times so I'm trying to figure out where and when (to grab the best rips available)!

There's 3 radio appearances that I know of, as you can see in my breakdown below one of them is Stretch & Bobbito September 29th 1994 and that one I got a good rip of already. The other 2 radio appearances are these:

https://mega.nz/file/HQdV2aJY#mn2KXn...0x-HjUimX-d3eI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfrS...ture=emb_title

Both have the curses bleeped out and the rip in the video has the tag "a world premiere". Can anyone recall either one of these appearances, and maybe hook up the OG file of the video?

Any help is very appreciated, thanks a lot in advance!

"Take It Back To Brooklyn"

Version 1 (recorded in '91 at Easy Mo Bee's house)
    Appeared on "Iron Flag Sampler Hosted By Mr Cee", "In Memory Of... Volume III", "Demo Cuts" (sourced from "In Memory Of... Volume III", the tagged parts are cut out so it skips) and "You Call That Digging?" (sourced from "Demo Cuts", which is sourced from "In Memory Of... Volume III", the irony of the mixtape title lol)

Version 2
    Appeared on "That Mister Cee Shit 5", it was also played on Stretch & Bobbito September 29th 1994 and there's another radio rip (from unkown show) available as well

Version 3
    Appeared on "In Memory Of Vol. 3.2", "Return Of the Swarm 2", "Return Of the Swarm 9" and "Wordplay Master 1"

PRODIGAL SUN

I have a version from mr cees iron flag mixtape that seems pretty full as far as 2 odb verses with no skips. Sounds clean too. Cee aint screaming over it. Will upload later if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    I have a version from mr cees iron flag mixtape that seems pretty full as far as 2 odb verses with no skips. Sounds clean too. Cee aint screaming over it. Will upload later if you want.
    Thanks a lot man but I have that already! That's the best source of that version available for sure

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by brainghost View Post
    Thanks a lot man but I have that already! That's the best source of that version available for sure
    duh lol. Sped read didnt see that. Good to know i got the good version.

Veteran Member

I actually recently downloaded a stretch and bobbito mp3 set that has the version they played on the radio... Not sure how the quality compares to the one you have but I can share if needed

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    duh lol. Sped read didnt see that. Good to know i got the good version.
    Sorry but I think I spoke too soon, when mixing the other source of that version (In Memory Of... Volume III) I think I might prefer that one actually! They're good/bad in different ways, while the bass and beat overall sounds fuller on the Iron Flag Sampler version, the vocals are very distorted.. I'm editing and detagging the one from In Memory Of... Volume III for my compilation though so you'll have 'em both soon!

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    I actually recently downloaded a stretch and bobbito mp3 set that has the version they played on the radio... Not sure how the quality compares to the one you have but I can share if needed
    Sure man I can compare 'em and see if it's better, thanks a lot! Here's where I got my S&B rip from: https://hiphop-thegoldenera.blogspot...o-show_22.html

No luck finding where the rip in the video comes from or the original file yet, but I got some info that may be helpful:

Quote Originally Posted by Notorous View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that it's from Pete Rock / Marley Marl's HOT 97 show Future Flavas or even Pirate Radio on 105.9 WNWK - I think I've come across that specific drop ("a world premiere") a few times on different shows but I've heard it most frequently on those ones. there's plenty of their shows floating around online and i'm almost certain its hiding in plain sight in one of those.