Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How stupid was the narrative wu fell off after forever? (HAPPY THANKSGIVING)

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Sting was extraordinary disappointing coming after Swarm:Volume One and Ghost Dogay Of The Samurai soundtrack..
    Last edited by David Daniel Davis; 12-02-2022 at 01:49 AM.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Kutman View Post
    The music wasn't as strong as pre-98

thats not even true

supreme could be the best album of all

raekwon in 98

wu tang cream team lineup
    rap life w. Tash
    Skew it on the barb w outkast
    john blaze w joe pun nas jadakiss
    frozen w slick rick
    black trump with smif n wessun
    its not a game wit cream team and rza
    cuttin it up with cream team ghost killa sin
    Spring water w LAD
    Lets make a toast w easy mo bee busta roc marci n chip
    Blue diamond from blue streak soundtrack
    the game prod by oete rock ft p and ghost
    The heist w busta ghost and roc marci
    giant size w creamteam
    brown poer bag thoughts w dj clue
    dem want war w funk flex
    Tony touch promo
    Future flavas promo prod by pete rock
    street mic mechanic for dj kay slay
    vampire bata for kay slay
    determination from gran turismo 3 ost
    ghetto prod by kanye for the madd rapper
    AND

RESPECR mutha fuckin POWER on white boys sohndtrack

in 16 months. Rae did all THAT + immobilarity.

casablanca
    yaeyo
    100 rounds
    live from ny
    real life
    jury
    friday
    my favorite dread
    sneakers
    the table

are all fire. 10 tracks of fire with 20+ more > raes 95

ywa i just said that.

but instead rae chased a bag. He coukda went down a goat imo if he kept just a QUATER of these for himself. Instead he took ost checks, traded songs with pete, used all his big producer joints on ither peoples albums.

meth did the same thing. He coulr have easily had a wu classic and a ericksermon/rockwilder classic had he kept more material for himself.

dont get me started on dirty being his most crazy and accessible. His album plays like a fine wine today. And ghost dog was THE BEST rza EVER was. Period.

the pillage is so underrated its disgusting.

so i wholeHEARTEDLY disagree.

Forever - 98/99/00 was a MONSTER years for wutang.

killarmy
    gravediggaz
    cappadonna
    killahpriest
    la the darkman
    Tical 2
    bib digi

raekwons run
    Dirtys album
    ghost dog
    gzas second

suoreme clientele
    the w

thats 13 albums of fucking great material and i left MAAAAAD shit out.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    I agree with this. I even made a thread about this a long time ago. 98-02 the clan were lyrically better than they were in the golden era. Only thing missing was the "group" feeling. They were still dropping bangers at the time excluding Immobalarity, Nigga Please, Uncontrolled Substance & Redemption. Everything else was bangers and they were rhyming better than ever. Rae was killing everything he was on, Ghost brought them back with SC, it's a shame what happened to the Original BW album Ghost would've had the game in a chokehold. T-2000 was a banger minus the 20 skits lol. Bobby Digital album was nice. Beneath the Surface banger. 98-99 was also the year of the Killa Beez: Priest, Killarmy, sunz of man, swarm vol 1, La the darkman..etc so many good albums dropped. But the landscape of hip hop was changing so I can see why other people moved on somewhat. I don't think Wu really fell off until after the dropped the Sting...03-08 were bad years for the Wu thats when I really think they fell off...
    totally agree on all points. 03 was truly the worst year. Now the THIRD ALBUMS… Minus ghost, rza, gza to a degree… mastas 1st of course. Those were cool. But rae and meth totally dropped the ball.

but its like they dropped the ball chasing shit because people said they fell off on their seconds when they were actually incredibly good in the general consensus of what good hip hop was. Its like sobthey went even deeper off the edge and lost more. Meth never recovered fully which is why he acting. Rae did. Both in great shaoe today because of those years tho.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Well RZA could say theres 10 unreleased Clan albums. If you haven't heard them, what difference does it make?
    In a sense you have a point, but people have actually heard this double album. It does for in fact exist. Now only a few people have heard it, and not everybody. That does not take away from the fact does it does exist. Plus, the album will be there in 88 years if it does not get lost to time. CD's are not known to last for ever.

The 10 albums, RZA could claim it, but I have a hard time believing he would be having 10 unreleased Clan albums. Though I do wonder what he has in his vaults.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Too bad we are all going to be dead by the time it can finally be released with no strings attached.

I believe a life extending drug will be invented in our lifetime. We will be listening to it via our mind computers in our flying cars in 2122.

I barely listen to tracks after '97 but it's not a matter of Wu falling off (I don't think they did), I just prefer their early-mid 90s Hip-Hop sound and I feel the same about 9/10 artists.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I believe a life extending drug will be invented in our lifetime. We will be listening to it via our mind computers in our flying cars in 2122.
    I can confirm this.

Quote Originally Posted by brainghost View Post
    I barely listen to tracks after '97 but it's not a matter of Wu falling off (I don't think they did), I just prefer their early-mid 90s Hip-Hop sound and I feel the same about 9/10 artists.
    I can confirm this.
    Is it connected to crispr and lobsters or axolotls? Because the former pretty much does not die from old age, and the latter is able to regrow parts of its body.

Anyway, regarding OUATIS, do not forget that the DOA was looking into options in bringing this to the public. So you may not have to wait another 80 years.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Sting was extraordinary disappointing coming after Swarm:Volume One Ghost Dogay Of The Samurai soundtrack..
    There were some absolute bangers on it though