Thread: ⛧PEOPLE SAID HIS BRAIN WAS INFECTED BY DEVILS⛧

Default ⛧PEOPLE SAID HIS BRAIN WAS INFECTED BY DEVILS⛧

yesh, but its a compilation of different parts of several lone wolf and cub movies i believe

Shaolin Student

It's a classic. Basically they took the first 2 parts of a 6 part series (Lone Wolf And Cub), edited them together, created a whole new synth-based soundtrack, and did all original dubbing. If you like the genre then it's a can't miss.
    Last edited by ta12113; 12-06-2022 at 11:11 PM.

Veteran Member

If I were going to watch any of these movies, would this be the one to watch? They used to do kung-fu theatre on tv when I was a kid and I used to watch it sometimes, but I don't recall anything specific or which ones I've actually seen (so for all intents and purposes, I've never seen any kung-fu flicks lol)

Shaolin Student

Yes this would be the one. The series is good too, but just a different vibe, and a lot more drawn out. Plus this one has the classic soundtrack and the dubbing. Commentary is really interesting too, if the bluray still has it included. Lot's to be learned from listening to those commentaries.

Great film. I know its an edit, but I don't really want to see the OGs because of what a perfect pulpy film it is. Theres no wasted time.

Quote Originally Posted by ta12113 View Post
    It's a classic. Basically they took the first 2 parts of a 6 part series (Lone Wolf And Cub), edited them together, created a whole new synth-based soundtrack, and did all original dubbing. If you like the genre then it's a can't miss.
    The Sogun Assassin film is a nice watch. b-film that would do well during the winter. No I have not yet watched the single parts. But if you just want to see where the sample came from, I would recommend watching Shogun Assassin. If you are really into films, than you can hunt down the Lone Wolf and Cub films and watch those. Otherwise you are safe with Shogun.

Wanted to compare it to the Celestial remasters of Shaw Bros. films that did not include English dubbing. Even though it all looks great, it just hits different. But most of the the time the film is still the same, save for some storyline bits that got lost in dubbing.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Veteran Member

Good feedback...I will sit down and watch it