Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ghostface Killah Christmas & Stem Player Appreciation Thread

Veteran Member

No one:
    Ringz: sells one album for a million dollars that we'll never hear, and then asks for illegal album download links. LMAO

Just kidding...kind of. Hope you have a great holiday though man 😀

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

The irony isn't lost on me but I'm actually asking out of interest how long the experiment of retaining value held before the leak killed it.

And who says you'll never hear OUATIS? You just never know

I feel like the people who would buy an item like this wouldn't be bothered if it leaked, they'd still buy it. I could be wrong though.

I'll give it a listen when it shows up on youtube.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    And who says you'll never hear OUATIS? You just never know
    Not holding my breath bro. Don't get me wrong... I'd love to hear it and based on the snippets I have heard, it sounds great. But I've already written it off. If the opportunity ever comes up, it will be a pleasant surprise.

And I doubt many people are dropping 50.00 on a Ghostface Christmas EP. I'm assuming it killed itself before anything leaked

If Ghostface had just dropped SC or Fishscale and then tried to drop an ep like this more people would be willing to buy it. What has he put out recently thats been universally loved??For him to drop this now makes no sense and to charge $50!!. If he was putting out unreleased music from the late 90's or early 2000's than yeah ill pay $50 for that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    Not holding my breath bro. Don't get me wrong... I'd love to hear it and based on the snippets I have heard, it sounds great. But I've already written it off. If the opportunity ever comes up, it will be a pleasant surprise.

And I doubt many people are dropping 50.00 on a Ghostface Christmas EP. I'm assuming it killed itself before anything leaked
    Keep the faith bro... faith is everything... everything is everything, reality and keep your mind on everything, cause everything you see ain't reality, it's just illusions.. word

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Every Ghostface post on IG is some product he's attached his name to, coffee, pop up shops etc. I think dudes realise they can't make money off music alone any more, and likely don't wanna be on the road touring for the rest of their days, so are looking at other avenues I guess. The price of this and that stupid Wu dome thing are cold retarded though.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    OUATIS done fucked things up huh? Is there a link to this album?
    Got you. DM

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ta12113 View Post
    I've been checking out some albums that I've overlooked through the years. I used to listen to everything, but that stopped around 07 or so. Anyway, much to my surprise, some of the albums that I've overlooked, and that seem to get hated on or overlooked by others, I've found to be pretty good, sometimes even very good. Now granted these aren't necessarily "new" albums, but in my view they are fairly "recent".

U-God - Venom - 2018 - I think overall this is his best album. The beats suit him, he spits with a hunger, and he has a few good guests. Very good album overall.

Raewon - F.I.L.A. - 2015 - I guess I couldn't get over the cover, but I finally gave it a shot, and I appreciate the approach behind this album. Rae took a pop style approach, but I respect that he did it in his own way. Yes the beats are big and flashy, for the most part. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. In fact some of the beats I really dig (such as F.I.L.A. World). And there are still a few raw tracks on there to give it an edge. And the features are different for a Rae album, but in the context of this album I think they mostly worked. Rae simplified things a little, but still spit with his own style. Overall a different, but very respectable album.

Inspectah Deck - Manifesto - 2010 (Ok, this on is getting a little old) - I remember all the hate that I read when this album dropped. Sad to say that I never listed to it. Well overall I think this is probably his best solo album. The beats might not necessarily all sound like "Wu-Tang" beats, but they suit Deck just fine. And of course Deck spits it like he usually does. Highly underrated album.

Banks & Steelz - Anything But Words - 2016 - Is it different? Yes. Is it the best ever? No. But is it a creative, fun album? Why yes it is. This album feels like Rza and Banks were just messing around, having fun, putting together different beats and sounds, and making music. It's not going to change the game, but there are some really nice ideas in this album. Definitely a one-off type of project, but I gotta give Rza for going all-in on this project. If I want to listen to the old Rza I'll throw in Birth Of A Prince (best of his solo albums for the whip, the other Digital albums just don't hit as well). If I want to rock out, but with a strange hip-hop/electro vibe, then this ain't that bad of a choice.

My point is that the Wu still seem capable of making quality music. And I overlooked a lot of it because I was always wanting them to make music just like their original classics. But now that I've given some of their more recent work a chance (stuff from the last 10 years or so), I've found myself pleasantly surprised.
    I didn't share your mindset, I was always giving the projects around that time a chance especially since Raekwon brought the clan back with CL2. I agree with you on the Manifesto. Doesn't sound anything remotely Wu and the beats were just good enough but for some reason the album flowed very well and was cohesive. I had this in rotation for a good 2-3 months when it dropped. Deck rhymes weren't "bomb atomically" level but they were pretty solid. I think the breaking point with me was "A Better Tomorrow". After that album I just lost hope and said fuck it. If they end up dropping something good I'll check it out but everything is not that great these days. Plus these guys are in their 50's now, the level of expectations are still too high.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    Every Ghostface post on IG is some product he's attached his name to, coffee, pop up shops etc. I think dudes realise they can't make money off music alone any more, and likely don't wanna be on the road touring for the rest of their days, so are looking at other avenues I guess. The price of this and that stupid Wu dome thing are cold retarded though.
    The sad part is, they shouldn't be touring anymore. Any Wu shows need to be just out of demand and not because they still have to. Look at Roc Marci, he does like 4-5 shows a year and then goes back into his hideout until the next time he drops something. Wu is on tour constantly like they need to pay bills, at 50. It's not a good look honestly.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

The hunger to create good music is just not there for the clan anymore. I get it, as that's for most hip hop artists that have been in the game for 30+ years....but then you look at Nas, and he's dropped 4 straight banging albums with Hit Boy. Maybe that's why he's the Golden Child of Hip Hop, but still, he puts his music on streaming platforms and is on his independent label. He's not doing monster numbers, but he's still extremely relevant.

As it concerns to Ghost, this was a Christmas EP and he's trying to get big bucks off of vinyls and stream downloads.....I could see if it was a project he was working on for years like Supreme Clientele 2, but that's not the case. I most definitely would have paid $50 to hear OUATIS, as long as I could have kept the tracks from the download stream.

I've lost hope for future clan work tbh. I'd say I'm upset, but there's still been several great hip hop albums dropping every yr that fans can look forward to. JID, Curry, Gibbs, Nas, Westside Gunn, Benny, Pusha, Black Thought, Cormega, Marciano, Mayhem Lauren, Boldy James, etc etc all dropped banging albums in 2022. I no longer need to anticipate a clan member album drop in 2023. I will say that I'd be disappointed if Meth doesn't drop an official LP next year, as his feature verses have been fire. He sounds rejuvenated. Let Westside Gunn or Alchemist run the production side of things for a Meth album in 2023 and it's going to be a banger....

Pce
    Last edited by corky831; 12-27-2022 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Spelling errors
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

nada ignorante

Everything coming out from the Wu camp been lackluster... Czarface albums are the only exception. I have to agree with Corky
    N.I.

Not even feeling like listening to it.