Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ghostface Killah Christmas & Stem Player Appreciation Thread

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trinking View Post
    Got you. DM
    Thanks bruv.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Honest question, asking for research purposes, what do you think makes the difference to wanting to pay $1100 for a limited Mach Homey album, or a special edition Griselda release, but not for a Ghostface album. Also, would you feel different if for example it was a Ghostface & Raekwon EP solely produced by Wu-Element producers.

Let me know.
    Just wrote a reply that got lost stating that we are dealing with a Chirstmas EP that lacks story, packaging and presentation. Plus, the pricing is weird and lacks info. What format do we get the digital copy in? Why would I want an vinyl version if it is being delivered in the middle of the fucking summer? And why always the gimmicky names for the vinyl? You even want me to buy two if I have a preference for the color?

Griselda knows who they work with, like with Patta. And are pretty consistent in the quality of their output. So that would make if a much more sure bet. The outlet and everything would need to be added though.

Mach-Hommy I am sadly not yet familiar with. But sounds like an underground artist carving out his own niche and supporting his following honestly. (Like someone said on here, Ghost just seems to do promo's online.)

A RAGU EP with Wu-Elements would be different because we have Rae & Ghost, still a bit or a rarity. We have them on Elements, also a bit of rarity. This could work, because we know they bring out the best in each other. And the elements together have proven to work thanks to PR and Bugsy. Now in order for it to work, this would need some hype, so the bar is up. It would need a story, it would need proper packaging and pricing. Not like this christmas EP. (Everyone I show it asks if this is real. I wonder if there was even a budget for it or if they forgot.) So work with Danny Hastings again for example or Jonathan Mannion. Ilja would probably also love to do it for you, hehe. But you get the idea.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Keep the faith bro... faith is everything... everything is everything, reality and keep your mind on everything, cause everything you see ain't reality, it's just illusions.. word
    Co-sign this.

What's up with the DAO anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by portis24 View Post
    If Ghostface had just dropped SC or Fishscale and then tried to drop an ep like this more people would be willing to buy it. What has he put out recently thats been universally loved??For him to drop this now makes no sense and to charge $50!!. If he was putting out unreleased music from the late 90's or early 2000's than yeah ill pay $50 for that easy.
    This was also a point I made in my lost reply. Last two times was Lost Tapes knock off and Ghostface Killah. Both sounded uninspired to me. And I doubt many people even know about those releases outside of wu-fans. Even the 25th anniversary of Ironman was just meh. Just the remix of one single on there? There must be loads more to share. Like the Tekitha version of All That I Got instead of this, or the usual instrumentals.

By the way, does anybody know who owns the masters to Ironman, Supreme, BPW? Did he really had such a bad deal that he needs to continue touring & all these side hustles to make up for that? I'd almost advise him to take a few steps back and become the Ghostface again, and get some more peace and reflections.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

^Need to give it a proper listen but I don't think any of those tracks are worth over $8 :/

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Track 3 goes hard

nada ignorante

The first track is Ghost trying to be a mumble rapper lmao.... what in the fuck ?
    N.I.

Peace CT

That’s $8.33 worth of a mumble track. Peace

Eastern village

Now he sells it for a 36% discount. Saw it on instagram.

The 36 thing has become so corny. 36 this, 36 that ...

So tired of that gimmick. I'd have thought the generals themselves would have tired of it too by now but nah
    Retired.

Listened to it. Kinda pathetic to talk about the same, dumb ghetto shit in your 50's as you did in your 20's. I expected some growth from Ghost. Only Supreme Clientele 2 can redeem him now.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Scram Jones been dropping nothing but fire for the last two and a half years, somebody from Wu needs to link up for a full album.
    Would love a full album from these two. J Hood and Shyheim are doing a full album together.

Peace CT

Agree with Kutman 100 percent. Like I get it, if u r on a Griselda track then that’s the type of rhymes we will get from Ghost. But he still talks/dresses/acts/rhymes like a 23 year old most of the time. Do we see this from like Nas? Nah not even close, that’s y Ghost is selling hot chocolate. Peace

It's because he's only still rapping for the sake of it. Of course he's not gonna have anything interesting to rap about.

Some of these guys should take a leaf from Gza. He clearly lost interest in rapping, so he stopped putting music out. I'm sure if we ever get Dark Matter it'll be because he actually found inspiration to work on it.