Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AI Thread - The End Of Civilization As We Know It

Yup. My English tutor friend lost his job because his students were using the program for their essays and homework. And some dipshit wrote an entire novel and got a huge book deal without doing any work of his own. Ban that shit immediately before it gets worse

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    Yup. My English tutor friend lost his job because his students were using the program for their essays and homework. And some dipshit wrote an entire novel and got a huge book deal without doing any work of his own. Ban that shit immediately before it gets worse
    I can't think of one example where banning a piece of technology has worked. Once its out there, its out there. Like you could ban it, but the information that makes something like this work still exists.

It might be necessary to completely overhaul the school system to account for programs like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    IIt might be necessary to completely overhaul the school system to account for programs like this.
    yesterday in class : some guy had his arm to his elbow in his underwear for like 10 minutes. some girl went over to my desk to photograph the solutions on my desk while I was helping out some kids at the back of the class

we don't need chatgpt, we need flamethrowers and abortions lol
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post
    yesterday in class : some guy had his arm to his elbow in his underwear for like 10 minutes. some girl went over to my desk to photograph the solutions on my desk while I was helping out some kids at the back of the class

we don't need chatgpt, we need flamethrowers and abortions lol
    Lol. You have any students that are likeable and you're rooting for?

How come you let him jerk off for 10 mins?

I don't think he's had any action, ever. So I figure, why not, right?

I do not root for these people, no. lol
    Retired.

You should scare them straight. Unless they get straight As, by the time they finish their education, the only jobs left will be wiping old peoples asses.

They deserve those jobs lol.

Look I love those kids, honestly, but some of them were raised in a basement or dungeon or some such shit. I'm not getting $ to rectify parental stuff.
    Retired.

Lol. You have any students that are likeable and you're rooting for?

How come you let him jerk off for 10 mins?
    In a freak coincidence sunny winters is posting about ice spice and 'methid man' today while only a few hours ago the jerk off kid from the post above was watching Ice Spice ass shaking music vids in class

the kid had been ill (or so he emailed me on Sunday) during the weekend and I had postponed his test. So while the rest of the class is taking a test on proverbs, animals, flowers and trees in German, the kid takes out his Chromebook, goes YouTubing and plays Ice Spice vids.

I tell the kid 'no ass shaking vids in class'. He's in the front row so everyone sees the vids lol. Some other kid in the back of the room gets excited and says 'But Sirrrr that's Ice Spice. Everybody loves Ice Spice!'

says the jerk off kid 'But if I can't watch Ice Spice and everybody is taking a test what am I supposed to dooooooo?'

lol

Not even half an hour later in another class some kid says to me 'You weren't at the school party Friday night. Your hot colleague was there (she's 26) and she was getting her dance on. You should have come and put the moves on her'

lol

savages

I can't pretend I haven't gone in for any tomfoolery over the years. As the guys in N.I. can attest to I've been a very BAD teacher over the years but I cleaned up my act a few years back

now these kids just make me laugh

you never hear the girls talk like that in cladd tho. No, they text you privately lol

ANYWAYS, I believe AI was the topic, right?
    Retired.

in the mid to long run good stuff will come out of this and chatgtp but artistic brilliance will always have the edge
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post
    in the mid to long run good stuff will come out of this and chatgtp but artistic brilliance will always have the edge
    You mean the artistic brilliance of a human?

I don't see it. If it all just boils down to analyzing sound patterns and predicting what people would like to hear? The AI is going to win a lot of the time.

You mean the artistic brilliance of a human?
    yes, the quirkiness of human artistic brilliance

I don't see it. If it all just boils down to analyzing sound patterns and predicting what people would like to hear? The AI is going to win a lot of the time.
    this is what a lot of record companies and some bands are already trying to do *without* AI, and have been doing so for years. Have you liked the outcome so far? yes AI will perfect that stuff

Just like with gpt good bands can you use the putcome as a *basis* for a song I guess

But where is the *emoting* in all of this? Conveying how you feel on a really personal level?
    Retired.

@Sha I was thinking of that dreadful Eminem produced 2Pac album today. If you let AI loose on Pac's catalog it could probably spit out a better album than what Em did

would I want to hear it? mayyybe
    Retired.

Theres some terrible AI music on youtube. I'll post some later.

Maybe you could recreate OUATIS with this lol.

I can see eventually them making an app that creates music specifically for an individual taste. But theres a lot of different things you could use this tech for.