Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AI Thread - The End Of Civilization As We Know It

scary stuff
    Retired.

I've been noticing a Cypto guru > NFT tycoon > ChatGPT is the future pipeline

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    I've been noticing a Cypto guru > NFT tycoon > ChatGPT is the future pipeline
    Why did you not include the Metaverse? Mark is crying right now, and wiping his tears with another billion lost to his investment without legs.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    Why did you not include the Metaverse? Mark is crying right now, and wiping his tears with another billion lost to his investment without legs.
    I don't feel sorry for him. Musk, too.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

lol I feel like even crypto gurus didn't fuck with 'the meta verse'. I was literally just mark rooming around an massive empty e-room as a 3d emoji
    'web 3' has already happened and it's not all these dumb ass gimmicks from people with no imagination and no understanding of human beings.

lol I feel like even crypto gurus didn't fuck with 'the meta verse'. I was literally just mark rooming around an massive empty e-room as a 3d emoji
    'web 3' has already happened and it's not all these dumb ass gimmicks from people with no imagination and no understanding of human beings.
    Nah man. Crypto bros that were pushing for NFT's, were also trying tpo link them to the metaverse after zuck tried to own the word (, after subsequently renaming his company because of the negative association with the word Fb due to cambridge and a genocide in myanmar.) After that, shit popped up like decentraland. Where you would have NFT shit. dont ask me what. Even snoop wanted to baank on the metaverse with nfts. Basically they all thought by implementing NFT's into virtual worlds, an economy would magically appear and creators would flock to earn money, and they would earn more money. Basically the Second Life hype on the back of the blockchain, but without the proper knowledge of virtual world development. As is, let;s just call it game development, as is game development is already as very over burdened cycle. Let alone when you have some hype man thinking they can just implement blockchain in it, without a proper idea of how to make the game/virtual world sustainable in the first place.

And I agree, the dumb gimmicks people keep pushing, and people keep falling for, are not the next step in the evolution of the web. By the way, if somebody has a thorough article making a case why NFT's are a thing to look out for, please share. Same for the metaverse. I am very interested in a proper discourse around why these things should be used and for what. Thus far I have only found articles heavily criticizing them, which is easy, or looking at it from a marketing point of view with no critical reflection. Something that is really lacking in my opinion.

The other day the API for OpenAI got released. Looking forward to how this is going to be implemented by people and corporations.

Nah man. Crypto bros that were pushing for NFT's, were also trying tpo link them to the metaverse after zuck tried to own the word (, after subsequently renaming his company because of the negative association with the word Fb due to cambridge and a genocide in myanmar.) After that, shit popped up like decentraland. Where you would have NFT shit. dont ask me what. Even snoop wanted to baank on the metaverse with nfts. Basically they all thought by implementing NFT's into virtual worlds, an economy would magically appear and creators would flock to earn money, and they would earn more money. Basically the Second Life hype on the back of the blockchain, but without the proper knowledge of virtual world development. As is, let;s just call it game development, as is game development is already as very over burdened cycle. Let alone when you have some hype man thinking they can just implement blockchain in it, without a proper idea of how to make the game/virtual world sustainable in the first place.

And I agree, the dumb gimmicks people keep pushing, and people keep falling for, are not the next step in the evolution of the web. By the way, if somebody has a thorough article making a case why NFT's are a thing to look out for, please share. Same for the metaverse. I am very interested in a proper discourse around why these things should be used and for what. Thus far I have only found articles heavily criticizing them, which is easy, or looking at it from a marketing point of view with no critical reflection. Something that is really lacking in my opinion.

The other day the API for OpenAI got released. Looking forward to how this is going to be implemented by people and corporations.
    I think there's sincere application to all the AI they're rolling out. I have personally used AI 2 twice so far in march lol and eventually this kind of statement will sound like 'I used the Google twice this month'. But a lot of people have a vest interested in convincing ppl they 'know the future' and they're going to overhype the impact AI will have until be becomes a meme. This is exactly how ppl sounded when Siri came out lol (Voice is the future). Now we can see it's just a dumb ass google search. AI is just diversifying the types of siris we can access, but it's the same thing and will have the same impact. The change siri's made in life has been marginal.

I think there's sincere application to all the AI they're rolling out. I have personally used AI 2 twice so far in march lol and eventually this kind of statement will sound like 'I used the Google twice this month'. But a lot of people have a vest interested in convincing ppl they 'know the future' and they're going to overhype the impact AI will have until be becomes a meme. This is exactly how ppl sounded when Siri came out lol (Voice is the future). Now we can see it's just a dumb ass google search. AI is just diversifying the types of siris we can access, but it's the same thing and will have the same impact. The change siri's made in life has been marginal.
    Who actually ever thought siri was going to be 'the future' besides idiots who bought into the hype?

You must be able to see that AI is a whole sweeping concept that can be applied to every facet of human life and can potentially change everything. The 2 things are not remotely comparable. I don't know why you think every new development just ends there, because nothing you've seen in your lifetime supports this idea.

The other important thing to say is that AI generates different ideas to humans much faster. It could lead us in very weird or unexpected directions very fast.

It could be bigger than the impact of democracy, electricity, mass transport, TV, the internet combined. Which is me hyping it up like a goofy meme. But whatever, I think I'll be proved right.

That 'know the future' narrative is so fucking annoying. With NFT's & Crypto these people actually had a vested interest in saying this, because it would automatically increase their wealth. So they keep repeating it, while ignoring or attacking those who ask questions or are critical of the thing they are doing. Often this just lead to techno-utopianism, technology will solve all the problems in the future. Yeah, well, maybe not.

Siri. I have never used it. When I had an iPhone, I just found it annoying. This shit would pop up while I was trying to just listen to music. Also, just think about it. Why would you start talking in public about calling people or doing google searches? People like being silent and private and typing or writing. Those that do want to talk, just call somebody. You do see people more often choosing to send a voice message, instead of a text message. You I almost forgot that this was a thing. Don't forget that Microsoft was trying to push Cortana. Didn't they kill that off in Windows?