Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: AI Thread - The End Of Civilization As We Know It

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Who actually ever thought siri was going to be 'the future' besides idiots who bought into the hype?

You must be able to see that AI is a whole sweeping concept that can be applied to every facet of human life and can potentially change everything. The 2 things are not remotely comparable. I don't know why you think every new development just ends there, because nothing you've seen in your lifetime supports this idea.

The other important thing to say is that AI generates different ideas to humans much faster. It could lead us in very weird or unexpected directions very fast.

It could be bigger than the impact of democracy, electricity, mass transport, TV, the internet combined. Which is me hyping it up like a goofy meme. But whatever, I think I'll be proved right.
    AI not as much generates different ideas, since it is still subject to the prompts of the users. It is not an NPC with an AI going around creating random images or texts. It is all based upon the input of its user. This is where you should start. Because AI gives users the ability to generate content much faster based upon the ideas that the have. The content generated by the AI is also based upon the content that it has already consumed. Sure you can get weird and unexpected returns on your prompts. But nothing completely new, all is basically a deep dive study of a lot of content and existing ideas to generate something based upon the suggestions of the user.

Another question to be asked is if companies will accept this as part of the workflow.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    AI not as much generates different ideas, since it is still subject to the prompts of the users. It is not an NPC with an AI going around creating random images or texts. It is all based upon the input of its user. This is where you should start. Because AI gives users the ability to generate content much faster based upon the ideas that the have. The content generated by the AI is also based upon the content that it has already consumed. Sure you can get weird and unexpected returns on your prompts. But nothing completely new, all is basically a deep dive study of a lot of content and existing ideas to generate something based upon the suggestions of the user.

Another question to be asked is if companies will accept this as part of the workflow.
    You're only describing what some of the current publicly available AI programs do, as if they won't be developed further, or entirely new ones won't come out.

Also if we're just talking about current AI programs, of course (with human help) they come up with new stuff, as new as any purely human work anyway.

The more data these programs can consume, the more they will be able to do, good and bad. Again, this is just the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    That 'know the future' narrative is so fucking annoying. With NFT's & Crypto these people actually had a vested interest in saying this, because it would automatically increase their wealth. So they keep repeating it, while ignoring or attacking those who ask questions or are critical of the thing they are doing. Often this just lead to techno-utopianism, technology will solve all the problems in the future. Yeah, well, maybe not.

Siri. I have never used it. When I had an iPhone, I just found it annoying. This shit would pop up while I was trying to just listen to music. Also, just think about it. Why would you start talking in public about calling people or doing google searches? People like being silent and private and typing or writing. Those that do want to talk, just call somebody. You do see people more often choosing to send a voice message, instead of a text message. You I almost forgot that this was a thing. Don't forget that Microsoft was trying to push Cortana. Didn't they kill that off in Windows?
    After pumping 5 billion into that dumb shit lol.

Internet of Things, Crypto, NFTs, Voice, AR, VR, METAVERSE

Google isn’t the only big tech company investing in new computing platforms. Amazon previously announced the Alexa Fund, providing up to $100 million in investment in voice-powered technology. And Microsoft last month announced plans to invest $5 billion in internet-of-things technology over the next four years.
    https://www.fastcompany.com/40567269...nvestment-plan
    Cortana was going to 'usher in' the IoT revolution.
    I think we reach a point were we 'can' do things, but a lot of the tech companies assume can = must. Must requires demand. Without demand it can work but it was be mass adapted or be 'the future' the way they propose. It will make being on the internet slightly more interesting or slightly easier but this isn't a problem anyone is asking to have solved. Voice prompts are cool but not 5 billion dollars cool.

https://futureoflife.org/open-letter...i-experiments/

asking for a 6 month moratorium on AI development, so new ground rules can be set in the meantime

as signed by Musk, Wozniak & Noah Harari. & Jaan Tallinn (the guy who came up with Skype). I was gonna sign too and then they asked for my honorary achievements and I realized I am a nobody lol. Name : Rev Jones. Honorary achievement : close to 25,000 posts on a dead rap forum.
    Retired.

{>____<}

My job had two "1st Amendment Auditors" roaming around my job. Luckily, they didn't enter the building. All of these 1st amendment auditors have criminal records and are unemployed, and they did, too.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

https://www.theverge.com/2023/4/13/2...one-group-chat

We had a lot of bots lately, but they just post obvious garbage and scam links. They would never pass a Turing test. I wouldn't be surprised if they become very sophisticated within the next few years.

If I didn't tell you this was AI would you know?

Drake might as well just let the robots handle his next album.