Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why the fuck….?? Wu going to release 36 books in a giant steel chamber

Default Why the fuck….?? Wu going to release 36 books in a giant steel chamber

I think this is going to flop.. The Clan just completed a very successful nationwide tour and are not capitalizing on it. They are very popular right now.. from people of all ages.

Make a good album for the fans and release it today, sell deluxe editions w/ fancy cases/etc. not bullshit like this.

The clan/RZA spend too much time on these wacky ideas and weird side projects… see: The new Bobby digital ep’s, ghost ace Christmas albums?? Who the fuck asked for this?

OUATIS in hindsight was an amazing effort to publicize the clan and bring them into the mainstream.. but they still haven’t capitalized on the hype of all of that.

I am a RZA/Clan apologist 9 times out of 10 but i wonder about them right now. The fuck are you guys doing?

https://wutanglegacy.artofpublishing.net/

I'd love to own that.

This feels like a Mook and Rza cash grab collabo.

Peace CT

The Once Upon A Time ship sailed. They got the the Hulu and Showtime stuff off of that possibly. Music wise they been done for awhile I keep saying. I mean they could get back together for one more classic but seems unrealistic at this point.When’s last time u heard a U-God or GZA verse? Only Meth and Deck (see CZARFACE) seem relevant and make good material at this point. Peace

Peace CT

And there’s not much money in music of course. So that’s y all these guys r heavy in merch in recent years. Peace

Raekwon ‐ Scarlet Fever & CL3
    Ghostface ‐ SC2
    Clan album, helmed by Ghost
    Rae & Ghost Griselda project
    RZA ‐ More production for Flatbush Zombies, lol... The Cure
    GZA - Dark Matter
    Deck - Probably more Czarface, The Rebellion
    Method Man & Havoc - Dirty P (this looks like the next one dropping)

These are projects that have been teased, which ones are missing? Anyway, I still have a little hope for some good Wu albums, they still come along from time to time.

The members tend to have a weird gauge of their relationship w/ the public. But this looks like an ordinary book launch, so hope there aren't any weird gimmicks with it but we'll see.

From conception to the present day, this is the story of the undisputed greatest Hip Hop group of all time being unveiled through rare and never before seen photos.
    Sad to see that these photos will largely remain rare and unseen. Nice idea though, but with a price like that you are catering to a certain crowd. 36 unique editions and a normal print would have been nice. Because that is the idea of a coffee table book right? So you can just put it on a coffee table for people to read.

36*360,000= $12,960,000,- That is a nice netting if everything sells.

Was there any promo on this? Because I sure missed it. I remember someone posting about this before on here, and maybe an odd news post. If you sell something like this, you want it to gain some traction right? You want people to see this thing, so it adds to the value of the limitedness. If nobody is there to buy it. what is the added value?
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

$360,000

Come the fuck on now.

Yeah. Let’s sell my house for a hokey ass chamber and…. Book.

OUATIS is actually interesting for the price, not a book full of photos that we’ve probably all seen to some degree

I am a huge RZA apologist but man, he is getting out of touch with his fan base who made him and what will actually can make the group money in 2023.. i actually wonder how much the Clan outside of RZA will actually get out of this.

nada ignorante

This shit is Corny lol
    N.I.

The Chamber: 400 lbs of steel and bronze each individually designed by the sculptor Gethin Jones (protégé of Antony Gormley). Inspired by the ancient past and the bronze ritual bowls of the Zhou Dynasty whose first ruler was King Wu-Wang, the chambers consist of Spun Mild Steel bowls while the raised ridges, base and logo are furnished in solid brushed brass.
    Anybody got an idea of what the price would be for making something like this? Just trying to see how much money they would make on this. Production wise, this has to be the biggest cost. To leather bounding just 36 books seems pretty expensive, but I don't see that costs going beyond a couple 1,000 since it is handwork. The photographers probably also got a good cheque out of this.

Since the Clan name is attached to it, that means the whole Clan is getting a piece of the pie, no? I remember something from the Cyrus book about that if OUATIS was legally releases, apart from sampling, cheques would have to be made for the Clan and Power & Divine. But correct me if I am wrong about the usage of the name. Actually, if someone does know please elaborate.

And who has space for a 400 lbs chamber of steel and bronze? The rich? Interesting. This could end up in a museum sooner than a library. But where do you want people to find your work? In an accessible library, or one museum? Even for original works in museums, the library have books about the works with photos. Hmmmm. Shouldn't they donate one to a public library in Staten Island or something? Or have an expo based upon the book.

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    This shit is Corny lol
    this.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by JZA/Jordon View Post
    $360,000

Come the fuck on now.

Yeah. Let’s sell my house for a hokey ass chamber and…. Book.

OUATIS is actually interesting for the price, not a book full of photos that we’ve probably all seen to some degree

I am a huge RZA apologist but man, he is getting out of touch with his fan base who made him and what will actually can make the group money in 2023.. i actually wonder how much the Clan outside of RZA will actually get out of this.
    So outside of an email to reserve one of these and maybe an outlying music media blog post.. did this get ANY media hype?

Hopefully the RZA quietly made a few million but this isn't going to grow the brand.. :/

Quote Originally Posted by JZA/Jordon View Post
    So outside of an email to reserve one of these and maybe an outlying music media blog post.. did this get ANY media hype?

Hopefully the RZA quietly made a few million but this isn't going to grow the brand.. :/
    Not that I know of. I remember this being posted here, and than again being posted here. Outside of that nada. Maybe the average media blog is also not the target audience, so they might have reached out to other forms. Though which ones that would be I'd be curious about.

Anyone hear anything else about these things?? Lol