Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Method Man - Tical 0: the Prequel.. is this the 4.5 mic version??

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

Does anyone have the original version of Who Ya Rollin Wit, with ODB on the hook instead of Streetlife?

Edit: found it: https://youtu.be/bCFrMprYkJM

just finished listening to this all the way thru and its trash ( except for The Turn ). Guess my intuitions back in 2003 were spot on. Cmon cant take this shit serious right off the bat from the first beat from "The Prequel' shits a joke .Wtf the last track the outro is just Black Ice .

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Yeah this album ruined Meth's solo career. He was in everyone's top 10-top 25 rappers before this album dropped. This album kicked him out of everyone's list I agree with Forensikz, after this album Ghost became my favorite wu-tang member. It definitely was method man when I first got into the Wu. I feel like he never recovered from this album. Album is straight wack, I remember listening to it when it first drop and that second bar on the opening track is still cringey "It's the future, and I aint talking bout Mekhi Phifer" I knew the album was going to be wack after that. The Turn is the best track by far, followed by the Motto and the show. Tease is wack lol. He still has one good album in him out of all of the clan but he will need the right production. Like someone said before it needs Westside gunn calling the show and fire beats. But who knows. and by the way "Safe Box" isn't a real song, just some mixtape shit. the original song is "Get Shot Up" by Mobb Deep & Noyd.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Veteran Member

One more tweak...replace the album version of Say What with the J-Love version. That popped up on my MP3 shuffle today and is much better IMO

Wu-Veteran

Ive got my own version of tical 0...i feel its a bit better than this one. But yea...this album really did hurt his solo career. Combined with the time passed since tical 2000 and the tv show...ouch. but hey..he bounced back for the most part. He just needs a new full on solo album.

Peace CT

The Havoc album has been done for years now right? Like what are they waiting for at this point? Peace

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    The Havoc album has been done for years now right? Like what are they waiting for at this point? Peace
    Havoc posted a pic with Meth on his IG a few weeks back just saying: Get ready. “DirtyP”

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    Ive got my own version of tical 0...i feel its a bit better than this one. But yea...this album really did hurt his solo career. Combined with the time passed since tical 2000 and the tv show...ouch. but hey..he bounced back for the most part. He just needs a new full on solo album.
    anything im missing?

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    One more tweak...replace the album version of Say What with the J-Love version. That popped up on my MP3 shuffle today and is much better IMO
    ooh ill check that out brother thank you

i also added a pop the brown hornet song ft meth from this same time. Seems meth was trying to reach out to guys round this time.

Quote Originally Posted by rzatrax View Post
    just finished listening to this all the way thru and its trash ( except for The Turn ). Guess my intuitions back in 2003 were spot on. Cmon cant take this shit serious right off the bat from the first beat from "The Prequel' shits a joke .Wtf the last track the outro is just Black Ice .
    neither of those tracks are on this version above. Why would you listen to the retail? Thts why it should start with the rza as it flows from the intro anyway. The cut tracks really make a difference. Without them theres no chance of saving the album. But with ? Im playin devils advocate here

the motto, the show, the turn, whats happening, afterparty, the rocwilder amd even missy track are by no means wack

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Yeah this album ruined Meth's solo career. He was in everyone's top 10-top 25 rappers before this album dropped. This album kicked him out of everyone's list I agree with Forensikz, after this album Ghost became my favorite wu-tang member. It definitely was method man when I first got into the Wu. I feel like he never recovered from this album. Album is straight wack, I remember listening to it when it first drop and that second bar on the opening track is still cringey "It's the future, and I aint talking bout Mekhi Phifer" I knew the album was going to be wack after that. The Turn is the best track by far, followed by the Motto and the show. Tease is wack lol. He still has one good album in him out of all of the clan but he will need the right production. Like someone said before it needs Westside gunn calling the show and fire beats. But who knows. and by the way "Safe Box" isn't a real song, just some mixtape shit. the original song is "Get Shot Up" by Mobb Deep & Noyd.
    prolly just a freestyle in studio. I assume tell lies vision same way? Seem to yave been done same night. Perhaps that was a beat havic gave meth? Was produced by hav for kay slay streetsweeper 1 in spring 2003.

thought it sounded familiar. This was one of my fav post infamy mobb deep songs that i forgot about. Thank you. Would rep if i knew how. Doesnt show on my shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    neither of those tracks are on this version above. Why would you listen to the retail? Thts why it should start with the rza as it flows from the intro anyway. The cut tracks really make a difference. Without them theres no chance of saving the album. But with ? Im playin devils advocate here

the motto, the show, the turn, whats happening, afterparty, the rocwilder amd even missy track are by no means wack

i actually never listened to the complete lp back when it came out so because of all the talk here i thought id give it a quick spin on spotify. fair enough whats wack to some is not wack to others. No matter i thought id play around and make my own version of it . Not perfect but it was fun fucking with it and id still listen to my version than the orginal release.

if anyone is interested check it here https://tycobb-blends.bandcamp.com/a...obb-blends-mix

PRODIGAL SUN

i actually never listened to the complete lp back when it came out so because of all the talk here i thought id give it a quick spin on spotify. fair enough whats wack to some is not wack to others. No matter i thought id play around and make my own version of it . Not perfect but it was fun fucking with it and id still listen to my version than the orginal release.

if anyone is interested check it here https://tycobb-blends.bandcamp.com/a...obb-blends-mix
    Ill check bro. Thanks for entertaining the thought nonetheless. Ive been in a heavy method man mood lately. The meth lab tapes do even less for me than this album.

Wu-Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    anything im missing?

ooh ill check that out brother thank you

i also added a pop the brown hornet song ft meth from this same time. Seems meth was trying to reach out to guys round this time.

Ive got the 9th wonder remixes of the prequel, and baby cmon...also j love remix of the show and uh huh (along with the original)
    Ill post it

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    Ive got the 9th wonder remixes of the prequel, and baby cmon...also j love remix of the show and uh huh (along with the original)
    Ill post it
    thanks bro. Us wu fans really need to put together all this shit before we lose it. So many things dissapear i cant believe i remember half this shit. Ima uplod everything from wvery era on a blog so we got it forever

PRODIGAL SUN

Bro i just clicked it. Thats you? Im glad this thread got this made thats cool bro. Ima check this right now. I had a feeling someone mighta felt same way im glad this thread lead to that.

bro. Good job with pickin the beats. What do you use to blend them? Some of the blends lil rough but you did awesome pickin the beats for the right song for real. Some real ibscure rza here. Back in the days. G13. Awesome work man.

when i do blends i tap out the bpm on fl studio to get the right bpm and then do it to the beat and set each thing to blend to each other with a click. 123. It isnt always an exact science but if youd like a lil help id def helo ya get them exactly on point. I have trouble with the beat matching myself sometimes. I had that problem on my nas remix album in hip hop room. But ive been workin harder on making them match.

what beat is that we the dogs. I dont recognize that at all. Awesome blend there. You really did an awesome job with pickin the right beats man from that era.

iam check ya other work. Maybe we can connect on something.
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 02-05-2023 at 01:10 AM.

@ForensikZ check your msgs.