Thread: It's time for NASA to upgrade

{>____<}

Default It's time for NASA to upgrade

This is a good launch and test run; however, NASA is utilizing 60s and 70s space technology. This is unacceptable in this day and age. We have congress to thank for all the budget cuts over the years. This year, NASA requested only $26 billion from the federal government. If NASA would like to achieve true greatness, they'll need to request a lot more than $26 billion. A manned mission to MARS is scheduled to launch in the 2030s. NASA will need sufficient funds to make this dream come reality. Nuclear Propulsion is the answer!

Nuclear Propulsion was in its development stage in the mid 1950s. Budget cuts and the fear of another nuclear explosion halted the project. Nuclear Propulsion will cut the travel time to Mars to 90 days or less. During nuclear propulsion development, there were talks about interplanetary travel and even interstellar travel. Let's face it. Chemical propulsion via rockets is yesterday's space tech and it has its limits.

Also, entering back to Earth via crew module? I was under the impression that NASA built an upgraded version of this and not something they used since the Apollo missions. This mission costed billions to achieve but I cannot help that we've stagnated due to budget cuts. Unless NASA develops new tech, we're not leaving this planet.
    Last edited by IrOnMaN; 01-02-2023 at 03:11 PM.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

i actually agree, by now they should have better capsules. and whats going on with that EM drive.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    i actually agree, by now they should have better capsules. and whats going on with that EM drive.
    I read that it won't work properly. Scientists weren't able to produce any trust.

”Still craps and lies” Andy Warhov's Avatar

They cant even upgrade this site dude

And the cold war never ended. Its still the 60s

{>____<}

Fuel will be an issue for a return trip from Mars. I have an idea, but it may sound like science fiction.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    Fuel will be an issue for a return trip from Mars. I have an idea, but it may sound like science fiction.
    What is this idea?

The SLS is the most powerful rocket ever made.

I mean if you guys can do better...

the only other plausible idea would be the dyson sphere concept, only on the ship with very powerful solar mirrors absorbing power from the star or nuclear reactor engines but these are type 1 civilization theoretical concepts and we are nowhere close to being that advanced so i wanna hear this idea too.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    What is this idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    The SLS is the most powerful rocket ever made.

I mean if you guys can do better...
    Elon will be launching the heavy booster Starship soon. He says that it's twice as powerful as the SLS. I don't think it'll make it to orbit.

the only other plausible idea would be the dyson sphere concept, only on the ship with very powerful solar mirrors absorbing power from the star or nuclear reactor engines but these are type 1 civilization theoretical concepts and we are nowhere close to being that advanced so i wanna hear this idea too.

Their goal is 2030s. Nuclear engines are possible because NASA tested this in the late 50s/early 60s, but Congress cut the funding. So, in 2023, nuclear engines are the thing of the future. I'm seeing a lot of engineers who're working on nuclear propulsion.

A trip to Mars requires a lot of fuel. Arriving to Mars is one thing, but what about a return trip? I had a thought. If NASA can launch fuel tanks to Mars and then place those tanks in Mars's orbit before a crew arrives, they can dock with a fuel tank in orbit to refuel. I'm not sure if this is possible, but it's a thought. I mean, refueling in orbit makes sense vs Astronauts making their own fuel on surface.
    Last edited by IrOnMaN; 01-12-2023 at 01:08 PM.

Theres a lot of potential money in space travel, which I'm sure will help these advances.

I can also see the use of AI in solving technical problems being really important in the next few decades.

I still think mars is a waste of our time and resources , I’d rather they planned a trip to Europa , like shadynasty said , first send some sort of AI entity there , Scout, gather intel then manned missions after . I believe the moon of Europa has tons of great discoveries awaiting us .
    we need to give up on that red barren planet . It’s dead . It’s gonna take us forever to even terraform it if that was even in the works .
    dead end.

{>____<}

I still think mars is a waste of our time and resources , I’d rather they planned a trip to Europa , like shadynasty said , first send some sort of AI entity there , Scout, gather intel then manned missions after . I believe the moon of Europa has tons of great discoveries awaiting us .
    we need to give up on that red barren planet . It’s dead . It’s gonna take us forever to even terraform it if that was even in the works .
    dead end.
    We cannot with current tech because Congress is cheap. With nuclear propulsion engines, that'll be possible, but all we have are rocket engines, which have a top speed of 26,000 mph.

Mars should be a goal because it's humans exploring another planet in person.

There are private space agencies too. One of them can take on the task.

{>____<}

There are private space agencies too. One of them can take on the task.
    Yeah. Elon's Starship heavy booster is set to launch this weekend. The rocket is suppose to be faster than the SLS. We'll see.