Thread: Collecting Wu-related music

Veteran Member

Default Collecting Wu-related music

For the last few years I got back in to trying to collect every single album, loose track, freestyle, etc where a general or affiliate was involved. It got hard to keep up (I feel like Solomon Childs was dropping a feature every other day for a while) and honestly a lot of what I was downloading/purchasing/ripping was not any good...so I was spending money/time on a lot of stuff that I would never revisit. But in the last few weeks I've started not to care as much, and have glanced over a lot of recent tracks.

Anyone in the same boat? Or still obsessive-compulsively collecting every single thing that drops?

Same here. I think 2019 was the last year I was collecting. I still made threads here with the new wu related releases after that but whatever I posted I listened to like twice or three times only.
    Retired.

I think pro tools and digi snacks were the last ones i bought. These days i barely even download anything. Just some of the generals' stuff n the odd outstanding fam shit like the remedy and buggsy ones. Still try to keep up with holocaust too n would probably even buy a half official sounding release. Been tossing up possibly even buying the recent whale one. I quite like it.

I'd buy a new gza album too, or clan album. Otherwise it's the occasional download that almost always gets forgotten very quickly.

I just buy what I like. I stopped buying cds because they don't get played and just take up space. I did get back into buying vinyl again.

Veteran Member

I think the thing that really had me lose interest was trying to track down all of the singles...that was way too much work. OCD lost this round lol