Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 97 Majesty project

Default 97 Majesty project

whatup

I'm doing a temperature check here.

You might've heard tracks or snippets a few years ago from a project I started a called 97 Majesty. It was something I was doing at the same time Once Upon A Time In Shaolin was happening, except without the benefit of having rich parents to pay for all the features. It was basically a group made up of Killah Priest, Timbo King and Killa Sin that I was producing. all the features were other Wu people, was and 4th Disciple did a remix for the first single (he didn't just put a new beat to the song, I gave him just the vocals and adlibs to make his own song with). at that time I started producing for other artists and got involved in producing an album for another Wu affiliate (a lot of the 97 Majesty beats leaked on mixtapes and bullshit YouTube uploads, but whatever) and this and that happened so it never came out but still have everything. I haven’t checked this forum in a minute so I don’t know what’s going on and am out of touch with the wu world. Is Killa Sin out of prison? The last verse he recorded before going away was for my song. I'm not saying it's something shkrelli would pay another $2M for, but if you think it's something Wu fans would want to hear I'm listening. let me know brahh!

Killa Sin is locked up for years to come, he's not getting out any time soon

Is I Define also your producer name?

I don't think your Majesty 97 project was reported on here previously?
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 02-17-2023 at 10:02 AM.
    Retired.

Can't find anything online about Majesty 97 nor a collab between Bo King, Priest & Sin. Can you share some more info on the project, like maybe song titles, features, projected tracklist etc? Who was the other affiliate you produced for and were any of his songs officially released?
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 02-17-2023 at 05:40 AM.
    Retired.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

I didn't have nor have currently, rich parents. Just saying... holla at me though if you wanna do something with the vocals.

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

Priest, Timbo and Killa Sin is kind of a dream lineup for me…. So yeah, make it happen!!

Quote Originally Posted by I Define View Post
    whatup

I'm doing a temperature check here.

You might've heard tracks or snippets a few years ago from a project I started a called 97 Majesty. It was something I was doing at the same time Once Upon A Time In Shaolin was happening, except without the benefit of having rich parents to pay for all the features. It was basically a group made up of Killah Priest, Timbo King and Killa Sin that I was producing. all the features were other Wu people, was and 4th Disciple did a remix for the first single (he didn't just put a new beat to the song, I gave him just the vocals and adlibs to make his own song with). at that time I started producing for other artists and got involved in producing an album for another Wu affiliate (a lot of the 97 Majesty beats leaked on mixtapes and bullshit YouTube uploads, but whatever) and this and that happened so it never came out but still have everything. I haven’t checked this forum in a minute so I don’t know what’s going on and am out of touch with the wu world. Is Killa Sin out of prison? The last verse he recorded before going away was for my song. I'm not saying it's something shkrelli would pay another $2M for, but if you think it's something Wu fans would want to hear I'm listening. let me know brahh!
    peace I Define. i speak for millions of wu fans and we are ready for your project. the sooner the better i say maybe a summer release would be dope and ideal. BANDCAMP.COM might be a good way for you to release it. you have any links to your work that you say "leaked"

idk much about Sin situation and someone on here said he is doing 15 to life . not sure what the details are if he is elegible for parole ?

Highly interesting

Veteran Member

Whatup, sounds amazing if this is legit...add another interested head to the list

It’s legit, it’s just super fragmented

Everything I have is on hard drives atm. I’ll check YouTube. I know there was a badly edited preview uploaded awhile back.

at the very least it would make for a good 12”/single? 4th Disciple mix on the b-side.. there are a lot of one verse pieces that could probably be put together. I also got a lot of interference from this douche producer named Shroom whose tracks were not going to be used but still insisted I not use the vocals I had built songs around. Whatever. He made “cocaine central” so bravo. Still, I think my song was better. I would finish up my version of this affiliate's album as well if he would be into the idea of putting it out

I don’t want to link to anything unfinished, I can if you want but for example I did the intro to a Hell Razah album using a sample I had to replay to avoid the clearance issues that would’ve DEFINITELY blocked it. they added some Puerto Rican chick singing on it over an already very busy track that had a Killah priest verse etc etc. this shit happens all the time; the finished version isn’t at all what you, the producer, mixer and arranger intended. * shrug emoji *
    Last edited by I Define; 02-18-2023 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    I didn't have nor have currently, rich parents. Just saying... holla at me though if you wanna do something with the vocals.
    hahaa. let’s talk about it. dm me I’ll give you my info. we (with streetlife and a rapper called palestine) hung out for a bit after a wu show somewhere in Europe a million years ago.

Lightbulb

part of the Killa Sin verse on the original beat, hard cuts to the 4th Disciple version. I don’t know why it was edited that way, but what the fuck

built strong for longevity
    measures beyond
    let it be known
    the god blow like melodies from 70’s songs
    when I get goin you better get gone

etc etc.

Last edited by I Define; 02-18-2023 at 05:26 AM.

Thanks for sharing and providing all the additional info. Much appreciated!
    Retired.

Snippets sound mad nice too, great stuff!!
    Retired.

Veteran Member

Yooo...I was wondering what the story was behind that Killa Sin/partial track. Shit is hard AF. Did you know that Shaka Amazula put this on his Brotherhood of the Wulf Pt2 compilation?

You have my attention lol

Veteran Member

^^Can't edit but here is that thread and my post...

https://wutangcorp.com/forum/showthr...f-2-on-the-way

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    Listened to most of the album...it's pretty solid with a few questionable "BSOM" things...

That I Define track is crazy! But where is the rest of the song?? Lol
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 02-18-2023 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Fixed the quote (bracket was missing)