Thread: Memphis Bleek shares clip of very 1st live performance of 'Coming of Age' w/Jay-Z

Default Memphis Bleek shares clip of very 1st live performance of 'Coming of Age' w/Jay-Z

Retired.

nada ignorante

dope RD has aged like fine wine
    N.I.

{>____<}

What happen to him?
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

He started his own imprint 'Get Low Records' (he had some little known artists on it) which in turn led to beef with JT Tha Bigga Figga, whose crew was also called Get Low.

He released a few solo mixtapes and then that was more or less it for him. That was years ago already.
    Retired.

One of the most clunkily phrased lines in hiphop will always be Jay-Z saying 'Bleek could always be one hit away' on Diamonds from Sierra Leone remix. It was meant as a shoutout but comes off arrogant and like a pisstake on Bleek

It seems Bleek feels the same way

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.www...urt-his-career

It was also a bad look imo for Bleek to have Jay's 'Dear Summer' on his own album, even if they both agreed on it I guess

There was also this famous review about a latter day Rocafella album (I forget which one), it was on RapReviews I think, where the critic said 'without Jay-Z the future looks a little ... bleek'

Full disclosure : I've always been a Bleek fan
    Retired.

Memphis Bleek is Sean Price cousin?

Anyway I feel like Jay put his own records first, Memph style was too gully to become a mainstream rapper.

But yeah he was always dope on his features, his albums are solid. He could have continued as an indie rapper if he wanted, but I think hes in business now.