Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wu Really Dropped the Ball w/Wu-Massacre

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Default Wu Really Dropped the Ball w/Wu-Massacre

I was listening to this album the other day for some reason and yeah the dropped the ball hard with this one. Probably only about 2-3 "decent" tracks on here. Some songs are old and just with new vocals on them. No cohesion on the album, sounds more like a mixtape. If they really put some effort into this we could've got a Pt.2 but with different clan members like Deck, MK and GZA or Deck, Cappa and U-God. But I see why they moved on after this project....
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Clusterfuck of an album. Sure, (just) a few good tracks on there, but doesn't sound or feel like a genuine album at all.

The build up for the project was huge. So was the let down when it dropped. Bad look for the Wu.
    Retired.

'Our Dreams' was cool.

I'm guessing this was more or less a money grubbing Def Jam idea than something organic.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    'Our Dreams' was cool.

I'm guessing this was more or less a money grubbing Def Jam idea than something organic.
    it was because rae got cut outta half the album allgedly due him not being signed to def jam

Peace CT

Probably haven’t popped this one in over a decade. Gonna keep it that way. Peace

Veteran Member

I thought the project was decent. I liked it enough to add it to my phone...I think there are some bangers on there

I have absolutely no recollection of anything on this tape.

Must've been a classic.

The biggest letdown in Wu history. There was so much hype for this album, badass promos and everything, cool artwork with different designs. This was supposed to be a CLASSIC, but it turned out sounding like a bad mixtape.

Aside from being ridiculously short and rehashing old songs, the beats are painfully mediocre and the “guest verses”are just dumb.

They should’ve had a total REDO on this project. Cilva or someone should’ve provided the beats and added movie samples to make it cinematic and cohesive. I don’t know who the executive producer was but he dropped the ball. Def Jam fucked it up somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    The biggest letdown in Wu history. There was so much hype for this album, badass promos and everything, cool artwork with different designs. This was supposed to be a CLASSIC, but it turned out sounding like a bad mixtape.

Aside from being ridiculously short and rehashing old songs, the beats are painfully mediocre and the “guest verses”are just dumb.

They should’ve had a total REDO on this project. Cilva or someone should’ve provided the beats and added movie samples to make it cinematic and cohesive. I don’t know who the executive producer was but he dropped the ball. Def Jam fucked it up somehow
    Ringz produced Meth vs Chef 2 though. The instrumental with intro can be found on Mental Chamber IV.

Criminology 2.5 is just a lazy rehash. And 30 minutes with a minute of skits.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Meth vs Chef 2 is credited to Mathematics, but it's a good beat. Only other good beat on there is Youngstown Heist by Scram Jones. Everything else, even RZA's beat, is either mediocre or bad.

Better production could've salvaged that album, but then again, the verses weren't fire either, so I don't know. It sounds like a copy and paste album

Peace CT

I believe Ringz has stated on here that he gave Math the sample for Meth vs Chef 2. Peace

3 solid tracks: Our Dreams, Dangerous and Miranda.
    This album was a huge disappointment, it barely felt like an album. What really happened?
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ

Veteran Member

Are we not rocking with Gunshowers? I love that shit

Tbh I like the Smooth Sailing RMX. I fux with Solomon Childs on the chorus.

Looking back at the thread so far it looks like everyone thinks the whole project is mediocre but each of us has a different top song.

I will say I'm not surprised nobody singled out It's That Wu Shit as a stand out performance lol.

In the end it's just not a cohesive listen despite some good songs.
    Retired.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post
    In the end it's just not a cohesive listen despite some good songs.
    Agree