Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wu Really Dropped the Ball w/Wu-Massacre

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    I completely wrote this project off when I was a kid. I just skimmed it on Spotify and there are actually a few pretty good tracks. Going to plan to revisit this
    Shit is wack. He just threw that together for a check.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

There was no serious care taken to make this album you can tell nobody took it serious for whatever reason. GFK was behind it and this shit sucked and he failed. supposedly done for the fans but if that was true than this body of work would have been classic and memorable. bullshit is what it was.

i made a blend of it already and upon closer inspection i realized that GFK vocals on "its that wu shit" are complete trash as far as quality goes. i didnt realize how much of a hiss there is on his vocals until i uploaded it to bandcamp. the more i fucked with the diff. mix of this album the more i disliked it. i dont know but i guess i can put it out if anyone is interested in listening to it. i just lost motivation the more i fucked with it.

https://www.mtv.com/news/snrkk4/meth...up-wu-massacre

Method Man, Ghostface Killah And Raekwon Hype Up 'Wu Massacre'
    'If you're a ride-or-die Wu-Tang fan, and you know where we coming from, you're gonna enjoy this one,' Rae says.
    Music
    By Shaheem Reid

March 11, 2010

4:00 PM

Although Raekwon , Method Man , and Ghostface Killah are putting out the Wu Massacre album together, you shouldn't consider the trio a group -- their group will always be the Wu-Tang Clan .

"We're not doing this to win. We're not doing this to bring Wu-Tang to the forefront. We're not doing this to save the group. We're a part of the group," Method Man said recently in New York. "This album could have been done by Deck, U-God and GZA. Either/or, it's still Wu-Tang. The bottom line with this LP, it was something fans always requested. It's like, what else was we doing? It was a given. Hopefully, we can all get back in the studio and get enough time to really work on an LP."

Although Meth and his fellow Clansmen were excited to make Wu Massacre, they didn't get as much time locked in the lab as they wanted. Def Jam was eager to get the album out to ride the wave of the critical success for Meth and Redman's Blackout 2, Ghostface's Wizard of Poetry and Rae's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx ... Pt. II.

"Def Jam put a rush on it," Meth said. "We didn't have a lot of time to work on it. We recorded with no budget. It is what it is. We did this for the fans. It felt good to get in the studio with Rae and Ghost. The future looks bright."

The LP features the three swordsmen and a host of guests, including Ghost's son Sun God and Method Man's close friend Street Life. Only a handful of songs, however, feature Meth, Rae and Ghost together.

"It's a couple of joints on there you're gonna like," Rae said. "We're not all on the same joint, because we think that's kinda corny. 'Let him get his off. Y'all two do that. I don't gotta be there.' Or 'We do that. You don't have to be there.' It's an album to get back on the mic and do what we do over hot beats. When you think of Wu, you look at it as, we make hot albums. We don't make great singles that's gonna take off. We always focus on the body of the work. We focus on the album and make sure you get a chance to vibe with us for an hour or so."

Meth, Rae and Ghost didn't get a lot of time to spend in the studio because of their individual schedules. Some songs were pulled from unreleased recordings, and Ghostface acted as the main curator for the album.

"A lot of the production was dealt with through us playing phone tag," Rae said. "Ghost had a lot to do with really binding the album together. It's a great album. I think the people gonna enjoy it. One thing about me that I could say is, lyrically, it's never been a problem for us to deliver. It's great production on the album. RZA is on there. A couple of other soldiers we work with is on there. If you're a ride-or-die Wu-Tang fan, and you know where we coming from, you're gonna enjoy this one."

One of the LP's immediate standouts is "Meth vs. Chef 2." Over dramatic horns, Rae and Meth trade verses, trying to be iller than the other.

"Sh-- on your crew, n---as it's Wu, rap athlete/ The track shoe bigger than you," Meth rhymes on the record. "I sneeze on the track and get atchu."

Rae answers: "Y'all rappers gonna feel my pain/ But the other way around, when it's going down/ I'm gonna reign."

Quote Originally Posted by rzatrax View Post
    "A lot of the production was dealt with through us playing phone tag," Rae said. "Ghost had a lot to do with really binding the album together. It's a great album. I think the people gonna enjoy it. One thing about me that I could say is, lyrically, it's never been a problem for us to deliver. It's great production on the album. RZA is on there. A couple of other soldiers we work with is on there. If you're a ride-or-die Wu-Tang fan, and you know where we coming from, you're gonna enjoy this one."
    Phone tag?
    Ghost put it together?
    Great production on the album?

Everything Rae said sounds awful. They might as well do a Wu Massacre 2 with Deck, U-God and Masta to redeem themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Shallah Raekwon
    We're not doing this to win.
    mission accomplished
    Retired.

rzatrax can you share your blend of Wu Massacre, please? Thank you.
    Retired.

nada ignorante

Gunshowers and Miranda were fire... The rest mixtape material. The album really could ve been something special.
    N.I.

nada ignorante

Youngstown heist was nice too
    N.I.

Miranda and Gunshowers were the shit! Dope-ass tracks!

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post
    glad to . stay tuned. thx for your interest. peace.

''We focus on the album and make sure you get a chance to vibe with us for an hour or so."

ummm more like 29 - 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    Youngstown heist was nice too
    This is my pick for the best track on the album ONLY because it’s got the best beat on there, but it’s mostly ruined by average MCs, minus Ghost. Miranda and Meth vs Chef 2 are mostly good beats but the verses are lackluster.

Everything else is bad or mediocre beats, combined with bad or mediocre lyrics.

https://tycobb-blends.bandcamp.com/a...ord-mix-teaser

It was clearly rushed, i heard Def Jam was putting pressure to release the album after the success of OB4CL2.
    For me a track that had potential and was changed was Criminology 2 that was Rae & Ghost, and when they released the 2.5 version on the album i was like Yeah! Rae x Ghost x Meth!
    But, only Ghost & Meth!
    And Ghost verse was a different one! I was fking mad yo

https://tycobb-blends.bandcamp.com/a...the-lord-mix-2