Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Raekwon And Ghostface Have Joint Album On The Way Produced Exclusively By Pete Rock

Default Raekwon And Ghostface Have Joint Album On The Way Produced Exclusively By Pete Rock

Raekwon And Ghostface Have Joint Album On The Way Produced Exclusively By Pete Rock

Sha Be Allah
    April 3, 2023

Production legend Pete Rock took to Instagram to announce that has a collaboration album on the way featuring Wu Tang Clan favorites Raekwon The Chef and Ghostface Killah, produced exclusively by thew Chocolate Boy Wonda.
    There is no scheduled release date that has announced, but promotion for the project has already begun, including an a cappella by the duo at half court of the legendary Madison Square Garden.
    TheSource.com will update the information on this highly anticipated release as it is made available.
    Not immediately excited by this. Maybe it is because somebody brought up the missed opportunity of Wu-Massacre. Or maybe it is because I can't recall any new heat by Pete Rock, just his court cases.

Also, where is Supreme Clientele 2? Ghost seems to be producing any kind of work, as long as it is not SC2. I'd bet that if I approached his team for an album with a hefty sum for a MetaVerse collaboration, he'd be down and we'd have 7 tracks for a virtual world album on the block chain within 4 months.

And wasn't Rae working on OB4CL3?
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

I'll take it.
    Retired.

Cuban Linx 3 is still being "curated," as Rae says, but he also mentioned he wants to release something called Scarlet Fever beforehand, so who knows.

Who the hell knows what Ghost is cooking, if anything.

Anyway, Pete Rock hasn't had a dope beat in years, so this sounds disappointing to me. Necro, C-Lance, Mr. Green, Alchemist, Roc Marci, literally anybody else could give Ghost and Rae better beats now

If you ask me, Alchemist is on a roll.

Scarlet Fever, I remember that name. But haven't heard a thing about it in a minute. Rae did do that 3 track EP, Appetition in 2020.

Appetition was a total snoozefest. I see he used the same dictionary as with Immobilarity.
    Retired.

Any Raekwon album needs to have a 2 minute interlude of him trash talking. Just look at WWCD, that intro is gold. If there is one thing Rae never lost, it is his ability to talk shit.

Fuck, I'd love to hear him and U-God go back and forth in skits. Uey is another one that can talk like no other. Hmmm, maybe we just need a Wu vs Wu album with tracks like:
    Meth vs Chef
    Who's The Real Chef? (Chef vs Uey) (They just diss each other cooking, for real. I put money on Rae gloriously dissing Golden Arms cooking. And U-God calling Rae's subpar ingredients out as if he was choosing Immobilarity beats. edit: at the U-God could say fuck you to Rae for almost shooting him when they were kids XD)
    GZA vs RZA (Just totally based on science)
    Interlude where RZA does a beat battle against True or something.
    Cappa vs Ghost (They probably don't want to battle. But I want to hear who got the flyest vocabulary.)
    Masta Killa vs Deck (Something crime story related. They got back and forward telling the same crime story. You could actually make it Rashomon like. Put GZA & Ghost on this one too.)

Shit like this
    Last edited by Jet Set; 04-06-2023 at 05:47 AM.

Pete has had some good projects but also some meh ones in recent years. He should be able to step up for a project with this much potential though.

{>____<}

Thanks for sharing.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Filing this in my brain under interesting sounding wu projects that will likely never drop

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

PRODIGAL SUN

I have atleast 2 cuban linx 3 level beats, possibly 3. I just dont know where to send them

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    I have atleast 2 cuban linx 3 level beats, possibly 3. I just dont know where to send them
    Send them to Shaka... I'm sure he will find a use for it.

Veteran Member

I liked the beats on the Hip Hop Mixtape with Cappadonna. This could work if everyone brings their A game
    Last edited by hiphopjunky; 04-09-2023 at 11:03 AM.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

I'd rather get the Ghost & Raekwon album Westside Gunn wanted to put together.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    I'd rather get the Ghost & Raekwon album Westside Gunn wanted to put together.
    This right here. Ain't nobody exec producing albums like WSG in the 2020s. Get Daringer, Conductor Williams, Alchemist, etc.....banger for sure
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    Beat Submission: [email protected]

That's exactly where you send them. Raekwon's record label, Ice H2O Records. They're begging for beats on Instagram