Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Raekwon And Ghostface Have Joint Album On The Way Produced Exclusively By Pete Rock

Shaolin Master

I don't understand the link to the MSG video in the initial post as that was a promo for Kith cross promotion w/ Knicks as part of a series w/ other MCs doing the same.

Unless R & G are just going to recycle the verses onto this project.

Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    This right here. Ain't nobody exec producing albums like WSG in the 2020s. Get Daringer, Conductor Williams, Alchemist, etc.....banger for sure
    damn right!

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

As we all know from being fans and witness on the hulu show, these guys have BIG egos. I don't think they'll do the WSG album. I think he'd push them to get to a certain level and idk if they'll take it well. They're probably more comfortable with Pete Rock. He would probably just make the beat and tell them to rhyme on it and that's it. WSG is more like a director so he'll be telling Rae and Ghost to do this and that. They might not take it well lol
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    As we all know from being fans and witness on the hulu show, these guys have BIG egos. I don't think they'll do the WSG album. I think he'd push them to get to a certain level and idk if they'll take it well. They're probably more comfortable with Pete Rock. He would probably just make the beat and tell them to rhyme on it and that's it. WSG is more like a director so he'll be telling Rae and Ghost to do this and that. They might not take it well lol
    Good point.

It would be great to have a Griselda Wu project in any form but doing projects with one producer is also a smart move. It seems to work generally way better than using a bunch of different producers. Theres exceptions, but yeah.

Its stupid that no Wu member has made a full project with Alchemist yet either.

They were young and stupid. Now they’re grown men who listen. Plus Ghost has made albums with hipster producers for the past few years now. Just giving them a cappella verses and they create the album. How do you think 12 Reasons to Die and all those other hipster albums were made?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    It would be great to have a Griselda Wu project in any form but doing projects with one producer is also a smart move. It seems to work generally way better than using a bunch of different producers. Theres exceptions, but yeah.

Its stupid that no Wu member has made a full project with Alchemist yet either.
    A WU solo album entirely produced by The ALC sounds so nice...but maybe even Alchemist is not interested in that right now.

In the realm of realistic possibilities, why isn't there a general's solo album with Bronze Nazareth providing all the beats? The closest we got was Willie The Kid x Bronze, which was hella dope in its own right.

Is Bronze considered too underground? IDK man, he ALWAYS brings the heat, even for unknown emcees like the Kurt Solid guy that was posted about two weeks ago. That track was fire and Mr Solid ate the beat up.

Also, how expensive can Bronze be? I'd think not very expensive since he seems very approachable for up and coming rappers. Just look at Bronze's track record over the years. Many many often low profile (but very good) emcees.

Also generals should get over themselves and record a solo album with Cilvaringz. I'm still hoping that Ghost x Cilvaringz album that was once mentioned by Cilvaringz will happen one day. Look at all of the banging instrumentals Cilvaringz put out over the years. That's an exquiste catalog to choose from even if, as a rapper, you don't have time to put in much work to put together the right beats from various producers for one album. The album so to speak is already there : many styles but all the beats still have the Cilvaringz stamp on them so the whole thing will sound cohesive. And if a general is willing to put in the time to actually develop a solo album from the ground up I'm sure Cilvatingz will tailor make beats for a general in line with the emcee's style and even offer up lyrical possibilities (track topics).

Maybe it will work better with a general who is on a smaller label and the label is willing to take chances?

Look at Bugsy. He put together an album with Wu Elements beats and OF COURSE the album was fire.

Obviously I don't need to convince anyone posting on here lol.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 04-13-2023 at 05:14 AM.
    Retired.

Well, at least we got Ghost' "Ghost Files [Bronze Tape]", thanks to M-Eighty, which I'm playing now. Saying what you want about M-Eighty but at least he matched Ghost with Bronze.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post
    Also generals should get over themselves and record a solo album with Cilvaringz. I'm still hoping that Ghost x Cilvaringz album that was once mentioned by Cilvaringz will happen one day. Look at all of the banging instrumentals Cilvarinz put out over the years. That's an exquiste catalogue to choose from even is, as a rapper, you don't have time to put in much work to put together the right beats from various producers. The album so to speak is already there : many styles but all the beats still have the Cilvaringz stamp on them so the whole thing will sound cohesive. And if a general is willing to put in the time to actually develop a solo album from the ground up I'm sure Cilvatingz will tailor make beats for a general in line with the emcee's style and even offer up lyrical possibilities (track topics).
    He can shed more light on it but I get the feeling Cilva is burned out after the Shaolin undertaking and doesn’t feel like starting from scratch again. Ok understandable. But as a Wu producer, if I were him, I'd be producing all types of albums: Shyheim solo, Ghost & Rae colab, Cuban Linx 3, etc. Unless the generals really really don’t want to work with him for whatever reason, then it’s not his fault

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post
    Well, at least we got Ghost' "Ghost Files [Bronze Tape]", thanks to M-Eighty, which I'm playing now. Saying what you want about M-Eighty but at least he matched Ghost with Bronze.
    And he is potentially bringing us a new Holocaust project... Speaking of, anyone heard from Poison Flowerz? I think I recall him having some health issues. Hopefully he's doing ok

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Don't nobody want to hear those boring ass Bronze beats man.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Don't nobody want to hear those boring ass Bronze beats man.
    I like how his beats are based on soul music. To me it makes them stand out a bit from the crowd. I like hearing 10 to 15 of them in a row on an album, makes the album's overall sound cohesive to me.

I like hard hitting beats too, though, like early RZA and Wu Elements stuff. Havoc, Alc, Griselda production etc.
    Retired.

There are few producers nowadays who rarely miss. Even Stoupe, who used to be a powerhouse, has fallen from grace. He’s still my second favorite producer ever, behind RZA, who’s ALSO fallen from grace.

Necro, Mr. Green, C-Lance, and maybe Cilva are underground producers who can still bring the heat. Mainstream producers like Alchemist and Muggs are hit and miss