Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Raekwon And Ghostface Have Joint Album On The Way Produced Exclusively By Pete Rock

Peace CT

Alchemist has become boring no? C Lance is very hit or miss. He’s always good for a few snoozers. Necro and Mr Green I don’t know much about. And let’s be realistic about Ringz, and I mean no disrespect but, his last beat that was on something that was actually released was on Shaolin vs Wu-Tang right? That’s a looooooong time ago. In my opinion, Muggs is best out now as he can work with any generation. And whoever Griselda uses. Although I don’t sweat them too much other than Rome, but u have to admit they got the beats down. Conductor Williams is a problem. Havoc, Real Bad Man (never gets mentioned) and 7L come to mind as well as guys that can make an entire project. Peace and sorry for being all over the place. Ha
    Last edited by josborne3680; 04-14-2023 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Typo

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

I'd love to serve up. I got so many beats for them it's unreal. Unfortunately (and unfairly) OUATIS left a real bad taste in them, soooooo it is what it is...

But, I bet you none of it will match what Maro did with Throwback Boogie.

https://open.spotify.com/track/6U5Jb...5a6ddd1df142c8

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    I'd love to serve up. I got so many beats for them it's unreal. Unfortunately (and unfairly) OUATIS left a real bad taste in them, soooooo it is what it is...
    ALL of them are salty? What about Shyheim and underground dudes? There’s gotta be someone you can work with

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    ALL of them are salty? What about Shyheim and underground dudes? There’s gotta be someone you can work with
    Unfortunately alot of the Killa Beez are burnt out. Timbo King is probably one of the only few who still has it.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Eastern village

Honestly if I put in work in a project and cant listen to the finished project and hardly noone else in this lifetime I would be upset aswell. No shade to you cilva. I understand the idea behind it but since it got into the wrong hands to begin with and now some investors got ouatis im afraid it will fall into obscurity.

And in a few years noone will even talk about it. Atleast you got a paycheck for it and hopefully the members who put in work in it aswell.

I dont know about a pete rock produced album will work out for them. I would love to see black milk or someone like that behind the project. It would be a better match.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

This is a Rae & Ghost album. They don't need the regular underground production. They need top tier producers.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    This is a Rae & Ghost album. They don't need the regular underground production. They need top tier producers.
    Most top tier producers are underground dudes nobody listens to. The best beat on Cuban Linx 2 is Gihad, given to Rae by Necro. Mr Green and Stu Bangas release instrumental albums on Spotify and they feature brilliant beats. Cilva released like 5 instrumental albums and they all have bangers on them. But nobody is spending time listening to Spotify instrumental albums. Also, besides Vinnie Paz, rappers have shitty ear for beats

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    But, I bet you none of it will match what Maro did with Throwback Boogie.

https://open.spotify.com/track/6U5Jb...5a6ddd1df142c8
    Well damn…that’s fire. Props to Maro. Sheesh

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee3 View Post
    Honestly if I put in work in a project and cant listen to the finished project and hardly noone else in this lifetime I would be upset aswell. No shade to you cilva. I understand the idea behind it but since it got into the wrong hands to begin with and now some investors got ouatis im afraid it will fall into obscurity.

And in a few years noone will even talk about it. Atleast you got a paycheck for it and hopefully the members who put in work in it aswell.

I dont know about a pete rock produced album will work out for them. I would love to see black milk or someone like that behind the project. It would be a better match.
    This is the type of entitlement that is a problem within the video game industry. People put in a lot of hours, for a paycheck. Even over time, which is not being paid out. And the project is subsequently axed by the publisher. All your work down the drain. Maybe some assets get reused, but that does not always happen. So you start on a new project, maybe with the same company, and again it gets the axe after a year. This cycle could repeat within the same company, or several. And since development take time, you could look at years of NDA's on your resume, with a story of cancelled projects. Now that really sucks.

Now for OUATIS, people put in the work and got paid. Now a lot of Wu are on record as being old and having selective amnesia where they do or do not know about the project. But for their sake, let's say they did not know, and thought it was just a 'mixtape' project. (Didn't Deck drop his Triumph verse on a mixtape first?) So it is just a mixtape project, and going by the way the say this we are talking about a project that will not see a big release. In other words, it will be obscure, no a lot of people will pay attention when they even listen to it, and it will fall into obscurity.
    So they did what they were hired to do, and got paid. Now the album had to be finished. Are they going to front the money on the project? Did they put in the over time to finish the project? Or were they just guns for hire on a project like so many projects they do. I would be surprised that they are following through on all this little features they do and make sure their work gets out. So why are they caring so much now about 'their work'.

Envy. They love the project, but they are mad they did not do the knowledge and actually looked more into it. They did not think this would get sold for so much, and were blown back by the figures and coverage. They feel sidelined a bit, while their brand took them on a run which they have been longing for for years. (Would love to see the streaming number before 2014 and after 2014.) This is a bit weird though, for these older men. I don't get why they feel hurt so much and can not see a bigger picture of what this has meant. Why are they so adamant that this is the project you should care about hearing? That only adds to the legend.

What I don't understand is, after all these years, the DAO was an opportunity to get the thing out to the public. They could have embraced this more publicly, if they cared so much about the fans.

All in all, I am pretty done with the hypocrisy from the Clan around this project. I did not hear them calling foul about RZA for putting a single track on a BlueTooth speaker that was only being sold in the US in a very limited number. And last year saw Ghostface & Uey, two pretty vocal critics, have been pushing their own exclusive content via NFT's and alternative players. Did anybody hear those U-God tracks yet?

The other thing I wanted to address is fans that think you owe them something because you announced a project. They will get furious if something gets changed or something gets canned. Even though you are looking at it from a technical point. Now what do you really owe them? They are not shareholders or the publishers. And you are working for the company and the publisher, they are paying you. (Now this has changed, but not for these projects.) Alternatively, you could have worked at an indie company and releasing a string of games on Itch.io than only 5 people ever played. But no you can hardly pay anyone.

Aw fuck it. Just wanted to say that it is not unusual to not see your work get released. Just hope that you were paid.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Big Ghost Ltd that used to post on this forum and had a hilarious blog is one of the sickest underground hip-hop producers right now.

A R.A.G.U. X Big Ghost Ltd album would be FIRE!!!

”Still craps and lies” Andy Warhov's Avatar

You guys are dreaming. Just hope the Pete rock actually happens and is good

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Warhov View Post
    You guys are dreaming. Just hope the Pete rock actually happens and is good
    I was just saying it would be nice for them to make an album wih Big Ghost Ltd.

But yes, an album with Pete Rock is also really nice, Pete Rock is one of my favorite hip-hop producers, he is legendary and he is from the same era as Rae & Ghost, so for them to make an album with him makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    This is the type of entitlement that is a problem within the video game industry. People put in a lot of hours, for a paycheck. Even over time, which is not being paid out. And the project is subsequently axed by the publisher. All your work down the drain. Maybe some assets get reused, but that does not always happen. So you start on a new project, maybe with the same company, and again it gets the axe after a year. This cycle could repeat within the same company, or several. And since development take time, you could look at years of NDA's on your resume, with a story of cancelled projects. Now that really sucks.

Now for OUATIS, people put in the work and got paid. Now a lot of Wu are on record as being old and having selective amnesia where they do or do not know about the project. But for their sake, let's say they did not know, and thought it was just a 'mixtape' project. (Didn't Deck drop his Triumph verse on a mixtape first?) So it is just a mixtape project, and going by the way the say this we are talking about a project that will not see a big release. In other words, it will be obscure, no a lot of people will pay attention when they even listen to it, and it will fall into obscurity.
    So they did what they were hired to do, and got paid. Now the album had to be finished. Are they going to front the money on the project? Did they put in the over time to finish the project? Or were they just guns for hire on a project like so many projects they do. I would be surprised that they are following through on all this little features they do and make sure their work gets out. So why are they caring so much now about 'their work'.

Envy. They love the project, but they are mad they did not do the knowledge and actually looked more into it. They did not think this would get sold for so much, and were blown back by the figures and coverage. They feel sidelined a bit, while their brand took them on a run which they have been longing for for years. (Would love to see the streaming number before 2014 and after 2014.) This is a bit weird though, for these older men. I don't get why they feel hurt so much and can not see a bigger picture of what this has meant. Why are they so adamant that this is the project you should care about hearing? That only adds to the legend.

What I don't understand is, after all these years, the DAO was an opportunity to get the thing out to the public. They could have embraced this more publicly, if they cared so much about the fans.

All in all, I am pretty done with the hypocrisy from the Clan around this project. I did not hear them calling foul about RZA for putting a single track on a BlueTooth speaker that was only being sold in the US in a very limited number. And last year saw Ghostface & Uey, two pretty vocal critics, have been pushing their own exclusive content via NFT's and alternative players. Did anybody hear those U-God tracks yet?

The other thing I wanted to address is fans that think you owe them something because you announced a project. They will get furious if something gets changed or something gets canned. Even though you are looking at it from a technical point. Now what do you really owe them? They are not shareholders or the publishers. And you are working for the company and the publisher, they are paying you. (Now this has changed, but not for these projects.) Alternatively, you could have worked at an indie company and releasing a string of games on Itch.io than only 5 people ever played. But no you can hardly pay anyone.

Aw fuck it. Just wanted to say that it is not unusual to not see your work get released. Just hope that you were paid.
    I'd say there's always two sides to a story... the first being this from Raekwon's book:

Once Upon a Time in Shaolin (2015) wasn’t something any of us besides RZA was
    a part of. That album was made from preexisting verses that RZA and the other
    producer, Cilvaringz, had collected over the years. RZA had signed Cilvaringz to
    Wu-Tang management years ago and we all worked with from time to time,
    both as the group and on some of our solo albums. He would give guys beats
    and not charge them, in exchange for verses. So between shit he’d collected from
    most of us over the years and the many extra verses RZA had, the two of them
    had enough material for this concept record. He and RZA took it a step further
    and came up with the idea of hiring an artist to make a custom silver box and
    pressing just one copy of this Frankenstein album. They took all these vocals
    that were done in other situations, created the shit, and auctioned it off for
    two million dollars to that Pharma Bro guy and convicted felon Martin Shkreli.
    It’s some of the dirtiest shit I’ve ever heard of.

And the other side of the story would be this from Raekwon's tweets:

https://twitter.com/Raekwon/status/449273636005117952

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    I'm working with LA and some other top Beez... hopefully we can get something out real soon. Back in touch with Killa which is positive as well.