Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Raekwon And Ghostface Have Joint Album On The Way Produced Exclusively By Pete Rock

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Rae never told me he was chosing me or anyone specifically as a protest against RZA. So RZA never told me anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    I didnt even think Silver Rings was that dope... it was an old beat and I had sent in better ones. Still dope they named it after me though. Rae isn't going to let me do OB4CL3 or anyone else exclusively for that matter.
    Despite not being a big name producer, I have faith (based on your Spotify instrumental albums) that if an MC gave you total control on an album that you’d deliver the goods. I don’t care if Rae and the others are salty. You’re obviously a talented producer, and if you took control of a solo Killah Priest or Shyheim or whatever album, you’d kill it.

My hope is that you find someone, anyone, to work with and create their album. I don’t care if it’s Chino XL, Cage, Ras Kass, RA the Rugged Man, or Wu members. Just somebody. You must be fiending to do something like that, right? Don’t just rest on your laurels

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    Despite not being a big name producer, I have faith (based on your Spotify instrumental albums) that if an MC gave you total control on an album that you’d deliver the goods. I don’t care if Rae and the others are salty. You’re obviously a talented producer, and if you took control of a solo Killah Priest or Shyheim or whatever album, you’d kill it.

My hope is that you find someone, anyone, to work with and create their album. I don’t care if it’s Chino XL, Cage, Ras Kass, RA the Rugged Man, or Wu members. Just somebody. You must be fiending to do something like that, right? Don’t just rest on your laurels
    Well I appreciate it sir. I can assure you that the beats with most potentil do not make it to my Mental Chambers series. I've actually sent Shyheim over 60 beats I think and he chose a total of zero. Me and KP would be great, but that's an album I'd have to record in person with him in Morocco where he will be surrounded by mountains and hills and mudbrick homes and farms to get him into the Biblical mode.

I've actually sent Shyheim over 60 beats I think and he chose a total of zero. Me and KP would be great, but that's an album I'd have to record in person with him in Morocco where he will be surrounded by mountains and hills and mudbrick homes and farms to get him into the Biblical mode.
    Awesome

Rae never told me he was chosing me or anyone specifically as a protest against RZA. So RZA never told me anything about it.
    I’m not surprised but was just curious on his or even your reception of that album and if Rae proved his point of not having RZA have full control/100% of the beats on new Wu albums. Finishing the huluwu series has got me back on my Wu over everything mentality again. My wife son(11) and I were hype and rhymin with them for the final 10 mins of the last episode plus the credits. Just one of many fun, uplifting experience that’s been givin to me or made possible by their music. It’s actually incredible because I’ve STILL never even been to a wu concert. Missed the last wu/nas tour even though the last one was at the amphitheater 5 minutes from my house but I’m DEF going to this next one.

Well I appreciate it sir. I can assure you that the beats with most potentil do not make it to my Mental Chambers series. I've actually sent Shyheim over 60 beats I think and he chose a total of zero. Me and KP would be great, but that's an album I'd have to record in person with him in Morocco where he will be surrounded by mountains and hills and mudbrick homes and farms to get him into the Biblical mode.
    60 beats and chose 0…I don’t get it bro. I think Shyheim’s last decent lp was the greatest story album and that was easily 15+ years ago and KP’s been flooding the market with mediocre music for a while now. Lyrics are there but the beats aren’t good imo. I know “the dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum” but would you rather paint a picture on a crumpled up, old, dirty piece of cardboard or fresh, crisp, clean white canvass..the backdrop is just as important as the painting itself. I understand most artists want to branch out but you should never forget your base.
    Look at Nas, ofcourse he’s got hardcore fans like we are for wu, some of his albums were lackluster or just bad. Linked with a producer that was almost the same age as me when “illmatic” and “it was written” came out so he knew what the people wanted to hear cuz he wanted to hear it too. All Wu related artists need to take a look at that as an example of how to “revive” your music career or have a resurgence and reach the younger generations plus still satisfy your core fans.
    And as someone mentioned earlier Tarik, you’ve got/had an opportunity most of use dream about. I’m sure you’re good financially but shit you could be Wu Tang’s HitBoy lol. And I’m sure the “beef” they have would die out pretty quickly if their financial gain was improved by you giving over some of yours. For example they get $1 and you get a $1 but instead they’re shown that they get $1.50 and you get $.50 because YOU want to “make things right” and create an album or a run of albums like nas and hitboy. I’m definitely NOT tryin to watch pockets, pretend like I have any clue of how the music industry works and I honestly don’t know how a 1 artist 1 producer album’s payment is split. But it’s a damn shame and incredibly frustrating, to me atleast, that an album like “I” doesn’t have a follow up and you don’t have atleast 1 production credit on EVERY wu related album.
    Yes OUATIS exists but at this point it may as well not cuz it has 0 affect on the fans or possible new fans. Do you know how many people I’ve spoken to that have heard snippets on YouTube and ask me when it’s comin out or where they can hear it? Still to this day. It’s crazy and should 1000% be capitalized on imo.

Alchemist is runnin the game right now on the production side. Madlib, muggs, and a few others are runner ups but it just shows that the “old” sound by the old heads that we all grew up on is back and being appreciated by ALL generations of listeners. Shit Roc Marci and Bronze made a BANGER together but in order for it to have REALLY blown up, the output of each artist should’ve been flipped or at very least shared. And THEN followed up with what we got to hear.
    I’ve got a lot more to say but that’s just my 2 cents for now. Appreciate the responses Cilva, I’m sure we all do.
    Last edited by trinking; 04-17-2023 at 07:15 AM.

To be honest, I must say there's an itch for 'II' now that I was re-editing the vinyl/cassette re-release of 'I' slated for this summer. I'm writing my autobiographical Wu-Tang story down and have been playing with the idea of the book coming with the II album and getting back on the mic now that I have stuff to rap about. It's my mind, but with a family and trying a new carreer in film it's almost like there's not enough hours in the day to do it all.

And as far as people's tastes in beats. Not to beat myself on the chest but I gave many of the brothers quality beats but it seems noone's really into the old sounding stuff... I don't get it either.

This would've been great news in 98.

Shyheim and the Wu generals should be ASHAMED of themselves for turning down all those Cilva beats. Absolutely disgusting. There’s a Cilva beat on Spotify called Allah uh Akbar that’s one of the greatest beats I’ve ever heard, and anybody who turned that down is a fucking idiot. Wu Tang Saga on Hulu was right: RZA is the only smart member of Wu

Big egos + hood mentality.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    Shyheim and the Wu generals should be ASHAMED of themselves for turning down all those Cilva beats. Absolutely disgusting. There’s a Cilva beat on Spotify called Allah uh Akbar that’s one of the greatest beats I’ve ever heard, and anybody who turned that down is a fucking idiot. Wu Tang Saga on Hulu was right: RZA is the only smart member of Wu
    To be fair, Meth wanted that yeaaaaars ago... but never asked for it again and obviously he wouldn't now.

I got a questions for Cilvaringz, how hard is clearing samples nowadays?
    Like some of ure beats samples would be hard to get clearing?
    Maybe the reason they dont use a bunch of sampled beats is to avoid getting sued or something ????

I'm sure it plays a role, but don't think it's the defining factor.

I'm sure it plays a role, but don't think it's the defining factor.
    Well, let me put it this way.
    Remember Biggie’s RTD album.
    When they did the remastered version it had beats replaced due to samples being cleared, which was disapointing!
    Remember we never heard about that in the press, and still happened!
    Also, some Wu related songs were Ghosts “Flowers” & “Ghost Deini”