Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Raekwon And Ghostface Have Joint Album On The Way Produced Exclusively By Pete Rock

I've always been intrigued by sample clearing. If a producer gives a rapper a beat, does that mean the samples have already been cleared by the producer?

Seems like it would be unethical for a producer to give someone a beat that features a sample that hasn't been cleared. Honestly though, a lot of these underground producers don't clear any samples because they think the mainstream won't notice. Necro got in trouble when he got sued by a female singer when she found out he'd sampled one of her songs without her permission. Necro probably thought she'd never find out.

As for Cilva's beats, I recall a few sounding like they could've been sampled from major movies like Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings or something, and I can imagine the headache it would cause to clear those samples. But I don't know how that process works. Do you even have to clear samples if you live in a different country?

I don't think producers clear samples for a beat tape sent to producers. Samples are only cleared when a beat gets picked up? I would assume the rapper's camp (record label) is then responsible for getting the sample cleared? I could be way off though.

I think samples need to be cleared worldwide so it doesn't matter if producer and rapper are not in the same country.

Good questions. There's so much we don't know about the business end of things.
    Retired.

By now sample clearing should be no problem??
    tracklib changed the game.
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    But, I bet you none of it will match what Maro did with Throwback Boogie.

https://open.spotify.com/track/6U5Jb...5a6ddd1df142c8
    That beat/song is DOPE!
    Last edited by Kanha; 04-21-2023 at 04:47 AM.
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ

PRODIGAL SUN

Ill believe this when i see it

stillwaiting on that cuban linx doc lol

Quote Originally Posted by MakCorleone View Post
    Well, let me put it this way.
    Remember Biggie’s RTD album.
    When they did the remastered version it had beats replaced due to samples being cleared, which was disapointing!
    Remember we never heard about that in the press, and still happened!
    Also, some Wu related songs were Ghosts “Flowers” & “Ghost Deini”
    Ghost Deini only made it to Canada. Flowers never got past the white label. That's a bit different from the samples being replaced later in my opinion.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

I have high expectations for this album because Raekwon, Ghostface and Pete Rock are 3 hip-hop artists I really like and respect, but at the same time I have low expectations because I have been disappointed with almost everything Wu-related in the last 20 years.

But then I remember Shaolin VS Wu-Tang, 12 Reasons To Die and 36 season and those are dope albums.

I am for sure waiting for this album.

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    stillwaiting on that cuban linx doc lol
    Is there any update on that? I've seen Rae mentioning it every now and then. But no solid update on the Purple Tape Doc, or whatever it was called. The start was already weird with the crowdfunding. It lacked certain aspects of communication that made me doubt the thing would reach its goal. Which I believe it did not. After that it went silent aside from the Rae mentions.

With them going on tour, my bet would be that Rae is trying to sell this to Massappeal. Would also be his best option to get some sort of wide release. Otherwise chances of it getting a limited release are pretty big.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I have high expectations for this album because Raekwon, Ghostface and Pete Rock are 3 hip-hop artists I really like and respect, but at the same time I have low expectations because I have been disappointed with almost everything Wu-related in the last 20 years.

But then I remember Shaolin VS Wu-Tang, 12 Reasons To Die and 36 season and those are dope albums.

I am for sure waiting for this album.
    These guys are 53-54 years old. Don't hype yourself up too much. At this stage the beats have to be the most important thing.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.