Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why dont GZA performs his verse on 4th Chamber when he performs with the Wu-Tang Clan live??

Default Why dont GZA performs his verse on 4th Chamber when he performs with the Wu-Tang Clan live??

Sorry if this isnt news, but its Wu-Tang related.

I´m hyped because I am going to see the Wu-Tang Clan live for the for first time in my life live this summer and I´ve been a fan since 1996.

I love all verses from 4th Chamber ( this song is probably my favorite Wu-Tang song ever ) , but I dont understand why when The GZA is with the Clan he does not performs it live, all other verses are really dope ( GFK, Priest, RZA ) and The GZA part is like the nail in the coffin because he killed it, he really came correct on his part, the verse and the flow are incredible.

So, once again, I dont really understand why he does not performs it live, plus its from his solo album, any clue??
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 04-16-2023 at 02:02 PM.

the fuck??

I just saw their last show in Brazil and instead performing the 4th Chamber verses they played "Smells Like Teen Spirit" from Nirvana, come on, I have eclectic musical tastes and I like Nirvana, but changing one of your most iconic songs from a Nirvana song in a rap show its just weird and awkward.

They could play that Nirvana song, but after or before the 4th Chamber track and verses.

just my 2 cents.

OK, from what I just watched on youtube from their last Brazil show, they are going for a early 2000´s Cypress Hill route and live they are trying to be a Nu Metal band.
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 04-16-2023 at 03:21 PM.

{>____<}

Probably tired or want to move on
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    Probably tired or want to move on
    He never performed it live, every live video I find from this track RZA is always thd last MC, even from live videos from the 90's.

The "tired or want to move on" argument doesn't make much sense because he performs other tracks from this era or even older but not this one.

Like I said, this song holds a special place in my heart because it's probably my favorite Wu-Tang song.

Hes been performing Liquid Swords solo live on tour for the last few years. I think thats your best chance at hearing GZA perform the verse (although without the other guys).

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Hes been performing Liquid Swords solo live on tour for the last few years. I think thats your best chance at hearing GZA perform the verse (although without the other guys).
    Thanks!

Peace CT

He’s currently on tour now with some hippie band. Only a few dates left. Peace

I'm from Europe, so that will be hard to catch.

Also, that's the reason I am a fan since 1996 and this is the first time I am going to see them, it's the first time they come to my country.

I am almost sure that all generals arent going to be there, which in my opinion is a bit of a rip off by them, but hey, at least I am going to see some of them and I am going to see a Wu-Tang show.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I'm from Europe, so that will be hard to catch.

Also, that's the reason I am a fan since 1996 and this is the first time I am going to see them, it's the first time they come to my country.

I am almost sure that all generals arent going to be there, which in my opinion is a bit of a rip off by them, but hey, at least I am going to see some of them and I am going to see a Wu-Tang show.
    I don't want to discourage you but I saw them labeled as 'Wu-Tang Clan' performing live at a festival in Belgium a few years back and it was mid. Not the same energy with the high profile members missing. IIRC Meth, Ghost and Rae weren't in attendance. Uey brought the energy though. So did Cappa. GZA is not an energetic live performer.
    Retired.

I've seen individual generals and Killa Beez, mixed groups of them and a couple of Wu-Tang shows with 6 or more members.

The Wu-Tang shows were by far the most boring to me. At most two or three members brought the energy at each of them, and also the crowds were too big.

But seeing GZA (with 9th Prince for whatever reason) perform Liquid Swordz in front of maximum 200 people was certainly one of the best. Cappa all by himself was another highlight, and so was a a Meth/Red show, a Killa Beez show with Beretta 9, Timbo King, Shabazz the Disciple and a few others, and a RZA/Bob Digi show with Masta Killa and Tekitha. Best Ghost show was with Theodore Unit. And the absolute best concert I ever saw was Black Market Militia with R.A. The Rugged Man in front of a 100 people.

So my conclusion here (and not just from Wu-Tang shows): The smaller the venue, the better the show. By FAR!

Peace

Where you at in Europe, Apocalypse?

Peace CT

Definitely agree on the venue thing. Smaller the better for sure when comes to hip hop. Peace

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

I remember seeing Pusha T years ago at a festival in a crowd of like 30 people... was kind of embarrassing... but I do agree that smaller venues are better.

Anyway, Wu perform 4th Chamber at shows to get the crown jumping... and GZA's way too laid back when he performs these days, so it doesn't work for this track.

Also, the last couple of times I've seen the Clan, Math has played tracks like Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana, "I love rock n roll" and Jump Around by House of Pain in between songs... I have no idea why... this needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by KoKane View Post
    Where you at in Europe, Apocalypse?
    Portugal

Hip-Hop only had its boom over here around 2003.

There some big names that already came here to big venues, Nas with Damian Marley, Cypress Hill, Snoop Dogg, Raekwon solo, AZ, Mobb Deep, MOP, Evidence & Alchemist, ONYX, etc, etc.

Roc Marciano its going to perform in Lisbon next sunday but I am going to miss it.
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 04-21-2023 at 06:38 PM.

^^ Great country! Lisbon is my fav city abroad. I was there for 10 days and didn't want to go home (for real). when I retire I wanna move to Lisbon if Portugal still has the same tax system then (it's beneficial for retirees from abroad if I understand correctly)
    Retired.